Author Topic: Hip hop fans  (Read 43371 times)

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
Re: Hip hop fans
« Reply #25 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:40:05 pm »
I'm feeling something Chronic.  :cheesy:

Keep your masterbaiting to yourself, Top Gun. :lol:

Sounds like you're coming onto me Bonky babes.  :parky:

Just want to serve my country, be the best pilot in the Navy, sir.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #26 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:40:30 pm »
 mackems.gif
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #27 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:41:03 pm »
I'm beginning to lose track of modern music, being over 30! Are we talking Fishscale as in the Michael Fishscale, used in weather predictions to determine the chance of hurricanes NOT hitting Britain?

My favourite wrapper as a pre-pubescent was anyone out that band that sang "Pass the Duchy" (on the left hand side)   O0

What is a duchy? 

Band was called Musical Youth. 

I daint kna!  Duchy, Dutchy - Starsky and Hutchy!!!

It's a spliff innit?   O0

A spliff is sometimes refered to as a dutch but very rarely (missy elliot brought it back).

Just as tap dancing for lads was reintroduced by Billy Elliot   O0
Dutchies are not spliffs. a dutchie is a blunt, rolled with a Dutch Masters Brand. Come on, simple stuff here.

At least some of us Douglas' are up with the times.  I applaud you, sir. 

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #28 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:41:49 pm »
I'm beginning to lose track of modern music, being over 30! Are we talking Fishscale as in the Michael Fishscale, used in weather predictions to determine the chance of hurricanes NOT hitting Britain?

My favourite wrapper as a pre-pubescent was anyone out that band that sang "Pass the Duchy" (on the left hand side)   O0

What is a duchy? 

It's a spliff innit?   O0

A spliff is sometimes refered to as a dutch but very rarely (missy elliot brought it back).

Just as tap dancing for lads was reintroduced by Billy Elliot   O0
Dutchies are not spliffs. a dutchie is a blunt, rolled with a Dutch Masters Brand. Come on, simple stuff here.

I see you were paying attention in that drug awareness class.

lankybellwipe

« Reply #29 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:46:04 pm »

My favourite wrapper as a pre-pubescent was anyone out that band that sang "Pass the Duchy" (on the left hand side)   O0

What is a duchy? 

whats a douglas then?  Apart from the capital, Michael, or Kirk, or a man without a spade in his heed!

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #30 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:55:05 pm »

What is a duchy? 

whats a douglas then?  Apart from the capital, Michael, or Kirk, or a man without a spade in his heed!

'Tis I, sir Bellwipe! 

Offline Syrette

• TAFKA Role Model
  • General Member
  • Forward thinking
« Reply #31 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 09:22:08 pm »
I'm feeling something Chronic.  :cheesy:

Get off me.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 13 November 2007, 03:52:39 am »
This is the album KingDawson should have posted:

Next to the Blueprint, this is his best album.  Fuckin' immense. 

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 13 November 2007, 10:19:39 am »
Deltron 3030

Download/buy now
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 13 November 2007, 10:25:49 am »

My favourite wrapper as a pre-pubescent was anyone out that band that sang "Pass the Duchy" (on the left hand side)   O0

Not sure Luxembourg is going to be happy about being passed around tbh.

Offline Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• General Member
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 13 November 2007, 11:10:44 am »
Jay-Z has such a mong face.

Offline Syrette

• TAFKA Role Model
  • General Member
  • Forward thinking
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 13 November 2007, 11:17:51 am »
I've just never been able to get into Jay-Z. It's just his flow, his vocal delivery... it doesn't do anything for me. No denying he is talented though.

Offline fuhg

• General Member
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 13 November 2007, 11:20:56 am »

It's ok, but no Reasonable Doubt.
No more Waterloo, no more rural country halts, no more solitude: no more becoming, just interminable being.

Offline olliemort

• General Member
« Reply #38 on: Friday 16 November 2007, 10:13:50 pm »

Ya is it good?What do ye make of Kingdom come?Half listened to it,not great so far!

