Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 565372 times)

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
Re: Cricket
« Reply #19825 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 12:31:34 pm »
Durham are absolutely s**** again, I see.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #19826 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 12:36:05 pm »
Durham are absolutely s**** again, I see.

Yeap, going to be like this for quite a few years.

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #19827 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 01:02:56 pm »
Relieved and also slightly amazed that they've chosen the right squad. If Archer hadn't got in it would have been an absolute disgrace, the guy just has that something extra and is probably the only thing this ODI squad didn't have - genuine quality fast bowling.

Still amazed at how effortlessly he manages to bowl 90+.  When you compare the amount of effort he needs to put in compared to someone like Wood, it looks so easy to him.  I think someone (Mike Selvey perhaps?) was saying he could easily get even quicker with a few tweaks.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #19828 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 01:57:30 pm »
Relieved and also slightly amazed that they've chosen the right squad. If Archer hadn't got in it would have been an absolute disgrace, the guy just has that something extra and is probably the only thing this ODI squad didn't have - genuine quality fast bowling.

Still amazed at how effortlessly he manages to bowl 90+.  When you compare the amount of effort he needs to put in compared to someone like Wood, it looks so easy to him.  I think someone (Mike Selvey perhaps?) was saying he could easily get even quicker with a few tweaks.

They reckon he'll be 95+ regularly soon, reckon he's taken a few mph off for England to improve accuracy.

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #19829 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 02:22:48 pm »
I'd have picked Willey just for variation. Despite being a Wood fanboy,  I probably would have left him out.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #19830 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 02:36:14 pm »

They reckon he'll be 95+ regularly soon, reckon he's taken a few mph off for England to improve accuracy.

Insane when you think about it.  Would love to read an article that breaks down the biomechanics of his action.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #19831 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 03:15:48 pm »

Insane when you think about it.  Would love to read an article that breaks down the biomechanics of his action.

They reckon it's all about how he use's his shoulder which allows him to get the pace without looking like he's breaking sweat usually.  I'll dig out what I was reading yesterday.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #19832 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 04:31:28 pm »
Getting giddy with excitement about the World Cup now, as it approaches. As usual, feeling typically pessimistic about India's chances, we always do terribly in English conditions where the ball genuinely swings. Our top order needs to hold their nerve. Bumrah should be great, though.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #19833 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 05:24:05 pm »
Same, just realised I'm off for the West Indies game as well :)

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #19834 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 07:44:27 pm »
I'm p*ssed coz I'm working on many of the days. Gotta see if I can get a backup to cover me during some of the games. Wish I'd had enough hindsight to book the days off. Especially the India - Pakistan game, I'm scheduled to work that day! FML.

Offline alijmitchell

• General Member
« Reply #19835 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 09:08:05 pm »
I'm not sure how comfortable I am with England being the favourites at anything, but they're quality side. Hope the morgan injury is okay. India are the ones I worry about. And Australia obvs, because they're scheming, cheating t***s.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #19836 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 12:06:02 am »
Not anymore - this is a new era of Australian gentlemen cricketers.

And we won’t make the semi finals
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler

Offline alijmitchell

• General Member
« Reply #19837 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 12:08:30 am »
No offence to actual Aussies I have to add...it's just a cricket team thing...

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #19838 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 11:04:54 am »
Wood has pulled up with an injury

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #19839 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 02:15:50 pm »
Steve Smith given out to the most obvious bump ball.  Strange decision

Offline alijmitchell

• General Member
« Reply #19840 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 10:08:34 pm »
Weird warm up game that, with all considered. Though I have to say, Australia bowled and fielded very well at the end. Some nice variations and slower balls. They'll be a threat with their bowling attack.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #19841 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 10:10:06 pm »
Comical how they put an ODI on the same day as the one day final.

Offline alijmitchell

• General Member
« Reply #19842 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 10:13:34 pm »
Yeah it's almost as if the ECB are run by a bunch of incompetent arseholes...

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #19843 on: Thursday 30 May 2019, 10:34:51 am »
Good start for England

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #19844 on: Thursday 30 May 2019, 12:53:23 pm »
Joe Root and getting out after 50.  There isn't a more iconic duo
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline maybe_next_year

• General Member
« Reply #19845 on: Thursday 30 May 2019, 01:10:06 pm »
Joe Root and getting out after 50.  There isn't a more iconic duo

Roy and Morgan have clearly been taking batting lessons from him too.
"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."

Offline alijmitchell

• General Member
« Reply #19846 on: Thursday 30 May 2019, 01:17:35 pm »
Saffers have done very well so far. Put the squeeze on. Hopefully Jos can push it a bit.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #19847 on: Thursday 30 May 2019, 01:59:37 pm »
Moeen shouldn't be batting this high up, he's been awful with the bat for a while now.

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #19848 on: Thursday 30 May 2019, 02:16:50 pm »
Solid score.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline alijmitchell

• General Member
« Reply #19849 on: Thursday 30 May 2019, 02:33:54 pm »
Not a disaster, but I reckon you'd have to say that score is a bit underwhelming considering how many got in. But, I reckon we can defend.