Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 658787 times)

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
Re: Cricket
« Reply #23875 on: Sunday 27 September 2020, 06:00:39 PM »
That's unbelievable

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #23876 on: Sunday 27 September 2020, 07:43:35 PM »
You can tell Jonty is their fielding coach. Unbelievable.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #23877 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 11:10:35 AM »

Great news :)

Stoneman next!
Cricket > Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #23878 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 11:28:39 AM »
What's the likelihood of Rocky coming back? He's been pretty much an ever present for Surrey hasn't he where as Borthwick was always a bit part player.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #23879 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 11:29:49 AM »
Both should never have left, thanks ECB

Online Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #23880 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 12:58:37 PM »
Anyone catch the BBC documentary about Flintoff and his bulimia last night?

Started when the papers went after him for being too fat when he first started playing for England and he's never got over it - really sad to watch :(

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #23881 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 01:58:21 PM »
Anyone catch the BBC documentary about Flintoff and his bulimia last night?

Started when the papers went after him for being too fat when he first started playing for England and he's never got over it - really sad to watch :(

I like Freddy as much as it’s possible for me to like an English cricketer, and I have to say my thought was “Geez, he was a very good player - imagine if he weren’t hamstrung by this needless* painful burden he was forced to carry”...

*i.e. no need for Fleet Street to create the burden for him
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #23882 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 06:24:45 PM »
I remember a headline when he had just broken into the team reading something like "Flintoff needs to stop losing his wicket and start losing some pounds" or some s*** like that.

Absolutely pathetic.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #23883 on: Wednesday 30 September 2020, 12:32:41 PM »
England Contracts for 20-21:

Test and white-ball contracts:  Jofra Archer (Sussex), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Ben Stokes (Durham), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire).

Test contracts:  James Anderson (Lancashire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Rory Burns (Surrey), Zak Crawley (Kent), Sam Curran (Surrey), Ollie Pope (Surrey), Dom Sibley (Warwickshire).

White-ball contracts:  Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Tom Curran (Surrey), Eoin Morgan (Middlesex), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), Mark Wood (Durham).

Incremental contracts:  Dom Bess (Yorkshire), Chris Jordan (Sussex), Jack Leach (Somerset), Dawid Malan (Yorkshire).

Pace bowling developmental contracts: Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire), Craig Overton (Somerset), Olly Stone (Warwickshire).

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #23884 on: Wednesday 30 September 2020, 12:41:39 PM »
Probably the end of Bairstow's test career.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #23885 on: Wednesday 30 September 2020, 01:23:16 PM »
How the f*** does Moeen get another contract?

In his last 10 games he's averaging 9 with the bat (ODI's and T20's) and has gone for 216 runs taking 1 wicket. There's surely got to be someone else we can stick in the side.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #23886 on: Thursday 1 October 2020, 02:33:26 PM »
https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/news/chris_rushworth_brydon_carse_seven_durham_contract_extensions.html

Chris Rushworth and Brydon Carse among seven Durham contract extensions.

Scott Steel and Nathan Rimmington are among four players who will leave Durham at the end of the season.

Interesting that Steel is going elsewhere, not a fan personally. He had a bit of a run-in at our place a few years ago, acting the big time charlie.

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #23887 on: Thursday 1 October 2020, 10:28:16 PM »
https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/news/chris_rushworth_brydon_carse_seven_durham_contract_extensions.html

Chris Rushworth and Brydon Carse among seven Durham contract extensions.

Scott Steel and Nathan Rimmington are among four players who will leave Durham at the end of the season.

Interesting that Steel is going elsewhere, not a fan personally. He had a bit of a run-in at our place a few years ago, acting the big time charlie.

Aye my mate at work has crossed his path and said the same thing.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #23888 on: Friday 2 October 2020, 08:14:43 AM »
Mitchell Claydon banned for 9 matches for using hand sanitiser on the ball during a match

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #23889 on: Sunday 4 October 2020, 10:57:28 PM »

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #23890 on: Thursday 8 October 2020, 05:07:05 PM »

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #23891 on: Thursday 15 October 2020, 09:27:47 PM »
England have been invited to take part in a short, limited-overs tour of Pakistan in early 2021.

England have not played in Pakistan since 2005 and their next trip is due in 2022.

Pakistan did not host Test cricket for 10 years following an attack by gunmen on the Sri Lanka team in 2009.

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said it will liaise with the Pakistan Cricket Board and "a final decision will be taken in due course".

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #23892 on: Thursday 15 October 2020, 09:50:17 PM »
Ferk off man - better be sorted by November

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/australia-travel-tourism-tourists-2021-borders-closed-coronavirus-b857365.html?amp

Haha, mate, we’ve apparently got the hardest lockdown in the world in Melbourne. We’ve been told domestic Christmas travel is the aim, so the chances of international tourists (that aren’t LNP donors) by November is zero.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #23893 on: Friday 16 October 2020, 12:28:45 AM »
Ferk off man - better be sorted by November

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/australia-travel-tourism-tourists-2021-borders-closed-coronavirus-b857365.html?amp

Haha, mate, we’ve apparently got the hardest lockdown in the world in Melbourne. We’ve been told domestic Christmas travel is the aim, so the chances of international tourists (that aren’t LNP donors) by November is zero.

Working for an airline that has a certain red rat as it's logo, I wouldn't even be holding your breath for domestic Christmas travel in and out of Melbourne based on the internal mutterings.

But in regards to the Ashes, they will still go ahead regardless.  The All Blacks are coming over for the Bledisloe Cup and they were going to run the Rugby Championship out of Sydney with the Springboks and Argentinian teams before the former pulled out because they couldn't get their players match fit in time. 

Pretty sure the Indian cricket team are still touring this summer as well.  Just don't expect the fans to follow.

"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #23894 on: Friday 16 October 2020, 01:17:51 PM »
Looks like County Cricket will be 3 Groups of 6 again for 20-21 (5 home and 5 away)

Top 2 in each group go into Division One - they then play 4 matches with the team finishing 1st getting the title

The top 2 from Divsion 1 also contest the Bob Willis trophy final at Lords

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #23895 on: Friday 16 October 2020, 01:26:06 PM »
I'm all for a shake up of the league format. Generally not fussed about the off the field stuff as long as we get a lot of 4 day cricket.

Also...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/54555397

Spoiler
[close]

Could be damaging for the T20 Blast, given the summer in NYC is the same time of year as it is here.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #23896 on: Friday 16 October 2020, 01:32:46 PM »
They need to use the US Cricket guy on twitter for commentary. :lol:

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #23897 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 07:19:15 PM »
A super over just got tied in the IPL, meaning there is another super over, however the previous bowlers and batsmen can't be involved. :lol:

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #23898 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 09:43:26 PM »
A super over just got tied in the IPL, meaning there is another super over, however the previous bowlers and batsmen can't be involved. :lol:

Mint.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #23899 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 10:00:29 PM »
They need a better name than second super over. I propose supa dupa over