Poll

Who is going to get the best photo?

LucasUnger
53 (44.5%)
Number09
66 (55.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Austria Training Camp  (Read 76065 times)

Offline Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
  • General Member
Austria Training Camp
« on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 10:27:17 AM »
So they fly out today, apparently to THIS PLACE.

Got it's own golf course, spa etc., as you might expect. Sam want's the mobile phones switched off and I'm assuming that's on a kind of 9 to 5 basis, a blanket 24hr ban would surely be broken inside 24 hrs.

Anyone live near there? Or are all our updates going to come via Anal's infertile imagination.

Wonder if any of the squad will test Joey's sense of humour.  :lol:

Supposed to be all about conditioning, seems there is no training pitch there but plenty of other sports activities. Probably won't be a football in sight. Conditioning is pre-stamina work isn't it?

Would love to be there myself if only to find out how the new gaffer goes about everything. They should do a documentary on it, they'd sell loads of DVD's I bet.

Anyway, any news about that trip can go in here.
A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

Offline Colo's Short and Curlies

• AKA SP60sH
  • General Member
Re: Austria Training Camp
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 10:30:48 AM »
Someone get to the airport and give a roll call.

Will Zog and Marins turn up?
If you use supplements for your garden/pets/yourself please have a look at my mates website - www.thefulvicacidcompany.com

WalkervilleMag

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 10:30:51 AM »
I
They should do a documentary on it, they'd sell loads of DVD's I bet.

i have heard that they are doing a behind the scenes documentry and have been doing it for the last 6 months.  what i got told like.

gggg

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 10:33:13 AM »
Sommergolf      ab € 117,-- pP und Nacht
Tee Off     ab € 303,-- pP
Balance on the Green    ab € 515,-- pP
Birdie Week    ab € 886,-- pP

??? Good job we didnt sign Riise and Bellamy.

LucasUnger

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 11:19:31 AM »
thanks that someone started this thread.

I'm from austria about 290 miles away. but i'm driving down to stegersbach tomorrow until friday. got free from work  :frantic: :frantic: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb:
 :celb:also sleeping in the same hotel.
if the hotel has got internet access i can report every day.

can' t  :celb:wait until tomorrow.

DavB93

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 11:23:35 AM »
I
They should do a documentary on it, they'd sell loads of DVD's I bet.

i have heard that they are doing a behind the scenes documentry and have been doing it for the last 6 months.  what i got told like.

Source?

Ridzuan

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 11:29:06 AM »

I'm from austria about 290 miles away. but i'm driving down to stegersbach tomorrow until friday. got free from work  :frantic: :frantic: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb:

Youre a lucky guy.Do get a few photos of them yeah if you can.

LucasUnger

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 11:30:25 AM »
can someone explain me how to put photos online?

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 11:30:58 AM »
can someone explain me how to put photos online?

Go to www.imageshack.us
Consider winning

LucasUnger

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 11:32:50 AM »
can't i put pix on newcastle-online.com??

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 11:33:56 AM »
Might nip over in the Volvo and the telescopic lens.

teepee

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 11:48:11 AM »

cheers mate - keep a look out for zoggy, owen and martins. i'd like to know if they "seem happy"

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 12:09:28 PM »
The United manager will head to Austria this morning to start work in earnest at a behind-closed-doors training camp following a brief get-together at the club’s base in Benton.

Allardyce, who met several members of his first-team squad for the first time during yesterday’s gathering, will spend the next seven days forging relationships and outlining his plans for the club’s future.

And having stressed that all his senior players will start with a clean slate under his reign, the former Bolton boss has told his team to seize the opportunities he will give them.

“Whatever happened last year has gone,” insisted Allardyce
, who will demand full focus from his players after warning that there can be no distractions if Newcastle are to make a productive start to a new era in North-East sport.T

“It was last year and it has been forgotten, whether it was good, bad or indifferent. It doesn’t matter. It’s a new era and a new start for me and for them.

“I hope that they can show me how good they are and we can start forging a new relationship to help Newcastle United do better next season than in the previous ones.”

From the Journal today and exactly what I want to hear. While Luque might be beyond recovery, I really hope Zoggy and Martins can benefit from Allardyce's lead   :clap:

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 12:12:24 PM »
can't i put pix on newcastle-online.com??

use the imageshack link.

Then, when you upload a picture, you'll get an address for the photo, which will end in .jpg or whatever type of picture file it is.

Then post the address on here between:

(img) (/img) using square brackets [] instead of ()

That will make the photos appear.
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline Syrette

• TAFKA Role Model
  • General Member
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 12:57:27 PM »
http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1066161,00.html

Sam Says: Make Most Of New Start

By Craig Hope

SAM Allardyce and his Newcastle United squad travel to Austria on Tuesday with the Magpies manager urging his players to seize the opportunity of a fresh start under a new regime.

