Author Topic: One of them pitiful threads where someone asks for advice  (Read 46737 times)

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
One of them pitiful threads where someone asks for advice
« on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 01:54:20 AM »
Right then. This is a first for me so bare with me. :rolleyes:

I've always been someone who's had a best mate; all the way through school, i've always had one really good mate in-particular, whereas most people just tend to have lots of 'equal' mates, so to speak. Anyhow, my mate George, i've been best mates with him since the start of secondary school, so that's like five years.

Just recently, he's been blanking me - completely and utterly. And at the end of Year 11 prom, the last time i met up with him, he barely said a word to me.

So naturally, i'm a little down. Aye, it's childish 'having a bezzie' and all that s****, but i think i was a bit concerned and a bit downtrodden within reason, cos he is/was my best mate and i had no idea what it was i'd done to make him so seemingly angry with me.

Anyhow, i spoke to his girlfriend tonight - who's naturally his replacement nowadays for every single one of his friends. I mean, the majority of our little circle of mates rarely see George nowadays. Anyhow, i spoke to her and i asked her if she knew what was up with him. And i got the mother of all answers from her. Apparantely, she's always thought that i've liked him as more than a friend, and that he has got the idea that i'm in love with him. Which, obviously, is absolute nonsense. But that's the reason given for why he's been ignoring me.

I've considered him the closest thing to a brother, but christ - never anything like that. For one thing i'm totally straight, and for another thing, i've been besotted with one particular lass for the entirety of my secondary school years.

Anyhow - just what the hell do i do now? Pretty much tainted the friendship forever, i reckon. I can't exactly text him and say "we need to talk", because that'll freak him out well and truly. I suppose ultimately - have i actually got to ring him up and actually tell my best mate "i'm not in love with you" ... Jesus Christ, f***ing scary even thinking about it.

Thoroughly s*** situation. Need some advice. And before all you wise-asses come out with "sounds like some petty teenage crap"; i'm a teenager - so shut your holes. :D
« Last Edit: Thursday 26 July 2007, 01:59:39 AM by Lt. McClane »

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: One of them pitiful threads where someone asks for advice
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 02:01:51 AM »
f*** him.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 02:05:32 AM »
f*** him.

Don't knock it till you've tried it, etc?

Offline PM

• General Member

Invicta_Toon

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 02:08:15 AM »
f*** her. then tell him to go f*** himself

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 02:08:16 AM »
f*** him.

As much as that was a play on things, I do mean it in another context.  To f*** with him, you'll get more friends and you'll develop stronger bonds with people that understand you better and the things you do.  Be careful though, it could be his woman stirring s***, it's not unheard of, especially at that age.

Let him come to you, if anything.  Don't pursue him, it's a bizarre situation.  He could be just being a c*** about you in front of his missus, it could be anything, but personally, I'd tell him to f*** off, especially if he's been blanking you etc.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Gent

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 02:26:44 AM »
What about this girl you're "bessoted" with? Why aren't you's together? Or are you..?

We may aswell cover all bases while you're in the spotlight!

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 02:28:14 AM »
f*** him.

As much as that was a play on things, I do mean it in another context.  To f*** with him, you'll get more friends and you'll develop stronger bonds with people that understand you better and the things you do.  Be careful though, it could be his woman stirring s***, it's not unheard of, especially at that age.

Let him come to you, if anything.  Don't pursue him, it's a bizarre situation.  He could be just being a c*** about you in front of his missus, it could be anything, but personally, I'd tell him to f*** off, especially if he's been blanking you etc.

f***ing give it a rest.

:lol: Cheers, Bluf.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 02:31:24 AM »
What about this girl you're "bessoted" with? Why aren't you's together? Or are you..?

We may aswell cover all bases while you're in the spotlight!

Eesh, i'm not going into that. Only then will you find out how mentally churned Yorkie-Geordie is.  :razz:

Alan Shearer 9

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 02:31:43 AM »
sounds like those two bummers off hollyoaks bumming each other furiously

Offline junkhead

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 02:50:09 AM »
so you're in love with him.. that's cool.. that's cool..
you got to tell him how you've felt during all those years.. just let it go man.. you'll feel better

glad to be of assistance.
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║

Your pencil thin, Evian drinking, calorie counting,
caffiene limiting, sodium spearing, nutrasweet sweetening,
read view mirror preening, carrot nibbling..
bunny !

