Author Topic: Why we have a pretty good chance of finishing above Arsenal next season.  (Read 66071 times)

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
Re: Why we have a pretty good chance of finishing above Arsenal next season.
« Reply #425 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 03:22:24 PM »
RVP will get atleast 15 Prem goals this year if he stays fit. I think he'll get 20 depending on his fitness and how well Arsenal play.

How many goals had Drogba score before last season (he was looking canny towards the end of the year before). He had 1 season where he looked doo-doo, another where he looked solid and last year he was brilliant. I fancy RVP to make Drogba like strides this year. He's also still pretty young isn't he?

Didn't he score the same ammount of Premiership goals as Martins last season despite being injured for half the season?

20?? I'd like a bet he doesn't.

5 in 7 games so far.
Consider winning

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #426 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 03:36:40 PM »
i thought RVP would do great but I must say i'm suprised with how well Adebayour has started.

microbar

« Reply #427 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 03:57:16 PM »
We dont have a chance in hell of finishing above arsenal,
 either next season or in the next ten seasons,

Did you watch them the other night 7-0

We are not worthy

end off rant.

Melbourne Toon

« Reply #428 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 04:01:11 PM »
I think the better question is, will anyone be able to finish above arsenal when all their young players hit their peak?

Offline Luc

• General Member
« Reply #429 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 04:04:41 PM »
I think the better question is, will anyone be able to finish above arsenal when all their young players hit their peak?

Yes, when they do they play for Milan and Madrid.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #430 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 04:07:41 PM »

We are not worthy

end off rant.

Next ten seasons?!

Offline Martin Lol

• ITK
  • General Member
« Reply #431 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 04:56:10 PM »

We are not worthy

end off rant.

Next ten seasons?!

For as many seasons it is before Wenger clears off, hopefully very soon to replace Steve McLaren.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #432 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 04:58:35 PM »

We are not worthy

end off rant.

Next ten seasons?!

For as many seasons it is before Wenger clears off, hopefully very soon to replace Steve McLaren.

Madrid could have done us all a favour and taken Cesc. :rolleyes:

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #433 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 05:30:35 PM »

We are not worthy

end off rant.

Next ten seasons?!

Madrid could have done us all a favour and taken Cesc. :rolleyes:

Aye the lads what 21? Maybe younger and actually getting better and better.... scary

I enjoy having his type of player in the Premiership. I hoped Henry wouldn't leave

johnnyappleseed

« Reply #434 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 05:31:56 PM »

well Arsenal don't sell players at their peak, more like on their way down ... so rules that out.

Offline Luc

• General Member
« Reply #435 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 06:15:09 PM »

well Arsenal don't sell players at their peak, more like on their way down ... so rules that out.

Fabregas plays for Barca or Madrid next year.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #436 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 06:15:10 PM »

Henry wanted out though iirc.

Offline ChezGiven

• General Member
« Reply #437 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 06:28:54 PM »

Still, on his way down if tuesday's performance was anything to go by.

johnnyappleseed

« Reply #438 on: Thursday 25 October 2007, 11:09:00 PM »

henry is 30 years old and clearly past his best. he will never be as good as he was for arsenal. and that's all wenger wants: the very best years from his players. when the various advanced stats he combs over show that they are falling off he is ruthless (their own outfield players in their 30's don't get contracts longer than a year).

and Luc,

until it happens, i'll go on the evidence of bergkamp, henry, vieira, pires, campbell, cole etc that arsenal/arsene don't sell (or allow their contracts to run out) big players unless the team will be better off without them. that's more concrete than some spanish papers trying to sell papers about their clubs buying every top player around. according to the papers vieira should have been playing for real madrid since 2002,  but he only left when wenger gave him no option but to leave (wenger was ok with him leaving in 2004, but vieira didn't want to leave).

