Author Topic: The unpopular opinion thread  (Read 247486 times)

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
Re: The unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #8900 on: Sunday 7 July 2019, 09:04:58 pm »
TBF I do enjoy eating out more when I do it less often. Too regular and it’s not such a treat.

Most of the time when I eat out it’s with the kids and often a random lets go here or let’s get this type thing rather than anything pre planned or specific in terms of restaurant/Italian/Indian/Chinese etc. It depends on where we are out and about of course and how many of us there is. I find some of the best food comes from market/fair stalls, side street cafes or street food vendors.

I’ll often sacrifice quality of food/food choice/type of restaurant that I would not choose if I had my own way for myself or my kids if we were specifically going out to eat or planning somewhere to eat, based on convenience and what the kids will eat if put down in front of them.

If we are in a larger group we will go somewhere we can get a table and served quickly and serves enough of the basic kind of food everyone at least eats anyway like fries, pizza, burgers etc. My kids love buffet places for exampleor Macdonalds, I can’t stand these places and their food, it’s the most awful food. But I’ll eat it and it fills a hole. Afterwards though I feel like s***.

Places like TGI Fridays or Frankie & Bennies serve average food for the price, but again I’ll eat it.

The worst food I always find when it comes to my kids eating out is actually food served at say the Life Centre or at Soft Play.

If I’m going out for a meal with the wife or with good friends we usually eat at places we love who serve food we love or new places to try out.

I hate carveries though and don’t know why they are so popular, and a lot of pub food is awful as well.

Newcastle and Northumberland has some really great places to eat out though, from cafes to restaurants, food stalls and pub food and quick grab and go food. In the City and around the county.

I’m an extremely fussy eater though and I’ll walk away if I see grubby fingernails, butter out on the counter with a nufc in it or cheap and nasty decor. I avoid scran vans and food at St. James’ Park? :lol:

With my life being on the road a lot which means hotel food, kebabs, takeaways or services food, I’ve started making my own packed lunch food or if we stay in apartments I’ll do the cooking these days.

I’ve also started to choose where I source my food from much more carefully and what the labels say.

I like food and eat it in a variety of locations and situations depending on context too.
Bearings Straight!

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #8901 on: Sunday 7 July 2019, 09:06:55 pm »
 :lol:

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #8902 on: Sunday 7 July 2019, 09:18:14 pm »
:lol: :lol:
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #8903 on: Sunday 7 July 2019, 09:21:33 pm »
You don’t have to eat garbage food when you go out.

That's my number one complaint about it. It's full of s***.

All I'm looking for is a nice enough meal that contains 20-40g of protein (whole proteins), 30-60g of complex carbs with a bit of healthy fats..... with no added crap to it. But it's quite rare to find.

So strange.

Eh? Why? I'm a gym goer.... and I make no apologies for living a healthy lifestyle!

The price of the membership - A lot less than shitty food.
Equipment other people have used - I use a towel.
Other people's sweat - See above.
The stench of other people - Okay, but this doesn't happen very often. Most modern gyms are air conditioned. Plus I rarely get close to other people to the point I can smell their oduor.
Having a stranger use the water dispenser and showers before you - What's wrong with water dispenser being used by somebody else? :lol: I don't use the showers a the gym.
Having strangers walk past and seeing you grunting, sweating profusely - This doesn't 'invade' your privacy.

The clique? Ha!

:lol: Some people stick their gob right by the water dispenser man, yet you whinge about eating off plates other people have used? What do you do when you have guests over?

People seeing you eat isn't an invasion of privacy ffs. And your towel is mopping up their sweat. Lovely.

FWIW I go to a gym. I'm just not an arse when it comes to eating at restaurants, either.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

« Reply #8904 on: Sunday 7 July 2019, 09:25:33 pm »

All I'm looking for is a nice enough meal that contains 20-40g of protein (whole proteins), 30-60g of complex carbs with a bit of healthy fats..... with no added crap to it. But it's quite rare to find.

So strange.

Eh? Why? I'm a gym goer.... and I make no apologies for living a healthy lifestyle!

