Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 668999 times)

Offline Mikky

• General Member
Re: Cricket
« Reply #23925 on: Monday 16 November 2020, 02:14:02 PM »
Having watched the BBL for years, its biggest issue is the length of the comp - it’s too bloody long (2 months?) so fans have switched off - all they needed to do was make it a 4 week tournament - 3 overseas players is about right imo, will improve the quality which it lacks - the rest of the changes are bollocks

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #23926 on: Monday 16 November 2020, 02:14:46 PM »
Having watched the BBL for years, its biggest issue is the length of the comp - it’s too bloody long (2 months?) so fans have switched off - all they needed to do was make it a 4 week tournament - 3 overseas players is about right imo, will improve the quality which it lacks - the rest of the changes are bollocks

Yeah, making it longer a few years back put me right off it. 

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #23927 on: Monday 16 November 2020, 10:12:39 PM »
Gotta keep Murdoch happy to lure him and Foxtel to bid for the cricket rights.

They're also wondering why they went from getting 80k at the MCG to most Sixers games I went to last year being sub 12k attendance apart from the Sydney Derby game.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #23928 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 08:48:23 AM »
ECB accused by John Holder and Ismail Dawood of 'institutionalised racism'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/54955330

Online Paully

• General Member
« Reply #23929 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 10:27:02 AM »
?s=21

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #23930 on: Wednesday 18 November 2020, 09:26:04 AM »
England going to place two T20I in Pakistan next October before the world cup.

Online Paully

• General Member
« Reply #23931 on: Wednesday 18 November 2020, 12:11:10 PM »
Hopefully normality is back for the first one - typical it's up here!

Sri Lanka

Tue 29 June England v Sri Lanka 1st ODI Emirates Riverside, Durham
Thu 1 July England v Sri Lanka 2nd ODI Kia Oval
Sun 4 July England v Sri Lanka 3rd ODI Bristol County Ground
Pakistan

Thu 8 July England v Pakistan 1st ODI Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
Sat 10 July England v Pakistan 2nd ODI Lord’s
Tue 13 July England v Pakistan 3rd ODI Edgbaston
Fri 16 July England v Pakistan 1st IT20 Trent Bridge
Sun 18 July England v Pakistan 2nd IT20 Emerald Headingley
Tue 20 July England v Pakistan 3rd IT20 Emirates Old Trafford
India

Wed 4-8 Aug England v India 1st Test Match Trent Bridge
Thu 12-16 Aug England v India 2nd Test Match Lord’s
Wed 25-29 Aug England v India 3rd Test Match Emerald Headingley
Thu 2-6 Sept England v India 4th Test Match Kia Oval
Fri 10-14 Sept England v India 5th Test Match Emirates Old Trafford

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #23932 on: Wednesday 18 November 2020, 12:35:20 PM »
Guessing there'll be another test series at some point? As 1 series seems a little lacking.

Also other the the upcoming SA ODI series, do England have anything planned for the winter?

Online Paully

• General Member
« Reply #23933 on: Wednesday 18 November 2020, 04:49:52 PM »
Guessing there'll be another test series at some point? As 1 series seems a little lacking.

Also other the the upcoming SA ODI series, do England have anything planned for the winter?

I’m sure they were due to tour India in January bud yeah it’s not in the fixtures now?!

Online Paully

• General Member
« Reply #23934 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 11:29:27 AM »
Anyone know what the Ashes iten is? I planned on doing the last three Tests but looking at the schedule of the World Cup (Final is 15th November) then I assume the Ashes is going to start a lot later than normal? Or Melbourne and Sydney won't be the last two Tests (but still the Boxing Day and NY Tests?)?

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #23935 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 11:55:11 AM »
Anyone know what the Ashes iten is? I planned on doing the last three Tests but looking at the schedule of the World Cup (Final is 15th November) then I assume the Ashes is going to start a lot later than normal? Or Melbourne and Sydney won't be the last two Tests (but still the Boxing Day and NY Tests?)?

