Author Topic: Hip hop fans  (Read 52149 times)

Tyne81 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
  • Norway
Re: Hip hop fans
« Reply #1050 on: Monday 18 May 2020, 01:00:00 AM »
You can tell he left school in 8th grade. Nas did too but apparently he read all day.

Mobb Deep and A Tribe Called Quest went to artistic high schools. This guy is a no talent cashing on his looks.

They're not doing the same genre of music. Even if the music is not your cup of tea, 6ix9ine is undoubtedly very talented at what he's doing. Just as you can't deny Michael Bay having talent as even though Transformers isn't exactly The Godfather, by god Transformers is still an extremely hard movie to make. If you look at the technical aspect rather than story and substance and how he's pulled it off, Michael Bay is an extremely talented director.

Sidenote: not a big fan of 6ix9ine's music, just saying it's a dumb argument to try to make just because you don't personally like something.
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #1051 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 04:28:28 AM »
But Transformers is overproduced just like 69 is. It’s lowest common denominator. It’s like “I’m watching Big Bang Theory” in the What are you watching thread.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
  • Norway
« Reply #1052 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 04:33:33 AM »
No, it's like comparing The Big Bang Theory to The Sopranos. They're not the same thing, so it's an unfair comprison.
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Online Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #1053 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 06:37:41 AM »
But Transformers is overproduced just like 69 is. It’s lowest common denominator. It’s like “I’m watching Big Bang Theory” in the What are you watching thread.

Or comparing to the overly conscious rappers that only exist to sell out to the new wave of righteousness. Not a pop at you in anyway, but at least 6ix is antisystem to a degree, he bucks the trend of trying hard to be cool.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #1054 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 08:29:05 AM »
He looks like he’s trying pretty hard to me. Taking away the legal stuff. I do wonder if he would ever be relevant, if not for the fact the c*** looks like he’s let a load of kids with ADHD paint his hair and draw all over him.

His music is utter s**** and even in this modern day age of commercial rap and hip hop being mainly s****. He manages to make it even worse.

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #1055 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 02:59:46 PM »
No, it's like comparing The Big Bang Theory to The Sopranos. They're not the same thing, so it's an unfair comprison.

This is the “hip hop” thread. Do not post anything unless it is better or close to better than this...

This is the bar.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
  • Norway
« Reply #1056 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 09:55:55 PM »
So posting 6ix9ine is perfectly fine then, in other words.

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #1057 on: Monday 25 May 2020, 06:55:32 PM »
Post what you want. I wasn't feeling it. Gummo was ok.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
  • Norway
« Reply #1058 on: Monday 25 May 2020, 07:28:45 PM »
I'm not posting him.