Author Topic: Racism in Football  (Read 92171 times)

veriaqa and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
Re: Racism in Football - FA clear Mark Clattenburg of racism claims
« Reply #50 on: Monday 1 September 2008, 12:48:30 PM »
I had a go at a bloke in the pub a few seasons ago for calling Keiron Dyer a 'black b******', and that was one of our own players.

Other than that though I haven't heard a anything like that actually at the match.

I do think there is some subconcious racism in the way black players are thought of as having a 'poor footballing brain' or 'poor attitude' etc etc. Seems to be code for 'young successful black man'.

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Monday 1 September 2008, 12:51:04 PM »
I've heard a few 'dodgy' chants here and there, but generally, if you look at who's saying them and why they're saying them, you'll see it's only when we're playing uber-s*** and the people saying these things can barely stand up straight. That's not a decent excuse, if it even is an excuse at all, but it's not the outright hatred-style racism that can divide societies/countries.

Craig-NUFC

« Reply #52 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 12:38:33 AM »
Old thread, but this is very topical right now and deserves a bump.

Video of Eboue getting f***ing all sorts lobbed at him by Besiktas supporters. Thing that bothers me the most is that it seems that the Besiktas players are telling him to get on with it whilst the officials do nothing.

On top of that, a lass I know was doing some stewarding at Burnley v Leeds yesterday and she got some racist stick, essentially for doing her job.

Think the last few weeks have proven how naive society has been in the fight against racism. Its not as bad as it once was, but it seems to have reared its ugly head once again.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 12:45:12 AM »
Just shake hands ffs, God!
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #54 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 12:47:38 AM »

:lol:

Must be f***ing devastating for Eboue that, what's he meant to do ffs?  Would imagine he'd want to f*** off sharpish.  Pathetic fans.

Online NEEJ

• General Member
  • Kent
« Reply #55 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 12:51:51 AM »
On a side note, why was that ridiculous music accompanying the video? :lol:
Shocking stuff though, disgrace how the ref doesnt step in.

Online Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #56 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 12:56:30 AM »
Christ, pathetic.
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 01:16:51 AM »
Creapy as f*** the Turks like (Racism in Forums).

gggg

« Reply #58 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 01:23:13 AM »
Not sure if it's racism, Turkish fans do this s*** all the time.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #59 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 09:14:58 AM »
Thats beyond a joke that clip of Eboue, where is FIFA and UEFA for that?

As soon as anything happens in the UK Blatter is all over us like a tranny with a new pair of shoes.

Ive seen loads of dodgy s*** from eastern europe as well, nowt ever gets done, i suppose they all shakes hands at the end and its all ok.

Offline Aphrodite

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 10:29:39 AM »
Terrible clip, but is it definitely because Eboue is black? Doesn't make that much sense without context.
Interviewer: Which pantomine contains the character 'Widow Twanky'?
Sean Thornton: Romeo and Juliet

Haris Vuckic

« Reply #61 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 10:31:10 AM »

Marcotti said it wasn't race related.

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #62 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 11:32:44 AM »
I've heard a few 'dodgy' chants here and there, but generally, if you look at who's saying them and why they're saying them, you'll see it's only when we're playing uber-s*** and the people saying these things can barely stand up straight. That's not a decent excuse, if it even is an excuse at all, but it's not the outright hatred-style racism that can divide societies/countries.

This is probably the most common "type" of racism but it's still unacceptable. That's pretty much what John Terry (supposedly) done and it's not right. It indicates some kind of deep-lying prejudice too, that may not be overt but work to divide society.

It shouldn't be that hard to leave someone's race out of it when you're angry/upset/confused/drunk.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #63 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 11:37:54 AM »

What Sepp Blatter said was ridiculous, but there is no doubt the English are trying to use it to their advantage to get Blatter out, hence the outrage. Got nothing to do with how appalled people actually are about the comments themselves. Still in a tiff about not getting the world cup imo. Pretty pathetic. How about dealing with the England captains behaviour, it's not something he is doing for the first time is it? Listen to the Chelsea fans' chanting?

People have no idea how much racism exists in this society, how could you though if you aren't the people being subjected to it? Makes me laugh really. Well accustomed to just rising above it by now. It's easy when you know you can never be anything less than the individuals that carry on in this manner. They've just got issues and complexes with themselves ultimately.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 11:53:10 AM »
It's a hard knock life, for us. It's a hard knock life, for us.
Instead of treated, we get tricked!
Instead of kisses, we get kicked!

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 21 December 2011, 02:46:28 PM »
Bump.

Seemed like the logical place for the latest developments regarding Terry. He'll appear before West London Magistrates court on Feb 1st. 

We can still slag Suarez in the other one lads. 

Offline Colocho

• General Member
  • Le sarcasme est la forme la plus basse de l'esprit
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 21 December 2011, 02:47:44 PM »
If I racially abused a footballer in a footballer, and was caught by stewards/police - what kind of punishment would I receive?
Sir John Hall: "I was told that the man behind the deal was Mike Ashley and I sat with his representatives over three days thrashing out a deal. I was keen to know why they wanted the club and they were quite honest. They wanted to market their sports goods in the Far East and would use the club to help do this."

icemanblue

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 21 December 2011, 02:48:42 PM »
If I racially abused a footballer in a footballer, and was caught by stewards/police - what kind of punishment would I receive?

I'm not sure that there's a precedent for that.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 21 December 2011, 02:49:14 PM »

At least a 3 year football banning order and a public order charge.

Offline FrenchWilliam

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 21 December 2011, 02:52:23 PM »

Offline Colocho

• General Member
  • Le sarcasme est la forme la plus basse de l'esprit
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 21 December 2011, 02:54:37 PM »

At least a 3 year football banning order and a public order charge.

Is that a banning order from the stadium where the offence was committed, or all football stadiums?
Sir John Hall: "I was told that the man behind the deal was Mike Ashley and I sat with his representatives over three days thrashing out a deal. I was keen to know why they wanted the club and they were quite honest. They wanted to market their sports goods in the Far East and would use the club to help do this."

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 21 December 2011, 02:55:07 PM »
Who's got that pic of van Nistelrooy getting off with that fella?

Offline JH

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 21 December 2011, 02:57:44 PM »
What's the difference between the Suarez and Terry cases - i.e. why is one being tried in a criminal court and one in a football tribunal - is it just because one was reported to Police and the other was reported to the FA?

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 21 December 2011, 03:14:37 PM »
What's the difference between the Suarez and Terry cases - i.e. why is one being tried in a criminal court and one in a football tribunal - is it just because one was reported to Police and the other was reported to the FA?

Essentially Yes.