Author Topic: OASIS/BEADY EYE/NOEL GALLAGHER FANS!!1....  (Read 166504 times)

Offline tgarve

• General Member
Re: OASIS/BEADY EYE/NOEL GALLAGHER FANS!!1....
« Reply #2750 on: Friday 11 December 2020, 11:39:10 PM »
Will they ever get back together - getting a bit old now!
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #2751 on: Saturday 12 December 2020, 02:17:40 AM »
Will they ever get back together - getting a bit old now!

They will.

The "beef" is just for show, they only ever start hurling insults at each other when one of them has an album coming.  Pretty sure I read from either the mother or the other brother they've been fine with each other behind the scenes for years now.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
« Reply #2752 on: Monday 14 December 2020, 07:05:42 AM »
Pretty sure it's not like. They don't hate each other aye, and don't claim to - though got a bit nasty when daughters and wives came into it. If it was all about money they'd make more off getting Oasis back together years ago than pretending to not get on.

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #2753 on: Monday 14 December 2020, 07:27:06 AM »
It's definitely not fake. :lol: I think the ship has sailed personally, however I'll be first in line for tickets if they do get back together.

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #2754 on: Monday 14 December 2020, 02:18:04 PM »
Exactly , it’s definitely not for show otherwise they will like be making a killing now touring ?
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Online alexf

• General Member
« Reply #2755 on: Tuesday 15 December 2020, 11:24:55 AM »
well...not quite now :)

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
« Reply #2756 on: Wednesday 6 January 2021, 05:31:00 PM »
Belatedly posting this in case anyone missed it.

Think some parts are mediocre, and some good. Been smashing it anyway, definitely a pre-WBTM older Noel sound.

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
« Reply #2757 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 06:34:08 PM »
This is especially class. Noel pure jamming away, Liam at peak voice.

Offline bobbydazzla

• General Member
« Reply #2758 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 06:44:08 PM »
I watched the Wembley 2000 2nd night at the weekend. First time I'd seen it for years.

It's equal parts hilarious and excruciating.

Can still remember watching it go out live on Sky, was one of them "this can't be really happening" moments. I assumed Noel would immediately leave the band again and that would be the end of Oasis.

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
« Reply #2759 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 11:45:37 PM »
I watched the Wembley 2000 2nd night at the weekend. First time I'd seen it for years.

Can still remember watching it go out live on Sky, was one of them "this can't be really happening" moments. I assumed Noel would immediately leave the band again and that would be the end of Oasis.

Just watched some clips from it after your post. I hadn't seen it since watching it live as a kid. I didn't remember how bad it was :lol: It's non-stop :lol: There's a compilation of him just chatting s*** and it's in multiple parts.

Watching the rest of that Chicago gig I posted. It's so good. DYKWIM especially too. Love Liam at the end of the first verse just knowing he's on top. It's no wonder like he's half worn out his voice watching him sing around then.

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #2760 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 08:56:55 AM »

Just watched some clips from it after your post. I hadn't seen it since watching it live as a kid. I didn't remember how bad it was :lol: It's non-stop :lol: There's a compilation of him just chatting s*** and it's in multiple parts.

Watching the rest of that Chicago gig I posted. It's so good. DYKWIM especially too. Love Liam at the end of the first verse just knowing he's on top. It's no wonder like he's half worn out his voice watching him sing around then.

Aw man, that opening with 'Be Here Now' gets the hairs on the back of the neck standing.

Takes me back to the Arena in '97, the whole front of the crowd just bouncing along to the drum beat.
Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
« Reply #2761 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 05:49:08 PM »
I was too young for the BHN tour (plus I was the Barca match one of the nights in Newcastle) and never really appreciated the song BHN that much. But after I saw Liam do it solo live I love it now.

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #2762 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 11:31:17 AM »
I was too young for the BHN tour (plus I was the Barca match one of the nights in Newcastle) and never really appreciated the song BHN that much. But after I saw Liam do it solo live I love it now.

I was there the night of the Barca match, and Liam of course, wearing the Toon shirt.

Remember Noel kept saying the score 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 and by then people thought he was just making it up/playing the crowd (not many mobiles around then to check).

Then of course I got home and watched the match that I'd recorded  :kasper:

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
« Reply #2763 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 01:18:54 AM »

I was there the night of the Barca match, and Liam of course, wearing the Toon shirt.

Remember Noel kept saying the score 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 and by then people thought he was just making it up/playing the crowd (not many mobiles around then to check).

Class, what a night in Newcastle.

Did you or anyone see Liam and Noel do an Irish jig thing, one of the nights in July 2005?

There's virtually no record of it online and seems noone got it on video, but I'm sure people would love it if it was caught on camera. During Songbird Noel's acoustic guitar broke and he was just standing there not knowing what to do. So him and Liam linked arms with their elbows out and did one of those little dances - pretty out of character and funny. I was right on the barrier in front of Noel that night.

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #2764 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 04:35:05 AM »

Worth it because it forced them to release the other night as Familiar to Millions - a cracking live album/DVD.