The boxing day and new years tests are set in stone as they are the cash cows for the MCC and SCC iirc, so will probably mean the last 3 tests get moved.

Online Paully

• General Member
« Reply #23936 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 12:09:55 PM »

The boxing day and new years tests are set in stone as they are the cash cows for the MCC and SCC iirc, so will probably mean the last 3 tests get moved.

Yeah I thought that so they'll probably be Tests 2 and 3 I'd have thought or maybe 1 and 2!

Online Paully

• General Member
« Reply #23937 on: Thursday 26 November 2020, 07:24:55 AM »
First T20 is 4pm tomorrow!

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #23938 on: Thursday 26 November 2020, 07:32:55 AM »
Also Australia vs India 1st ODI & New Zealand vs West Indies 1st T20 tomorrow too.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #23939 on: Thursday 26 November 2020, 08:05:40 AM »
Also Australia vs India 1st ODI & New Zealand vs West Indies 1st T20 tomorrow too.

More highlights to watch each morning :fwap:

Looking forward to our T20 though, starts just as I'll be slamming the laptop shut, ideal. Surprised Moeen is still in the squad, he must be hanging on by a thread now, surely. I get that he's the second spinner, but he's quickly becoming another Ian Bell for me. Just as he's about to be dropped he does something in a meaningless game to keep him going another series. Did nowt against Aus and failed in the IPL. His time at the top level is over. Really hope he proves me wrong and given the weird nature of sport atm I wouldn't bet against it happening, I just think we surely have to have someone better than him waiting for that chance.
Cricket > Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #23940 on: Thursday 26 November 2020, 08:57:35 AM »

More highlights to watch each morning :fwap:

Looking forward to our T20 though, starts just as I'll be slamming the laptop shut, ideal. Surprised Moeen is still in the squad, he must be hanging on by a thread now, surely. I get that he's the second spinner, but he's quickly becoming another Ian Bell for me. Just as he's about to be dropped he does something in a meaningless game to keep him going another series. Did nowt against Aus and failed in the IPL. His time at the top level is over. Really hope he proves me wrong and given the weird nature of sport atm I wouldn't bet against it happening, I just think we surely have to have someone better than him waiting for that chance.

:thup:

He's definitely not getting in on his bowling nowadays.  Rashid is absolutely the #1 now.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #23941 on: Friday 27 November 2020, 09:03:18 AM »
Aus vs India game looks a cracker.

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #23942 on: Friday 27 November 2020, 09:20:03 AM »
Black Caps vs West Indies is just pure carnage  :lol:

First two overs took 45 minutes due to going off for rain twice in about 3 balls, West Indies went from 58-0 to 58-5 when Lockie Ferguson just said f*** it and started hurling 152kmh every ball... and they still finished on 170 odd off 16 overs.

NZ innings is just as whacky so far.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #23943 on: Friday 27 November 2020, 03:36:43 PM »
Jason Roy, Jos Buttler, Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Eoin Morgan (captain), Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Chris Jordan, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid.

Thats some batting lineup that :lol:

Online Paully

• General Member
« Reply #23944 on: Friday 27 November 2020, 03:46:36 PM »
What a team!

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #23945 on: Friday 27 November 2020, 04:38:20 PM »
Really glad to see Jordan in the side, think he's a great bowler and not the worst bat.
Cricket > Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #23946 on: Friday 27 November 2020, 05:36:24 PM »
Really glad to see Jordan in the side, think he's a great bowler and not the worst bat.

Just came on here to post the opposite lol - not convinced by him - always goes for a view and rarely offers anything with the bat

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #23947 on: Friday 27 November 2020, 05:39:32 PM »
Sam Curran is a decent cricketer.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #23948 on: Friday 27 November 2020, 05:41:56 PM »
Tom Curren, debatable.

Offline St. Maximin

« Reply #23949 on: Friday 27 November 2020, 06:40:49 PM »
Roy needs a break. He’s not amazing at T20 and we have enough powerful hitters at the top. I’d bring in Root team balance.

Interesting only 5 of our players were born in England, including Malan and Sam Curran who grew up abroad.