The price of the membership
Equipment other people have used
Other people's sweat
The stench of other people
Having a stranger use the water dispenser and showers before you
Having strangers walk past and seeing you grunting, sweating profusely

:lol: Mint.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #8905 on: Sunday 7 July 2019, 09:35:54 pm »
TBF I do enjoy eating out more when I do it less often. Too regular and it’s not such a treat.

Most of the time when I eat out it’s with the kids and often a random lets go here or let’s get this type thing rather than anything pre planned or specific in terms of restaurant/Italian/Indian/Chinese etc. It depends on where we are out and about of course and how many of us there is. I find some of the best food comes from market/fair stalls, side street cafes or street food vendors.

I’ll often sacrifice quality of food/food choice/type of restaurant that I would not choose if I had my own way for myself or my kids if we were specifically going out to eat or planning somewhere to eat, based on convenience and what the kids will eat if put down in front of them.

If we are in a larger group we will go somewhere we can get a table and served quickly and serves enough of the basic kind of food everyone at least eats anyway like fries, pizza, burgers etc. My kids love buffet places for exampleor Macdonalds, I can’t stand these places and their food, it’s the most awful food. But I’ll eat it and it fills a hole. Afterwards though I feel like s***.

Places like TGI Fridays or Frankie & Bennies serve average food for the price, but again I’ll eat it.

The worst food I always find when it comes to my kids eating out is actually food served at say the Life Centre or at Soft Play.

If I’m going out for a meal with the wife or with good friends we usually eat at places we love who serve food we love or new places to try out.

I hate carveries though and don’t know why they are so popular, and a lot of pub food is awful as well.

Newcastle and Northumberland has some really great places to eat out though, from cafes to restaurants, food stalls and pub food and quick grab and go food. In the City and around the county.

I’m an extremely fussy eater though and I’ll walk away if I see grubby fingernails, butter out on the counter with a nufc in it or cheap and nasty decor. I avoid scran vans and food at St. James’ Park? :lol:

With my life being on the road a lot which means hotel food, kebabs, takeaways or services food, I’ve started making my own packed lunch food or if we stay in apartments I’ll do the cooking these days.

I’ve also started to choose where I source my food from much more carefully and what the labels say.

I like food and eat it in a variety of locations and situations depending on context too.

You get the full menu with me baby :lol:

Can you imagine the kind of menus I’d produce if I owned a restaurant, they would be as thick as an old old Yellow Pages phone book and would need a table of its own for itself.

I’d naturally have to call it TL;DR - GREAT food, mega portions, shark free, AMG seating around reclaimed wood and plastics (I run a household/commercial clearance recycling business) surrounded by framed prints of my many top/great posts from here.

I’m sure there would be something for everyone on the menu.

I actually once invested in a caffe, it went bust :lol:

Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #8906 on: Sunday 7 July 2019, 09:44:50 pm »

Can you imagine the kind of menus I’d produce if I owned a restaurant, they would be as thick as an old old Yellow Pages phone book and would need a table of its own for itself.

I’d naturally have to call it TL;DR - GREAT food, mega portions, shark free, AMG seating around reclaimed wood and plastics (I run a household/commercial clearance recycling business) surrounded by framed prints of my many top/great posts from here.

:lol: :lol: would be class to eat there to see the beads of sweat on the servers brow as they ask "Would you like to hear the specials?" You should definitely call it Shark Shack too.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #8907 on: Sunday 7 July 2019, 09:47:16 pm »
:lol: Si

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #8908 on: Sunday 7 July 2019, 10:22:04 pm »

That's going to be a really big sign.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #8909 on: Sunday 7 July 2019, 11:25:42 pm »

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #8910 on: Sunday 7 July 2019, 11:33:11 pm »

:spit:

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #8911 on: Monday 8 July 2019, 01:31:09 am »

That's going to be a really big sign.

Digital scroll along sign followed by the thumbs up emoticon at the end. Money off vouchers to those that made it to the end and capture the thumbs up via the camera on their phone.

