Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 525275 times)

Dan

Re: Cricket
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 16 August 2005, 05:23:25 pm »
i love it.  my second favourite sport after football.

but although prefer to watch football on telly, i think watching a live international is a far better day out than a visit to st james.

the banter at the cricket is like an away football game, expect it lasts all day and you can have a good old drink while you watch the action.

i was at the last two days at edgbaston and it was superb. my best two day outs of the year so far.

Morph

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 16 August 2005, 05:31:28 pm »
What do you think of Cricket? I've always tried to get into it but it is just to boring. Utter crap and I am amazed how much coverage it gets.
i think it gets all the coverage cos it clearly isnt crap.

in my opinion its better than football and the cricketing superstars are a better bunch than the footballers, they dont go round cheating and play the game for the love of it not for 6 million grand a week.

Morph

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 16 August 2005, 05:41:41 pm »
who here plays cricket in the Durham Senior League?

think im coming to play in that league next season.

need a club.

any recomendations?

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 16 August 2005, 07:16:29 pm »
Thank god someone else thinks Cricket is still crap. This whole cricket is great fad will die again when England go back to being s***.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 17 August 2005, 11:24:31 am »
Thank god someone else thinks Cricket is still crap. This whole cricket is great fad will die again when England go back to being s***.

Aye, ths thread has turned into my worst nightmare- A cricket jizzfest

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 17 August 2005, 04:39:10 pm »

Sweeping generalisations \o/

Morph

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 17 August 2005, 04:41:29 pm »
'the cricket fad' will never die.

its the second biggest sport in the country.

grow up and stop being ignorant.

Offline hggcraig

• General Member
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 17 August 2005, 04:55:05 pm »
people who sit and watch cricket for hours on end must lead boring lives with nowt else better to do
Never argue with an idiot. He just drags you down to his level and beats you with experience

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 17 August 2005, 04:55:37 pm »
people who sit and watch cricket for hours on end must lead boring lives with nowt else better to do

Wrong.

Offline Gemmill

• General Member
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 17 August 2005, 05:24:42 pm »
In the past I've slagged cricket off having not watched it in years (since probably the 80s).  Having watched some Twenty20 stuff, one dayers and the latest Ashes tests, I have to admit that the game is a lot more interesting than I've given it credit for in the past.  Having said that, the cricket I remembered from when I was a kid really was very boring a lot of the time.  The game seems to have changed a lot though and the last two Ashes test haven't just been good cricket matches....they've been as good as it gets as far as sporting contests and tension are concerned.

failure is like a disease to Kevin Keegan, one without a cure.

HTT on Kevin Keegan.  The glory days are back on N-O.  This is the sort of quality I look for in a forum.

Badly cluttered forums are a disease, HTT's the cure is what I say tbh.

Offline Aphrodite

• General Member
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 17 August 2005, 05:34:29 pm »
Aye, the days of Boycott seem to have gone. Block, block, leave, block, block, single.
Interviewer: Which pantomine contains the character 'Widow Twanky'?
Sean Thornton: Romeo and Juliet

Offline PM

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 17 August 2005, 05:42:04 pm »
Cricket is the dogs bollocks. It's a shame people don't have patience these days, with your flashing lights and things, argh!

Great sport when you understand it, as is Formula 1.

agreed

F1 is GREAT

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 17 August 2005, 05:55:04 pm »

Sweeping generalisations \o/

Totally \o/.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

The Shaman

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 17 August 2005, 07:10:32 pm »
Cricket's been crap since the retirement of Viv Richards, Greenidge, Marshall, Lloyd and Co...... but more importantly due to the shortage of talent in the West Indies, and the subsequent failure to replace it's former greats, cricket has lost it's true entertainer/ticket seller.

Morph

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 17 August 2005, 07:58:31 pm »
footballs pathetic compared to cricket.

when do you see a cricketer cheating or moaning about the umpires, or fans beating the s**** out of each other?

just listening to 5 live, all the txts are from football fans saying theyd prefer to be listening to the cricket.

Papa Lazaru

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 17 August 2005, 10:13:46 pm »

Wrong.

More complete bollocks than wrong!

As other people on the thread have said, cricketers are so much better as people and professionals than your average footballers and the recent Ashes battles have been the eptiome of what great sport is about.

That said, much as i love cricket, football and NUFC will always be number 1, though i suspect these days i'd much rather watch England cricket than England football team.

Bellers

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 17 August 2005, 10:15:43 pm »

Wrong.

I totally agree

More complete bollocks than wrong!

As other people on the thread have said, cricketers are so much better as people and professionals than your average footballers and the recent Ashes battles have been the eptiome of what great sport is about.

That said, much as i love cricket, football and NUFC will always be number 1, though i suspect these days i'd much rather watch England cricket than England football team.

Offline Syrette

• TAFKA Role Model
  • General Member
  • Forward thinking
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 29 July 2006, 08:33:30 pm »
Thought I'd bump this topical thread.  bluewink.gif

Geordiesned

« Reply #43 on: Saturday 29 July 2006, 09:07:09 pm »
I'm going to Headingly next Saturday for the 3rd day of the 3rd test. Admittedly it is more for the drink than the cricket though! :D

smoggeordie

« Reply #44 on: Saturday 29 July 2006, 09:20:48 pm »
Got any spare tickets? ;)

Geordiesned

« Reply #45 on: Saturday 29 July 2006, 09:23:50 pm »
Nope.

We've got a coach load going down so should be a canny day.

HyDrO

« Reply #46 on: Saturday 29 July 2006, 09:31:32 pm »
Cricket is the dogs bollocks. It's a shame people don't have patience these days, with your flashing lights and things, argh!

Great sport when you understand it, as is Formula 1.

ditto.

Offline PM

• General Member
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 29 July 2006, 10:11:04 pm »
I'm going to Headingly next Saturday for the 3rd day of the 3rd test. Admittedly it is more for the drink than the cricket though! :D

Could be wrong but I think Saturday is the 2nd day next week.

Geordiesned

« Reply #48 on: Sunday 30 July 2006, 12:06:42 am »

Really? I just assumed it would be the 3rd day. What the hell. I won't remember much of the cricket anyway!  mr2j.gif

Offline PM

• General Member
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 30 July 2006, 03:11:37 am »

Really? I just assumed it would be the 3rd day. What the hell. I won't remember much of the cricket anyway! mr2j.gif

:D Aye, the next test starts on Friday as they're back-to-back.