Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 592151 times)

Offline leffe186

• General Member
Re: Cricket
« Reply #19875 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 03:21:13 PM »
I really like that each team gets to play each other, but I wish there were more days with two games. I just want more now - particularly with the time difference.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #19876 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 03:48:25 PM »
India fan here to give you both a big...

Although I don’t see us winning this one. Our openers in these conditions are weak as p*ss and there’s too much IPL-soaked complacency in the side. Only Kohli, Dhoni & Bumrah carry hopes, but let’s see.

Too bad about Pakistan, horrendous run they’re on right now. Watch them still step up their game against us :lol:

Really happy for Windies.

Haha

In Kohli you have an elite level player though and I think he's key and can win the tournament for you

There's no way we beat you, I honestly think we'll do well to win a single game

I've not followed your team's travails recently, what seems to be the cause behind the current form? New players in the side? Youth? Lack of experience?

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #19877 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 04:02:23 PM »
All the good players have been banned.

Offline Geordie Ahmed

• General Member
« Reply #19878 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 04:19:29 PM »

Although I don’t see us winning this one. Our openers in these conditions are weak as p*ss and there’s too much IPL-soaked complacency in the side. Only Kohli, Dhoni & Bumrah carry hopes, but let’s see.

Too bad about Pakistan, horrendous run they’re on right now. Watch them still step up their game against us :lol:

Haha

In Kohli you have an elite level player though and I think he's key and can win the tournament for you

I've not followed your team's travails recently, what seems to be the cause behind the current form? New players in the side? Youth? Lack of experience?

Too much focus on T20 stuff, lack the discipline for longer formats

A lot of teams have moved with the times and their strategy is effective for 50 over stuff, we don't.

Ultimately the players are not good enough as well, Babar Azam stands out as a batsman, the rest are unreliable

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #19879 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 04:42:58 PM »

Haha

Too much focus on T20 stuff, lack the discipline for longer formats

A lot of teams have moved with the times and their strategy is effective for 50 over stuff, we don't.

Ultimately the players are not good enough as well, Babar Azam stands out as a batsman, the rest are unreliable

Makes sense. Good luck for the tournament!

I see England winning it all, it's theirs to lose at this point. I just hope India gets to the Semis.

Offline Geordie Ahmed

• General Member
« Reply #19880 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 05:49:58 PM »
I think semi finalists will be England, India, Australia and New Zealand

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #19881 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 06:12:18 PM »
If India don't, I hope either of NZ, SA or Windies win it. But all three are inferior to England and even Australia.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #19882 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 08:14:33 PM »
What's wrong with Engerland like you f***ing forrin

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #19883 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 08:25:30 PM »
What's wrong with Engerland like you f***ing forrin

:lol: I said they’re favourites and it’s theirs to lose! I just have a soft spot for the other underdogs.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #19884 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 09:35:09 PM »
I like all those teams you mentioned tbh and if we don't do it I'd like to see either NZ or Windies win it. Probably Windies as I like the way they approach the game, and you just know they'd gan radge if they won it.

Offline gbandit

• General Member
« Reply #19885 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 09:36:07 PM »
I really like that each team gets to play each other, but I wish there were more days with two games. I just want more now - particularly with the time difference.
Was thinking the same thing. Looked at the schedule today and hadn’t realised most days have just one game. That’s not how it normally is for the World Cup is it? Tournaments like this thrive off momentum, it’s hard to keep it going if there’s only one match and it’s s*** like today’s

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #19886 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 10:47:37 PM »
Love cricket but long term .......................its f***ed
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline alijmitchell

• General Member
« Reply #19887 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 10:50:40 PM »
Like all elite sports tbf

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #19888 on: Saturday 1 June 2019, 10:19:07 AM »
Love cricket but long term .......................its f***ed

It's not like.

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #19889 on: Saturday 1 June 2019, 04:08:49 PM »
Impressive from New Zealand

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #19890 on: Saturday 1 June 2019, 05:53:50 PM »
NZ looking incredibly sharp. What a demolition of SL.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #19891 on: Sunday 2 June 2019, 06:29:47 PM »
Get in Bangladesh

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #19892 on: Sunday 2 June 2019, 06:34:39 PM »

Offline Geordie Ahmed

• General Member
« Reply #19893 on: Monday 3 June 2019, 01:28:30 AM »
Great win for Bangladesh

I'm worried about tomorrow, we will definitely lose BUT if England bat first I could see a score of 500

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #19894 on: Monday 3 June 2019, 11:02:06 AM »
Cracking start for Pakistan.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #19895 on: Monday 3 June 2019, 01:59:15 PM »
Jeez...
Consider winning

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #19896 on: Monday 3 June 2019, 02:04:05 PM »
Fancy England to chase that on this pitch.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #19897 on: Monday 3 June 2019, 02:04:58 PM »
Fancy England to chase that on this pitch.

Think they'll get 400 on it.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #19898 on: Monday 3 June 2019, 02:05:44 PM »
Great fight there from Pakistan, good to see a few chinks in the English armour.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #19899 on: Monday 3 June 2019, 02:11:22 PM »
Racist