Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 188647 times)

Mole_Toonfan and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
Re: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« Reply #4650 on: Tuesday 16 July 2019, 09:30:07 pm »
Bluf watching this year's Lion King all fuming cos Seth Rogen hasn't learned fluent warthog ahead of the role.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #4651 on: Tuesday 16 July 2019, 09:46:06 pm »
Yeah. :thup:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #4652 on: Tuesday 16 July 2019, 09:50:34 pm »
Bluf watching this year's Lion King all fuming cos Seth Rogen hasn't learned fluent warthog ahead of the role.

:lol:

Tbf my lass gave up after 1ep at the English speaking. I’m staying up on to the 2nd now. Great stuff so far. So many brave f***ers.

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #4653 on: Tuesday 16 July 2019, 09:54:35 pm »
Went back and watched both series of Phoenix Nights at the weekend. Such a good show.

Always forget that Ray Von is Jeff from Peep Show with a mullet.

Phoenix Nights was brilliant, Ray Von was in The Office as well. The directors commentary on PN is great too, just them taking the p*ss, pretty much.

That Peter Kay Thing is the 2nd best thing Kay has done, well worth a watch. Max and Paddy suffered from not having Neil Fitzmaurice or Dave Spikey involved.
Consider winning

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4654 on: Tuesday 16 July 2019, 11:28:29 pm »
@BlufPurdi you talking Mel Gibson Patriot, Steven Seagal Patriot, or that Prime show Patriot?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #4655 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 12:42:39 am »
Prime show.  I didn't mind the idea to begin with, I watched 24 for fucksake, but felt a farce, forced as f*** and couldn't finish the first episode. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Weezertron

• General Member
  • I always wanted to be a Tenenbaum. NE12.
« Reply #4656 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 06:06:29 am »
Oh, and, Chernobyl.  Which, whilst I enjoyed, couldn't get that into it with the english accents.  Lack of russian really jarred with me, and really not much excuse for it.

Don't get this. Would you rather they have got an entirely Ukrainian cast? Or the same actors, speaking English but putting on pretend Russian accents? Because the latter would have been equally as false as what they went with.

Theres a really good set of podcasts by NPR with the writer/director (one podcast for every episode of the tv show) where he covers all sorts, including why they went with english accents. I can't really remember the reason... but it was a good one.

Loads of extra tidbits too, especially a heartbreaking scene that they decided to cut out about the dog shooting. Recommended.

first one -

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #4657 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 09:37:49 am »
Oh, and, Chernobyl.  Which, whilst I enjoyed, couldn't get that into it with the english accents.  Lack of russian really jarred with me, and really not much excuse for it.

Don't get this. Would you rather they have got an entirely Ukrainian cast? Or the same actors, speaking English but putting on pretend Russian accents? Because the latter would have been equally as false as what they went with.

Theres a really good set of podcasts by NPR with the writer/director (one podcast for every episode of the tv show) where he covers all sorts, including why they went with english accents. I can't really remember the reason... but it was a good one.

Loads of extra tidbits too, especially a heartbreaking scene that they decided to cut out about the dog shooting. Recommended.

first one -

He said it very quickly starts sounding comical when the actors are having to put on accents.

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #4658 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 09:50:17 am »
Went back and watched both series of Phoenix Nights at the weekend. Such a good show.

Always forget that Ray Von is Jeff from Peep Show with a mullet.

Highly underrated in the discussion about best sitcoms, absolute genius.

Kenny Senior is f***ing incredible. You could probably write all of his lines across both series on the back of a fag packet but every word of it is solid gold. The wink when he's in court kills me every time.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4659 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 03:43:39 pm »

first one -

He said it very quickly starts sounding comical when the actors are having to put on accents.

Aye it would be like 'The Death of Stalin'.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4660 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 10:24:17 pm »
dark is superb
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4661 on: Thursday 18 July 2019, 09:08:27 pm »
dark is superb

excellent series but

Spoiler
[close]
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Double first choice
« Reply #4662 on: Yesterday at 01:16:14 pm »
On to S2 of Harlots. Victorian titty dresses could stand to come back.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #4663 on: Yesterday at 01:17:05 pm »
New series of Queer Eye, get in.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4664 on: Yesterday at 04:15:28 pm »

Oh aye. Very fetching. They had to be because women at the time were f***ing minging. The human race would have depopulated itself, but for the corset.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4665 on: Yesterday at 04:39:22 pm »
New series of Queer Eye, get in.

:thup: love this show. The guys are ace.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #4666 on: Yesterday at 04:58:47 pm »
Loads of my friends absolutely love it but f*** me that long haired one gets right on my tits.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #4667 on: Yesterday at 06:57:18 pm »
Loads of my friends absolutely love it but f*** me that long haired one gets right on my tits.

:lol:

He's mint man. Wait until he's goes back to his old school, or tries figure skating. You'll love that s***.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4668 on: Yesterday at 07:58:00 pm »
:lol: yeah I love him tbh. He’s living his best life.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #4669 on: Today at 12:02:12 am »

We might have to work on the branding :lol:
Bearings Straight!

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Double first choice
« Reply #4670 on: Today at 11:10:59 am »

We might have to work on the branding :lol:

:lol: I'm sure they have a classier name but the point remains.