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #439 on: Friday 26 October 2007, 09:44:20 AM »

henry is 30 years old and clearly past his best. he will never be as good as he was for arsenal. and that's all wenger wants: the very best years from his players. when the various advanced stats he combs over show that they are falling off he is ruthless (their own outfield players in their 30's don't get contracts longer than a year).

and Luc,

until it happens, i'll go on the evidence of bergkamp, henry, vieira, pires, campbell, cole etc that arsenal/arsene don't sell (or allow their contracts to run out) big players unless the team will be better off without them. that's more concrete than some spanish papers trying to sell papers about their clubs buying every top player around. according to the papers vieira should have been playing for real madrid since 2002,  but he only left when wenger gave him no option but to leave (wenger was ok with him leaving in 2004, but vieira didn't want to leave).

True but two summers in a row Henry was close to leaving.

alex

« Reply #440 on: Friday 26 October 2007, 09:51:49 AM »

Still, on his way down if tuesday's performance was anything to go by.
He was pretty anonymous against Villa Real at the weekend too.

Offline ohmelads

• General Member
« Reply #441 on: Friday 26 October 2007, 01:21:08 PM »
He's probably suffering from the same thing as Shevchenko. Changing leagues at 30 is not easy for a striker. Henry has an advantage over Sheva though in that Barca play his style of football and he's in the side every week.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #442 on: Friday 26 October 2007, 02:55:07 PM »
He's probably suffering from the same thing as Shevchenko. Changing leagues at 30 is not easy for a striker. Henry has an advantage over Sheva though in that Barca play his style of football and he's in the side every week.

Imo Henry should have switched a couple of seasons ago. Gerrard is another who will develop new strings to his bow if he plays abroad.

Offline ohmelads

• General Member
« Reply #443 on: Friday 26 October 2007, 03:06:46 PM »

Imo Henry should have switched a couple of seasons ago. Gerrard is another who will develop new strings to his bow if he plays abroad.

I agree about Henry. Not sure about Gerrard, you might be right but I always thought his game thrives on the end to end nature of the English football. He likes to be the all action player and this league suits that type of player. Patient build up, intricate one-twos and operating in tighter spaces might make him a weaker force, he's at his best when he can build up a head of steam.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #444 on: Friday 26 October 2007, 03:09:25 PM »

I agree about Henry. Not sure about Gerrard, you might be right but I always thought his game thrives on the end to end nature of the English football. He likes to be the all action player and this league suits that type of player. Patient build up, intricate one-twos and operating in tighter spaces might make him a weaker force, he's at his best when he can build up a head of steam.

Agree with that, but my premise is that he will learn to operate and think more in 'tighter spaces'. Also there is a rhythm to Euro football which encourges postional sense, something we sorely lack over here...A lot of players running around without really knowing why...

Offline macbeth

• General Member
« Reply #445 on: Friday 26 October 2007, 05:18:01 PM »
i agree with alot of comments here but in my opinion what is important is that so far, our home form, is MILES better than las t year,

Last year
Villa 3-1
Wigan 2-1
West Ham 2-2
Everton 1-1
Spurs 3-1
Total 3 wins, 2 draws, 11 points,  11-6 on aggregate

This eyar
Villa 0-0
Wigan 1-0
West Ham 3-1
Everton 3-2
Spurs 3-1

Total 4 wins, one draw, 13 points, 10- 4 on aggregate

Not MILES better, an improvement, but not that different.
Football Finances in plain English - http://www.football-finances.org.uk/

Offline Kev

• General Member
« Reply #446 on: Friday 26 October 2007, 05:23:42 PM »
a glance at the table and we will find out that we will be at least 15points behind arsenal at the end of the season

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #447 on: Friday 26 October 2007, 05:36:38 PM »
a glance at the table and we will find out that we will be at least 15points behind arsenal at the end of the season

Did you just make that up?

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #448 on: Friday 26 October 2007, 05:38:28 PM »

Aye, it'll be more like 20+.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #449 on: Friday 26 October 2007, 05:48:29 PM »

Aye, it'll be more like 20+.

Well we're up with Chelsea. I suppose that is 'just ridiculous' as well. :lol:

The beauty of football (look at the Spurs saga) is that you never know what is going to happen and thankfully it isn't played on paper.