Author Topic: The Weather  (Read 351883 times)

Online Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
Re: The Weather
« Reply #7725 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 09:44:00 AM »
26C?? I would kill for 26C!
Having a crazy heatwave in Cyprus at the moment - 40C+ for the last 5 days and as of 9am this morning it's already 39C. It hasn't dropped below 30C even at night for nearly a week, so there's no respite to be had.
:(
I was in Cyprus a few years ago when it was 40+ so I know what that's like. Tough temperature to cope with.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #7726 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 09:46:11 AM »

Having a crazy heatwave in Cyprus at the moment - 40C+ for the last 5 days and as of 9am this morning it's already 39C. It hasn't dropped below 30C even at night for nearly a week, so there's no respite to be had.

f***! That is hot tbf, I feel for you.

Aye, poor b******!

Bet his diamond shoes are too tight n'al.

:lol:

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #7727 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 09:49:34 AM »

Aye, poor b******!

I was going to add a line about what a pisser it was we're not allowed in the pool because of the lockdown but decided against it as well :lol:

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #7728 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 09:57:30 AM »

Aye, poor b******!

I was going to add a line about what a pisser it was we're not allowed in the pool because of the lockdown but decided against it as well :lol:

:lol:

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #7729 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 10:20:07 PM »
My arms were burning after a full five minutes in the sun today.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #7730 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 11:31:31 AM »
It's like the start of the Wizard of Oz in Wallsend today. Only a matter of time before my garden furniture ends up somewhere over the rainbow.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #7731 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 12:00:40 PM »
The weather's mad atm. Seems to change somewhat radically from day to day. Really chilly and grey then as hot as it's likely to get, now 30-50mph gusts, supposedly back to being really nice again by Monday.

I was f***ing miserable on Monday then loving life by Wednesday. Dread to think how blue I'll be if the crisis resembles how it currently does come winter.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #7732 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 12:09:26 PM »

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #7733 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 12:16:57 PM »
The weather's mad atm. Seems to change somewhat radically from day to day. Really chilly and grey then as hot as it's likely to get, now 30-50mph gusts, supposedly back to being really nice again by Monday.

I was f***ing miserable on Monday then loving life by Wednesday. Dread to think how blue I'll be if the crisis resembles how it currently does come winter.

We've been talking about this for a while - in lockdown the weather becomes even more of a mood barometer. Living in Ohio thus means constant mood swings.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #7734 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 04:51:50 PM »
I had a huge new trampoline on my drive for about a hour this morning, I was just taking my socks and shoes off to go for a bounce and it left me for another family further down the road.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #7735 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 01:28:49 PM »
This wind is battering my little seedlings, like. Having to erect make shift wind breaks to stop them being destroyed. I won yesterday but my structures are rudimentary. Not sure they can take another day.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.