Author Topic: Hip hop fans  (Read 45940 times)

Online Kaizero

• General Member
Re: Hip hop fans
« Reply #950 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 07:41:42 pm »
My fav Nipsey story is when he charged $100 for his mixtape and Jay-Z bought 100.
That's what I do, I drink and I know things.

« Reply #951 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 02:07:09 pm »
Can anyone tell me what this 4 bar piano riff is off? (starts about 2:45) Got a feeling I've heard it from Reasonable Doubt but fatty has everything exclusively on Tidal and I'm not sifting through youtube vids for it. Jay (if it was him) probably sampled it too but it's really doing my head in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfK549sa8VE#t=2m45s
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #952 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 02:49:48 pm »
Can't place it.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #953 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 03:05:13 pm »
hm hm him
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #954 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 03:30:43 pm »
J Dilla - Life?

« Reply #955 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 03:45:44 pm »

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #956 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 04:27:29 pm »
Can anyone tell me what this 4 bar piano riff is off? (starts about 2:45) Got a feeling I've heard it from Reasonable Doubt but fatty has everything exclusively on Tidal and I'm not sifting through youtube vids for it. Jay (if it was him) probably sampled it too but it's really doing my head in.

Some of the piano is

by way of

but I don't think that particular section you're talking about is.

« Reply #957 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 05:04:18 pm »

Some of the piano is

by way of

but I don't think that particular section you're talking about is.

Yeah, found Miilkbone, obviously Life's a Bitch and the opening piano piece for the first 2.45 , but it's the pinao piece through the second half of the song which is KILLING me.

First piano piece -
()

« Reply #958 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 04:14:26 pm »

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #959 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 01:34:46 am »
Anyone with show time needs to watch the Wu docu series. 4 parts. It’s called of Mics and Men.

It’s pretty good, @Ian W probably only guy here who knows my lifelong love of the Wu. Been listening to them since 1994. Ton of nostalgia in this series. Anyway, word is bond.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #960 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 10:21:11 am »
There's a Wu thing on Netflix too, haven't got around to it.

Seeing Nas in a few weeks time.

Offline r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #961 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 06:16:13 am »
There's a Wu thing on Netflix too, haven't got around to it.

Seeing Nas in a few weeks time.

Seeing Nas perform should be great Ian, have a great time.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline nemtizz

• General Member
« Reply #962 on: Thursday 6 June 2019, 12:16:25 am »

flames

Offline Gallowgate Toon

• General Member
« Reply #963 on: Thursday 6 June 2019, 09:11:52 pm »
Denzel Curry  :snod:

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #964 on: Thursday 6 June 2019, 10:08:34 pm »
Nas was unbelievable BTW, still so good. Always wary of seeing the legends in case they don’t live up to the expectations, but he was top.

Offline bhoywhonder

• General Member
« Reply #965 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 05:01:44 pm »
Nas was unbelievable BTW, still so good. Always wary of seeing the legends in case they don’t live up to the expectations, but he was top.

Same, and in my experience its about 50/50 what you get. Saw PE in about 2011 and Chuck and Flav were as energetic and the rhyming as fluid as ever. Ice T and for the most part members of Wu are the same, always great value. Nas doesn't seem the type to phone it in so glad to hear this is true.

On the flipside, saw De La Soul in around 2015 and they simply could not be arsed...moping around stage complaining about the sound system, refusing to do any of the classics and sloping of after about 40 minutes. Das EFX were the same, but then they were always s**** live.

hm hm him

I really hope that was a Married with Children reference!
Newcastle é conhecido por ser o paraíso das skanks no UK

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #966 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 05:35:39 pm »
Saw Nas a few times and felt he was okay. Got out of breath a few times and couldn't finish his verses. Half way through his set with Damian Marley, he was like "Okay, I'm gonna go smoke some weed" and he came back like 35 minutes later. Great show, though. They had fire dancers.

Favorite performers I've seen were Method Man and Redman. So much energy. Buckshot from Black Moon has tons of eye contact. He seems like someone who really cares.

Worse were The Roots and Common. Slick Rick as well.

Went to Rock the Bells in 2008 and Nas was the headliner and he brought out Jay-Z  and they performed Black Republicans. But the best part of the night was when Nas brough out EPMD. They performed two songs and nailed every line and had all the energy they have on their tracks. It's a night I'll never forget.

Seeing Blu and Exile tonight. When to a Blu show in 2011 and the b****** didn't show up. Better show up tonight.
« Last Edit: Friday 7 June 2019, 05:48:12 pm by Astroblack »

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #967 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 07:27:07 pm »
I saw The Roots in Paris, they just got lost in a wanky improv session. Had a f***ing tuba player, the bell fell off because he danced around too much.

Best live... Watch the Throne tour, Pharoahe Monch, Talib Kweli, Jurassic 5, Ozomatli and Chali 2na, Black Star at Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival.

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #968 on: Saturday 8 June 2019, 03:22:03 am »
I saw The Roots in Paris, they just got lost in a wanky improv session. Had a f***ing tuba player, the bell fell off because he danced around too much.

Best live... Watch the Throne tour, Pharoahe Monch, Talib Kweli, Jurassic 5, Ozomatli and Chali 2na, Black Star at Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival.

Same thing happened to me. They had a jam session and didn’t perform any tracks. Everyone was confused and no one stood for their performance. Felt cheated.

Just saw Blu. Wow what a show. Terrific. He spat every bar, super energy. Exile was on the MPC and he brought out the whole Dirty Science Crew. Super fanof Exile. Very underrated producer. Def recommend. Now time to blast his music all over again.

Offline nemtizz

• General Member
« Reply #969 on: Monday 10 June 2019, 12:17:03 am »
Jim Jones - El Capo is crazy.

Offline Leek

• General Member
« Reply #970 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 02:50:57 pm »
Really enjoying Slowthai, Denzel Curry, Skepta and Tylers albums that are out. Some good music getting released recently.

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #971 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 05:46:11 pm »
Freddie Gibbs and Madlib are releasing an album within the next couple weeks. Really liked the Crime Pays single. Mnd Sgn dropped a dope instrumental album. Word up on the Tyler album. Great stuff. Really like Puppet.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #972 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 10:25:33 am »
Tupac's birthday was yesterday, 23 years since he died man  :o Flew over, always wonder how the shape of the hip hop and the political arena could be now if he had lived. Always believed he would make a difference, 25 is no age yet he achieved more musically and socially then most ever could.

Offline bhoywhonder

• General Member
« Reply #973 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 11:29:14 am »
Just noticed on Twitter some RIP tweets, looks like Bushwick Bill died last week (cancer). Now he was a mad b******...
Newcastle é conhecido por ser o paraíso das skanks no UK

Offline nemtizz

• General Member
« Reply #974 on: Thursday 20 June 2019, 12:25:32 am »
FWIW, Mass Appeals’ doc on Wu-Tang is so, so good. Watch it.
« Last Edit: Monday 1 July 2019, 01:37:43 am by nemtizz »