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #39 on: Friday 16 November 2007, 10:53:34 pm »

Ya is it good?What do ye make of Kingdom come?Half listened to it,not great so far!

Well, Kingdom come wasn't his best and was kinda half ass'd.  If you liked the Black Album, you'll like this, Ollie. 

The Lil' Weezy and Nas tracks are superb. 

Why do I get the feeling if I had of said Reasonable Doubt, you would have said The Blueprint?

Offline Elric

• General Member
« Reply #40 on: Friday 16 November 2007, 11:00:40 pm »
Reasonable Doubt is his best, mind.
Soon this will feel like a distant dream. Until then, may you rest in a deep and dreamless slumber

Offline olliemort

• General Member
« Reply #41 on: Friday 16 November 2007, 11:38:53 pm »

Well, Kingdom come wasn't his best and was kinda half ass'd.  If you liked the Black Album, you'll like this, Ollie. 

The Lil' Weezy and Nas tracks are superb. 

Why do I get the feeling if I had of said Reasonable Doubt, you would have said The Blueprint?
Ya enjoyed the black album,not his best still good

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Friday 16 November 2007, 11:41:55 pm »
Reasonable Doubt > The Blueprint > Blueprint 2.

All the rest of his stuff is pretty subpar compared to the first two masterpieces mentioned above. In fact, BP2 shouldn't even be included in the same breath as the former two albums. Two of all the greatest rap albums ever made.

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 17 November 2007, 12:11:51 am »
You're a bunch of sad mo'fo's!Generally that is,not you lot on here.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

kingdawson

« Reply #44 on: Saturday 17 November 2007, 12:29:43 am »

All the rest of his stuff is pretty subpar compared to the first two masterpieces mentioned above. In fact, BP2 shouldn't even be included in the same breath as the former two albums. Two of all the greatest rap albums ever made.

Blueprint 2 was a very good album tbh. Like Melanchronic ive never really been a fan of jay.

My Top 3 emcees dead or alive

1) Nas

2) Big Pun

3) Biggie

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 17 November 2007, 12:32:21 am »

Blueprint 2 was a very good album tbh. Like Melanchronic ive never really been a fan of jay.

1) Nas

2) Big Pun

3) Biggie

Amen to Nas, ma n*gga. Absolutely sublime in his prime. His 'battle' with Jay Hove was laughable as Jay Z, try as he might, could never, ever match Nas in intellectual rhyming.

My favourite rappers right now?

Mos Def
Talib Kweli

Offline olliemort

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 17 November 2007, 12:41:43 am »

1) Nas

2) Big Pun

3) Biggie

Amen to Nas, ma n*gga. Absolutely sublime in his prime. His 'battle' with Jay Hove was laughable as Jay Z, try as he might, could never, ever match Nas in intellectual rhyming.

Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Ya man Im glad someone mentioned Talib,hes a genius!Common should be giving a mention,hes one of my favourites as well!

NUFCGator

« Reply #47 on: Saturday 17 November 2007, 04:01:55 am »
Go back and listen to the album Blackstar and then pray that they work together again on more than just one track each time one of them releases a new cd. And if you like them go listen to Common's old stuff, Resurrection and Like Water For Chocolate are amazing in every sense of the word. I never get tired of listening to them.

Offline indi

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 17 November 2007, 04:40:58 am »

1) Nas

2) Big Pun

3) Biggie

Mos Def
Talib Kweli

Guess who I've just seen? ;)

Ford kicked arse!! :nods:

Offline fuhg

• General Member
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 17 November 2007, 10:15:08 am »

I wouldn't. Reasonable Doubt is quite clearly hov's strongest release.

As for top 3 emcees alive or dead, it's almost impossible to look past Nas and Rakim in the top two spots, with possibly Biggie coming in at three. I like Mos Def and Talib but would never consider them to be up there.
No more Waterloo, no more rural country halts, no more solitude: no more becoming, just interminable being.