Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition  (Read 869546 times)

tgarve and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition
« Reply #22075 on: Yesterday at 02:57:22 PM »
What's the craic with Longford County in Ireland?

Absolutely no craic whatsoever. It’s a kip, don’t think I could tell you one good thing about it. I’m trying to think of an American equivalent but I’m struggling :lol:

Idaho.

Stunningly beautiful place though. Shame it’s filled with lunatics.

Potatoes and lunatics.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #22076 on: Yesterday at 03:01:04 PM »
What's the craic with Longford County in Ireland?

Absolutely no craic whatsoever. It’s a kip, don’t think I could tell you one good thing about it. I’m trying to think of an American equivalent but I’m struggling :lol:

Idaho.

Stunningly beautiful place though. Shame it’s filled with lunatics.

Potatoes and lunatics.

I'm not seeing the comparison with Ireland.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #22077 on: Yesterday at 04:35:38 PM »
Fun day.  Recruiter can't phone me because they don't have the capability to call non-UK numbers.  Phone needs unlocking before I can put a UK sim in there.  Can't pay the remaining balance and unlock it because my network can't accept payments from non-US cards.

Use Skype.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • I'm just here to dunk on my country
« Reply #22078 on: Yesterday at 04:41:58 PM »
get a burner phone like an adult

I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere with no car and not getting on a bus with these infected troglodytes.
Make them get a burner phone then :lol: the bit about not being able to call non-UK numbers didn't really hit me first time around but why exactly can't they? Is this common over there or something to do with Brexit? Country/code limited phones seem insane to me in 2020.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #22079 on: Yesterday at 04:46:29 PM »
f*** knows.  Not bothering with them if they're this s****.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #22080 on: Yesterday at 04:48:20 PM »
get a burner phone like an adult

I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere with no car and not getting on a bus with these infected troglodytes.
Make them get a burner phone then :lol: the bit about not being able to call non-UK numbers didn't really hit me first time around but why exactly can't they? Is this common over there or something to do with Brexit? Country/code limited phones seem insane to me in 2020.

It shouldn't be an issue with cost if they are using a VOIP system which any sane business should be since 2012.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #22081 on: Yesterday at 04:48:59 PM »
Fun day.  Recruiter can't phone me because they don't have the capability to call non-UK numbers.  Phone needs unlocking before I can put a UK sim in there.  Can't pay the remaining balance and unlock it because my network can't accept payments from non-US cards.

Use Skype.

This is a good option if you need a UK number quickly.