Shame they didn't butcher one of the Knebworth nights so we could finally have an official release of that.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
« Reply #2765 on: Saturday 23 January 2021, 02:15:24 AM »
Listened to all of Why Me? Why Not for first time in a while today.

It's obviously not up there as a classic, but really think it holds up - I can happily listen to it right through, unlike Heathen Chemistry - which has some higher highs, but I have to skip the s*** tracks.

Offline bobbydazzla

• General Member
« Reply #2766 on: Saturday 23 January 2021, 08:32:25 AM »

Class, what a night in Newcastle.

Did you or anyone see Liam and Noel do an Irish jig thing, one of the nights in July 2005?

There's virtually no record of it online and seems noone got it on video, but I'm sure people would love it if it was caught on camera. During Songbird Noel's acoustic guitar broke and he was just standing there not knowing what to do. So him and Liam linked arms with their elbows out and did one of those little dances - pretty out of character and funny. I was right on the barrier in front of Noel that night.

I was at the Arena in 2005, can’t remember which night I went but the Irish jig doesn’t ring any bells.

By far the best Oasis gig I went to was Barrowlands 2001, the night that Sky broadcast. Saturday night, small venue, crowd were going crackers, band were on top form. It was amazing.

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #2767 on: Sunday 24 January 2021, 04:43:35 PM »
Noel is to re-record a load of lost Oasis tracks... but no Liam...

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds/release-album-of-lost-oasis-tracks/

Noel Gallagher to record album of lost Oasis tracks without Liam
22 January 2021

The former Oasis rocker has revealed his plans to revisit never before heard tracks after finding a collection of songs by the Manchester band.

Noel Gallagher has confirmed his plans to record a new album of lost Oasis tracks.

The band's former guitarist and chief songwriter has been going using the pandemic to sift through old material and revealed he's set to dust off and re-record 14 tracks that never made it onto any of their albums.

“I’ve listed the proper songs and there were 14,” he told the Matt Morgan podcast. "They just fell by the wayside of various projects from down the years. I’m going to record them. Some are quite old-school."

The Ballad of the Mighty I singer added: "I was looking at the tracklisting and thinking: ‘Actually, f***ing hell, no I’d approach that song differently’. It’s been very interesting."

Offline bobbydazzla

• General Member
« Reply #2768 on: Sunday 24 January 2021, 05:18:46 PM »
If they weren’t good enough to make it onto any of the albums from 1996 onwards then they must be canny s****

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #2769 on: Sunday 24 January 2021, 05:24:51 PM »
If they weren’t good enough to make it onto any of the albums from 1996 onwards then they must be canny s****

Mmm, maybe. A lot of ealry Oasis B-Sides were as good (or better) than some album tracks. So if these didn't even make it to B-sides?

However, I'm sure 'Lock All the Doors' was an old Oasis track, and I'm sure theres a demo out there with Liam's vocals on it, and thats a pretty decent track.

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #2770 on: Monday 25 January 2021, 09:26:02 AM »
Their album of B-sides is one of their best. :lol:

Offline bobbydazzla

• General Member
« Reply #2771 on: Monday 25 January 2021, 10:35:54 AM »

Up until 96 they had some magnificent B sides. I would argue they could have made a couple of great albums from them.

But albums from 96 onwards always had a few tunes that were s**** filler and I can't recall a decent B side from 97 onwards.

If Noel was sitting on a pile of amazing songs then surely he would have banged them out back then, instead of subjecting us to some of the turds that actually got recorded and lobbed onto albums.
« Last Edit: Monday 25 January 2021, 11:05:57 AM by bobbydazzla »

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #2772 on: Monday 25 January 2021, 12:36:43 PM »

Up until 96 they had some magnificent B sides. I would argue they could have made a couple of great albums from them.

But albums from 96 onwards always had a few tunes that were s**** filler and I can't recall a decent B side from 97 onwards.

If Noel was sitting on a pile of amazing songs then surely he would have banged them out back then, instead of subjecting us to some of the turds that actually got recorded and lobbed onto albums.

There were a few but not in the same volume as previous. Stay Young, (As long as they've got ) Cigarettes in Hell, Carry us All, Idler's Dream and Pass me down the Wine are all pretty good. Nothing to match Round are Way, The Masterplan , Cloudburst etc, I agree.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #2773 on: Monday 25 January 2021, 01:08:42 PM »

There were a few but not in the same volume as previous. Stay Young, (As long as they've got ) Cigarettes in Hell, Carry us All, Idler's Dream and Pass me down the Wine are all pretty good. Nothing to match Round are Way, The Masterplan , Cloudburst etc, I agree.

Rockin' Chair is my favourite Oasis song and that was a B Side to Roll with It
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don't. "
sackpardew.com

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #2774 on: Monday 25 January 2021, 01:11:51 PM »

Rockin' Chair is my favourite Oasis song and that was a B Side to Roll with It

Have you got The Masterplan album, Rob?  All B-sides including Rockin' Chair and all belters
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.