They will of course have to read the small print after that, which will be really tl;dr so they won’t be eligible for the money off voucher after all, but by that time they’ve been subliminally messaged to give the place a thumbs up and will come in anyway even to justify standing about like a freak taking pictures of a sign because if they don’t and just go nah, f*** it and walk away mumbling to themselves I’ll try one of Dinho’s gym cook at home stuff crap instead, they’ll look even more weird.

Next thing they know they are viral on twitter being socially awkward shamed by someone who was behind them to capture it all on a phone camera.

A life of staying at home never eating out again is the kind of modern day consequences facing everyone.

Luckily there is also Just Eat for when you’ve failed life and are that desperate even your own cooked food is that s*** it’s a takeaway or anorexia.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #8912 on: Monday 8 July 2019, 01:37:25 am »

:lol: :lol: would be class to eat there to see the beads of sweat on the servers brow as they ask "Would you like to hear the specials?" You should definitely call it Shark Shack too.

We are going to need a bigger plate!

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #8913 on: Monday 8 July 2019, 03:15:03 am »
Imagine not being able to go out to enjoy eating a meal... a succulent Chinese meal...
That's what I do, I drink and I know things.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #8914 on: Monday 8 July 2019, 04:38:51 am »
Top restaurants can get tae f***. It takes one chef to cook a meal, it takes 5 to run a kitchen. It doesn't take 7 chefs, each armed with a pair of tweezers, precision placing a single item.

I blame TV cookery shows. You can't taste or smell food, on TV, so the only way to convince the viewer of quality is through appearance. Now everybody thinks they know what quality food is, because they've seen masterchef.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #8915 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 08:24:27 pm »
I don't get it :lol: What about it is s***? The price? The quality? having to leave the house? All these things can be annoyances but calling the whole enterprise s*** is intriguing :lol:

The nutritional composition of the foods
The quantity of the dish
The price
The smell of other people's food nearby
Eating off a plate that strangers have ate off before
Having some strangers cook/prepare it for you
Having strangers walk by and seeing you eating

I'm sure there's much more.

Sitting in a tight space
Eating (in a tight space!) with new people that you've only known just recently (work lunch).

The list getting longer and longer.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #8916 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 08:33:25 pm »
Incels gonna incel

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #8917 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 08:34:46 pm »
Also, "sitting in a tight space" is far from the norm? Most restaurants are bigger than my kitchen.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #8918 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 08:35:13 pm »
This guy has definitely been on a solo trip to Thailand.

Offline AsprillasShinPad

• General Member
« Reply #8919 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 08:50:00 pm »

So strange.

The stench of other people - Okay, but this doesn't happen very often. Most modern gyms are air conditioned. Plus I rarely get close to other people to the point I can smell their oduor.
Having a stranger use the water dispenser and showers before you - What's wrong with water dispenser being used by somebody else? :lol: I don't use the showers a the gym.
Having strangers walk past and seeing you grunting, sweating profusely - This doesn't 'invade' your privacy.

The clique? Ha!

:lol: Some people stick their gob right by the water dispenser man, yet you whinge about eating off plates other people have used? What do you do when you have guests over?

People seeing you eat isn't an invasion of privacy ffs. And your towel is mopping up their sweat. Lovely.

FWIW I go to a gym. I'm just not an arse when it comes to eating at restaurants, either.

Who the f*** wraps their gob around the water dispenser?!

If I was on Jury duty and somebody up on a murder charge was caught knife in hand etc, I'd return a not-guilty version if it turned out their victim had pulled that s***.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #8920 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 09:25:08 pm »

So strange.

The clique? Ha!

If I was on Jury duty and somebody up on a murder charge was caught knife in hand etc, I'd return a not-guilty version if it turned out their victim had pulled that s***.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #8921 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 09:39:02 pm »
Also, "sitting in a tight space" is far from the norm? Most restaurants are bigger than my kitchen.

No, clearly your fat arse is shoving them out of the way, that's all.

Offline AsprillasShinPad

• General Member
« Reply #8922 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 09:41:33 pm »

So strange.

The clique? Ha!

Very good.  :lol: