Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 612282 times)

lankybellwipe

Re: Cricket
« Reply #100 on: Saturday 26 April 2008, 10:38:09 PM »
I think I've worked out for myself now the answer to the question "Can you be friends with Haswell?"

And it's a firm NO, not unless you're locked up in the same ward for long periods.

Does Mr. Haswell's occupation involve knocking on doors and forcing innocent home dwellers to hide behind the couch for an hour, or maybe distributing 'watchtower' around whole towns'   O0

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #101 on: Sunday 27 April 2008, 09:07:36 PM »
Winning draw for us yesterday, they blocked the s*** out of it.

Offline Jamie

• Not James
  • General Member
« Reply #102 on: Sunday 27 April 2008, 09:52:16 PM »
Cricket is the best  :thup:

and if it wasn't for Newcastle, i'd like Cricket better than Football
“Home advantage gives you an advantage.“

Offline Mowen

• General Member
  • Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday 17 June 2008, 12:35:22 AM »
Having been to Canterbury today and watched Azhar Mahmood spank the final possible ball of the game for four to confirm a win for the might Spitfires, I can confirm that cricket is indeed "the shizzle". Absolutely superb game today.
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday 17 June 2008, 12:58:46 AM »
Having been to Canterbury today and watched Azhar Mahmood spank the final possible ball of the game for four to confirm a win for the might Spitfires, I can confirm that cricket is indeed "the shizzle". Absolutely superb game today.
:dontknow:
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Mowen

• General Member
  • Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday 17 June 2008, 12:59:01 PM »

That was to try and eek out pedants. I knew if I'd said he hit the winning runs off the last ball someone would have said "the winning runs always come off the last ball, they don't keep playing once they've got the runs you know". I hope that incoherant ramble makes everything clear for you.
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

gbolem

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday 18 June 2008, 04:48:09 PM »

That was to try and eek out pedants. I knew if I'd said he hit the winning runs off the last ball someone would have said "the winning runs always come off the last ball, they don't keep playing once they've got the runs you know". I hope that incoherant ramble makes everything clear for you.

Only a tosser who doesn't really understand the game would have tried to correct you there like.

My mate played against some lad who used to be in the Sri Lanka squad a couple of weeks back. He took an 8fer and got 196 not out :lol:

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday 18 June 2008, 04:52:35 PM »
I detest what this thread has become.

f*** Cricket!!!

Offline womblemaster

• General Member
  • where have all the muppets gone?!
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday 18 June 2008, 05:00:13 PM »
just because u dont like cricket is  no reason tolook downonthose who have sensible opinions.

Its a class sport,  but test match cricket is only for the hardcore fans, 20-20  is the wayto go for the beginner.

Jawesome

« Reply #109 on: Wednesday 18 June 2008, 05:48:55 PM »

Only a tosser who doesn't really understand the game would have tried to correct you there like.

My mate played against some lad who used to be in the Sri Lanka squad a couple of weeks back. He took an 8fer and got 196 not out :lol:

Canny :lol:

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday 18 June 2008, 08:20:27 PM »
Thats s*** he could at least of got 200 and taken all 10.

Offline Syrette

• TAFKA Role Model
  • General Member
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday 18 June 2008, 08:23:54 PM »
I want to get into it and I don't dislike every element of the sport but I just find something about cricket really irritating.

Jawesome

« Reply #112 on: Wednesday 18 June 2008, 08:27:33 PM »
I want to get into it and I don't dislike every element of the sport but I just find something about cricket really irritating.

Yeah we call that 'Fielding'.

:lol:

Offline Syrette

• TAFKA Role Model
  • General Member
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday 18 June 2008, 08:34:58 PM »
I think it's that guy who works for Sky, David Lloyd, I hate his accent. And Ryan Sidebottom or whatever his stupid name is, can't stand his hair.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 18 June 2008, 09:06:45 PM by Role Model »

Jawesome

« Reply #114 on: Wednesday 18 June 2008, 08:45:09 PM »
It's only hair.  Get over it.  And Bumble is a total legend.

Offline Syrette

• TAFKA Role Model
  • General Member
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday 18 June 2008, 08:46:56 PM »
It's only hair.  Get over it.

Yeah, I really dislike a sport because of one player's hair. Jesus wept.

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday 18 June 2008, 08:51:56 PM »
Bumble is class, cricket commentators are the best.

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday 18 June 2008, 11:50:56 PM »
Cricket is crap when it's been f***ing fine all day then rains from 5.15 to 8.00 causing a game of T20 to be called off!!!!

Apart from that I love it, more and more every year!! Think it's my age ;)

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #118 on: Thursday 19 June 2008, 03:58:51 AM »
Cricket is crap when it's been f***ing fine all day then rains from 5.15 to 8.00 causing a game of T20 to be called off!!!!

That's just the umpires, mon. f*** the pudgy middlemen:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/engvnz/content/current/story/355274.html

Offline fuhg

• General Member
« Reply #119 on: Thursday 19 June 2008, 10:50:32 AM »

Hardly the umpires fault; it's the ICC who are to blame.
No more Waterloo, no more rural country halts, no more solitude: no more becoming, just interminable being.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #120 on: Thursday 19 June 2008, 11:09:56 AM »
20/20 at Durham for me tomorrow.  :coolsmiley:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Belfast Boy

• General Member
« Reply #121 on: Thursday 19 June 2008, 11:18:01 AM »
So what happened yesterday? Was it called off during the last over? Who was going to win?

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #122 on: Thursday 19 June 2008, 11:24:29 AM »
New Zealand nailed on.

Offline fuhg

• General Member
« Reply #123 on: Thursday 19 June 2008, 11:30:14 AM »
So what happened yesterday? Was it called off during the last over? Who was going to win?

Called off before the start of the 20th over, meaning no result was possible. Cue Ian Botham getting on his high horse whilst Ian Smith looked longingly at David Gower's tie, probably wondering whether it was edible.
No more Waterloo, no more rural country halts, no more solitude: no more becoming, just interminable being.

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #124 on: Thursday 19 June 2008, 11:33:49 AM »

I was on about Durham's game with Notts getting canned!!! ;)