Author Topic: Who's ill?  (Read 54993 times)

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Who's ill?
« Reply #1075 on: Thursday 28 February 2019, 11:58:37 pm »
:undecided: I'm mostly healed but I might need surgery. They've fused but they're dead loose. Like, they rattle around. Doc said give it a month and we'll see. Otherwise they'd like to cut me open. Still haven't slept in a bed since January.

Bit on the fence re the knife, since elective surgery is how my mother went. Deliberately went out of my way to go to a different hospital than the one she died in since I can't even begin to set foot in that other place. It's all in my head but my head is dead convincing. :lol: I do not want an elective procedure. QoL is through the god damn floor, though. I'm on two hours a night, ffs.

s*** dude, I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds utterly miserable. How're you sleeping then? Have you tried a hammock?

And if it comes to surgery, you'll be alright.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #1076 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 12:07:28 am »
Stay positive Moke, you’ll be reet.

Nowt you can do to sort your sleep, aside from drugs, when at home or is it pain waking you?

Pain. When I wake up they feel like they're folding in. :scared:

If I lie flat it wakes me up within an hour or so. I'm really hoping this is just like, home stretch healing. I will anxiety myself to death if they're like you need surgery. :lol:

I'm essentially pain free until I fall asleep and my body relaxes. Then it's just some f***ing s***.

@Tomato Deuce  :lol: Sleep nearly upright on my couch like a maniac. Got one of those husband pillows off Amazon and I settle into that and roll the dice.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #1077 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 12:18:45 am »
Aye, well I ain’t gonna like that sounds f***ing grim. Always trust the docs though, they’ll have lost more knowledge than we ever had in the first place.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • This is what peak performance looks like.
« Reply #1078 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 01:07:26 am »
That sucks dude. Hope it is just a long heal.

Online leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #1079 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 11:36:55 am »
I def agree with going to a different hospital. As far as elective surgeries go - well I've had a number of good stories in the wife's family about hip/knee replacements and such in the elders :lol:. My guess (and it's a total guess, hopefully you have a surgeon you can trust, get recommendations from people if you can) is that doing it while you're "young" is probably a good idea.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Online thomas

• General Member
« Reply #1080 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 05:01:30 pm »
Also we're friends here and there's no judging. If it's really a waifu and not a husband pillow you can say so.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #1081 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 05:24:51 pm »
Also we're friends here and there's no judging. If it's really a waifu and not a husband pillow you can say so.

:lol: First of all, all the f*** we do up in this motherfucker is judge with your lying ass.

Second, it's a husband.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #1082 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 11:29:49 pm »
Anyone had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at the same time? It's been almost a week now and my jaw is still agonising - basically can't cope without ibuprofen, which can't be good :lol:

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #1083 on: Saturday 2 March 2019, 12:24:37 am »
Anyone had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at the same time? It's been almost a week now and my jaw is still agonising - basically can't cope without ibuprofen, which can't be good :lol:

My dentist retired after wrenching three out :lol: He had to put both feet on the chair for the third. It subsides. You'll be fine once the swelling goes down. I had stitches and I wasn't even a snitch. Keep killing the pain tho.
:) As you were.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #1084 on: Saturday 2 March 2019, 12:27:23 am »

My dentist retired after wrenching three out :lol: He had to put both feet on the chair for the third. It subsides. You'll be fine once the swelling goes down. I had stitches and I wasn't even a snitch. Keep killing the pain tho.

Yeah, dissolvable stitches are still there. It recommends taking ibuprofen for no more than 10 days, which has nearly ended. So it needs to be gone by then!

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #1085 on: Saturday 2 March 2019, 04:55:40 pm »

Yeah, dissolvable stitches are still there. It recommends taking ibuprofen for no more than 10 days, which has nearly ended. So it needs to be gone by then!

Keep taking them if it hurts, man. NOT A DOCTOR.
:) As you were.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #1086 on: Sunday 3 March 2019, 04:07:06 pm »
Just got over a cold not long ago and woke up today with another one that is so much worse. :(

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #1087 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 03:45:36 pm »
Have an inflamed gland on the lower right hand side of the back of my neck. Causing an incredibly painful headache, no appetite, an absolutely boiling temperature in my head but the rest of my body shivering like f***. Absolutely horrible. This must be what the G-Virus feels like. Christ.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Online ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1088 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 08:53:36 pm »
I've got some sort of stomach virus as the minute.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #1089 on: Friday 5 April 2019, 09:30:42 pm »
Fought a bad cold off all week in work in an attempt to avoid a sickie. Then I done my back today and had to go home. First time I've ever f***ed my back and Jesus its the absolute worst. I can barely walk. Cant take a deep breath when im standing up or anything.

Online thomas

• General Member
« Reply #1090 on: Friday 5 April 2019, 09:56:11 pm »
Science needs to quit f***ing around and get us Krang suits already.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #1091 on: Friday 5 April 2019, 10:21:41 pm »
Fought a bad cold off all week in work in an attempt to avoid a sickie. Then I done my back today and had to go home. First time I've ever f***ed my back and Jesus its the absolute worst. I can barely walk. Cant take a deep breath when im standing up or anything.

:lol: I picked up a ten pound plate and did my back for like three days. Was trapped on the floor for a bit more than a day. Backs are no joke. Feel better, Deck.

Online ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1092 on: Wednesday 24 April 2019, 06:32:57 am »
First time in ages i haven't drank for 3 days in a row, feel much worse :lol: tired and far more anxious, guess it's my body adjusting.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #1093 on: Wednesday 24 April 2019, 08:40:42 am »
First time in ages i haven't drank for 3 days in a row, feel much worse :lol: tired and far more anxious, guess it's my body adjusting.

Keep at it. :) I was 9 months sober on Monday.

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #1094 on: Wednesday 24 April 2019, 08:43:24 am »

:lol: I picked up a ten pound plate and did my back for like three days. Was trapped on the floor for a bit more than a day. Backs are no joke. Feel better, Deck.

How much food was on that plate? ffs, Mike.

Offline summerof69

• General Member
« Reply #1095 on: Wednesday 24 April 2019, 09:33:43 am »
Got shingles

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #1096 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 02:08:13 pm »
Wisdom teeth getting whipped out tomorrow morning. I'm guessing I should be stocking up on painkillers?