Author Topic: Hip hop fans  (Read 41664 times)

kingdawson

Hip hop fans
« on: Monday 12 November 2007, 04:51:01 pm »
Cassidy's new album came out a couple of days ago and its one of the best hip-hop albums in a long long time. Hardly any fillers in there and some really nice beats and lyrics. Damn Cassidy is fire :thup: :thup:

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
Re: Hip hop fans
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 06:07:21 pm »
That's not Hip-Hop, sorry mate.  Nothing doing lyrically, either.  Ghostface will trump this on Dec. 6, no doubt.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 06:09:55 pm »
Cassidy needs to be inserted into a barrel and rolled down Brooklyn so all people who actually can remember what Hip Hop means can spit on him until he rolls into the river.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 06:31:02 pm »
Cassidy needs to be inserted into a barrel and rolled down Brooklyn so all people who actually can remember what Hip Hop means can spit on him until he rolls into the river.

:lol:  Hopefully the pot holes won't stop his impending doom.  Maybe he could collect a few others with his tumbling barrel.

kingdawson

« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 07:28:04 pm »
That's not Hip-Hop, sorry mate.  Nothing doing lyrically, either.  Ghostface will trump this on Dec. 6, no doubt.

hmmm im afraid it is hip-hop. Cassidy is a punchline rapper and is one of the best out. Dont get me wrong, Ghostface is good (ive got supreme clientele) but he's not really relevant to todays hip-hop.

Offline LBW

• TPFKA lankybellwipe
  • General Member
« Reply #5 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 07:34:47 pm »
I'm not a great fan of hip hop, but my nanna can't wait for hers'   O0
"You're giving ME the 'it's naat you it's me' routine? If it's anybaady, it's ME!!"
"Ok George, it's YOU!"
"You're DAMN RIGHT IT'S ME!"

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 07:36:12 pm »
I'm not a great fan of hip hop, but my nanna can't wait for hers'   O0

:laugh:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

JamesD

« Reply #7 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 07:39:05 pm »

hmmm im afraid it is hip-hop. Cassidy is a punchline rapper and is one of the best out. Dont get me wrong, Ghostface is good (ive got supreme clientele) but he's not really relevant to todays hip-hop.
haha, wow...ghost face not relevent in todays hip-hop? You obviously missed Fishscale and more fish, and he's got a new album coming out in a few weeks. He's a living legend, a level cassidy could never achieve.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #8 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 07:49:21 pm »

haha, wow...ghost face not relevent in todays hip-hop? You obviously missed Fishscale and more fish, and he's got a new album coming out in a few weeks. He's a living legend, a level cassidy could never achieve.

This just proves King Dawson's delusional thoughts exist outside of football as well.  ;)

kingdawson

« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 07:50:03 pm »

Ghostface is a lyrical genius and a very good emcee as a whole and fishscale was infact a good album but he really fell off ever since his wu-tang days. At one point he was actually my favourite emcee but he's very repeatitive and his flow gets annoying at times.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 07:55:11 pm »
Of the Tang, this is a controversial choice.

U-God was always my favourite member, as in I always felt when he was on a Wu track, he actually captured my attention most.

Solo stuff is garbage though.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

kingdawson

« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:02:01 pm »

U-God was always my favourite member, as in I always felt when he was on a Wu track, he actually captured my attention most.

Agreed. Thought i was the only 1 in the world that thought this ;D.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:02:44 pm »

Agreed. Thought i was the only 1 in the world that thought this ;D.

:toothy:

David Goldblatt

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #13 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:06:17 pm »
U-God?  Huh, I've never heard anyone say that before.  Can't beat the GZA or Ghost, for me.  Meth was good when Tical dropped, but went steadily down hill after that.  A lot of talent in the Wu, should be an interesting album for them come Dec.  I have a feeling The Wu might make some noise with this new disc. 

Offline LBW

• TPFKA lankybellwipe
  • General Member
« Reply #14 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:08:13 pm »
I'm beginning to lose track of modern music, being over 30! Are we talking Fishscale as in the Michael Fishscale, used in weather predictions to determine the chance of hurricanes NOT hitting Britain?

My favourite wrapper as a pre-pubescent was anyone out that band that sang "Pass the Duchy" (on the left hand side)   O0
"You're giving ME the 'it's naat you it's me' routine? If it's anybaady, it's ME!!"
"Ok George, it's YOU!"

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #15 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:10:57 pm »
I'm beginning to lose track of modern music, being over 30! Are we talking Fishscale as in the Michael Fishscale, used in weather predictions to determine the chance of hurricanes NOT hitting Britain?

My favourite wrapper as a pre-pubescent was anyone out that band that sang "Pass the Duchy" (on the left hand side)   O0

What is a duchy? 

Band was called Musical Youth. 

Offline LBW

• TPFKA lankybellwipe
  • General Member
« Reply #16 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:14:34 pm »

What is a duchy? 

I daint kna!  Duchy, Dutchy - Starsky and Hutchy!!!

It's a spliff innit?   O0
"Ok George, it's YOU!"

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:16:41 pm »
Inspektah Deck, or however's it's f***ing spelt.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:17:03 pm »

What is a duchy? 

Was hoping you knew, figure it's a Spliff. 

kingdawson

« Reply #19 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:18:39 pm »

My favourite wrapper as a pre-pubescent was anyone out that band that sang "Pass the Duchy" (on the left hand side)   O0

What is a duchy? 

It's a spliff innit?   O0

A spliff is sometimes refered to as a dutch but very rarely (missy elliot brought it back).

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:20:40 pm »
I'm feeling something Chronic.  :cheesy:

David Goldblatt

Offline LBW

• TPFKA lankybellwipe
  • General Member
« Reply #21 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:21:58 pm »

What is a duchy? 

A spliff is sometimes refered to as a dutch but very rarely (missy elliot brought it back).

Just as tap dancing for lads was reintroduced by Billy Elliot   O0
"Ok George, it's YOU!"

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #22 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:32:32 pm »

Keep your masterbaiting to yourself, Top Gun.  :lol:

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:33:23 pm »

Keep your masterbaiting to yourself, Top Gun. :lol:

Sounds like you're coming onto me Bonky babes.  :parky:

David Goldblatt

JamesD

« Reply #24 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 08:38:37 pm »

What is a duchy? 

Just as tap dancing for lads was reintroduced by Billy Elliot   O0
Dutchies are not spliffs. a dutchie is a blunt, rolled with a Dutch Masters Brand. Come on, simple stuff here.