The black and whites head to Austria for a behind-closed-doors training camp to begin pre-season preparations before their first friendly at Hartlepool on July 17.

And the Toon boss has told his men to make the most of the new start as they embark on a seven-day period of fitness work and team bonding in the town of Stegersbach in the east of the country.

Big Sam said: "Whatever happened last year has gone.

"It was last year and it has been forgotten, whether it was good, bad or indifferent. It doesn't matter. It's a new era and a new start for me and for them.

"I hope that they can show me how good they are and we can start forging a new relationship to help Newcastle United do better next season than in the previous ones."

The United gaffer travels without first-team trio James Milner, Steven Taylor and Tim Krul, all of whom have been allowed extra time to rest after representing their countries at this summer's Under-21 European Championships.

Mark Viduka and David Edgar are away on international duty with Australia and Canada respectively, while Damien Duff (ankle) remains a long-term injury casualty.

But the former Bolton boss is looking forward to getting down to work with his players, as new signings Joey Barton and David Rozehnal also link up with their new team-mates for the first time.

"We will have a week of conditioning work, but more importantly we have a week getting to know each other," added Allardyce.

"All the mobile phones will be switched off for a week so there will be no distractions because the most important thing is that we spend the week getting to know each other.

"We will be totally focused on attempting to build for a new season and trying to get everyone to buy into new ideas. We will be providing as much information as we can in order to get people fit and mentally tuned in for August 11.

"The difficulty so far has been that there have been very few people on the football side around because people have a short window to take the holidays needed to recharge their batteries.

"First and foremost, I need to speak to everyone on the football front. That is something I will have a chance to do in Austria and I'm looking forward to getting out there and starting the job in earnest."

No idea if this has already been posted. Sounds good.

Offline Willow

• General Member
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 01:41:52 PM »
Jesus that place looks absolutely lush!!

...and the girl in the photos is also proper gorgeous... :blush:

Offline Isegrim

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 02:29:18 PM »
Some players will like it there. The place has about 2,000 people living there and is in the middle of nowhere. They probably don't get any mobile connection anyway...
The world is full of idiots, and someone needs to point it out to them or they will never know.

"Newcastle's stunning transformation is a huge credit to manager Graeme Souness - and perhaps it is time for some of his critics to eat humble pie." (Alan Hansen, March 14th 2005)

newcastle4life

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 04:00:24 PM »
well when at training ground only person not there was zoggy, owen and martins was there but no zoggy.

Offline number09

• Forum Legend
  • General Member
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 04:07:45 PM »
Hi mates,

I'm from Austria too (like Lucas) and been to the Airport Graz today, where the team plane from Newcastle landed. I took some pictures of the lads, Big Sam, Stephen Carr, Michael Owen and Nicky Butt were especially kind - so here we go with the pics...

I will travel to Stegersbach tomorrow... maybe I can take some nice pictures there as well.

Many greetings
Stefan

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 04:10:22 PM »
Great photos, nice to see Big Sam is completing another quality transfer even while being hassled by annoying fans  ;)

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 04:10:25 PM »
Hi mates,

I'm from Austria too (like Lucas) and been to the Airport Graz today, where the team plane from Newcastle landed. I took some pictures of the lads, Big Sam, Stephen Carr, Michael Owen and Nicky Butt were especially kind - so here we go with the pics...

I will travel to Stegersbach tomorrow... maybe I can take some nice pictures there as well.

Many greetings
Stefan

Emre's like "Is this a wind up" :lol:

sicko2ndbest

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 04:11:24 PM »
Hi mates,

Many greetings
Stefan

Top photos our on the scene reporter. I expect updates daily!  ;)

Owen must have a flatulance problem at the moment. He is nearly smiling

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 04:13:15 PM »
Hi mates,

Many greetings
Stefan

Top photos our on the scene reporter. I expect updates daily!  ;)
Sam tieing up the Beye deal whilst taking the photo :lol:

Offline number09

• Forum Legend
  • General Member
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 04:14:14 PM »
As far as I know the place where the team stays is awesome - luxury hotel in a very nice region. It is really a small village - no big cities around there. Perfect conditions for a camp imho. I believe in Big Sam, I am sure he will lead us to success.

Offline number09

• Forum Legend
  • General Member
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 3 July 2007, 04:16:47 PM »
I'll do my best regarding photos - as far I have heard Emre didn't travel with the squad, he came from Germany... He was quite nice too. Michael was smiling yep - but just.