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 03:12:45 AM »
Mate just go up to him and say

"What the f***? your lass told me you have been ignoring me because you thought i was in love with you you absolute f***ing cretin, im not gay and i am quite offended that you thought i fancied you, get over yourself you sad c***"

Then head butt him
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Mowen

• General Member
  • Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 09:09:58 AM »
Mate just go up to him and say

"What the f***? your lass told me you have been ignoring me because you thought i was in love with you you absolute f***ing cretin, im not gay and i am quite offended that you thought i fancied you, get over yourself you sad c***"

Then kiss him
FYP
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

Offline brummie

• General Member
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 09:55:59 AM »
OMG! OMFG!

This is just like Hollyoaks!!!!

Seriously, though, just talk to him, tell him to stop being such a knob.
Well focus on the quasar in the mist, the Kaiser has a cyst

Gemmill

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 10:24:14 AM »
Give him a f***ing hiding for telling his lass that you're a mincer.  THEN bum him.

Knightrider

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 10:24:46 AM »
You'll find when you get older your childhood mates and you grow apart and you become best friends with others, quite sad in many ways because I've "lost" lots of real good mates this way myself as I'm sure we all have, especially a mate who I grew up with from the age of 3 right through to adulthood. Never met up in years now though after he settled down, I see him passing now and again and we have a chat, but there is nothing there, we're two totally different people and could never be best friends again, or even friends. Just two people who once knew each other and can say "hi" and "hows tricks" whenever we do pass, before the "take care then". Dunno why this happens, life's strange way of working out I guess.

Gemmill

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 10:30:45 AM »
You'll find when you get older your childhood mates and you grow apart and you become best friends with others, quite sad in many ways because I've "lost" lots of real good mates this way myself as I'm sure we all have, especially a mate who I grew up with from the age of 3 right through to adulthood. Never met up in years now though after he settled down, I see him passing now and again and we have a chat, but there is nothing there, we're two totally different people and could never be best friends again, or even friends. Just two people who once knew each other and can say "hi" and "hows tricks" whenever we do pass, before the "take care then". Dunno why this happens, life's strange way of working out I guess.

Sounds to me like this mate of yours remember what "the bad thing" was and subsequently wants nowt to do with you. :lol:

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 10:34:19 AM »
All i can say is "I don't trust the lass"

The answer to all yours and his problems lies within that c***.

alex

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 10:37:31 AM »

I was thinking similar. Wouldn't be surprised if this was down to her. You should give her one just to prove them both wrong. Not up the Gary Glitter though.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 10:40:10 AM »
:lol:

Offline Rebellious

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 10:44:35 AM »
Sounds like the girlfriend is jealous of yours and your mates friendship and is just s*** stirring. My misses has days were if she thinks my friends are getting more attention than her, she starts to slag them off.

Offline Mowen

• General Member
  • Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 10:45:31 AM »

Sounds to me like this mate of yours remember what "the bad thing" was and subsequently wants nowt to do with you. :lol:

Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 10:47:37 AM »
In this kind of 'love' triangle women are often upto no good.

Gemmill

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 10:50:04 AM »
In this kind of 'love' triangle women are often upto no good.

*said Parky, stroking Lorenzo's hair*

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 24 July 2007, 10:52:11 AM »

I was thinking similar. Wouldn't be surprised if this was down to her. You should give her one just to prove them both wrong. Not up the Gary Glitter though.

Aye. Am guessing the OP is at the 16-18 year old stage, where girls play games and really try and drive wedges inbetween lads and their friends. Sounds like she has done a good job here.

But there is absolutely fuk all you can do until the lad decides on his own he's had enough. You try and get back in and she'll just say your trying to drive a wedge between them, and end of the day, pussy is the winner everytime, so don't even think of going there.

I'd speak to him and say you think she's a little bit clingy and jealous, but thats cool if he's happy. When he's not happy the lads will always be waiting for him when he serves his time.