Author Topic: The Weather  (Read 341731 times)

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
Re: The Weather
« Reply #7625 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 03:18:10 PM »
It's been clammy-warm-and-humid here all winter, like a perpetual cold sweat.

Offline RS

• General Member
« Reply #7626 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 07:12:27 PM »
Gusting to 65 mph tonight/tomorrow Going to be a few flying fences/tiles/trampolines. Be careful out there!
"They let you think you're king but you're really a pawn"

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #7627 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 09:08:21 AM »
Blowy as f***.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #7628 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 06:27:07 PM »
?s=20

Offline bobbydazzla

• General Member
« Reply #7629 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 07:02:38 PM »
I've experienced 4 x take off and go arounds over the years

For someone who's not keen on flying it's grim when you think the ordeal is over and you've landed, then the engines suddenly start roaring and you're heading skywards again

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #7630 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 10:53:48 PM »
f***ing hell driving in that was horrible.

« Reply #7631 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 11:00:51 PM »
Where'd you drive? Drove from Newcastle to Leeds late this afternoon and came off the A1 a junction or two earlier than usual to avoid the carnage that was brewing. Driving through the backroads to Leeds the flooding was ridiculous. Others driving the sameish journey but ending up in Bury and Halifax got the brunt.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #7632 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 11:06:31 PM »
Where'd you drive? Drove from Newcastle to Leeds late this afternoon and came off A1 a junction or two earlier than usual to avoid the carnage that was brewing. Driving through the backroads to Leeds the flooding was ridiculous. Others driving the sameish journey but ending up in Bury and Halifax got the brunt.
I live in Cornwall, if you know this neck of the woods at all? But I did similar and went through towns and back roads instead of the main dual carriageway and that was bad enough. Visibility was about two car length, had to go 15/20 in usual 30 or 40 roads. Didn't want to risk the carriageway especially given there are a few big bridges.

Can't think of a time I've driven in worse.

« Reply #7633 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 11:09:53 PM »
:lol: Cornwall would have been ridiculous today I bet. Storm didn't really seem to get to the NE in any force. Seemed fade out as far north as Yorkshire.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Rebellious

• General Member
« Reply #7634 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 06:49:50 AM »
This weathers starting get annoying now. I live on a peninsula, so its fields x 5 then sea in 3 directions, no wind break. Two nights now I have had the same sleeping pattern as when we had 2 newborns. Its the gusts that sound like the roof is off any minute, the creeky wood ones combined with the rain that sounds like someones jet washing your windows.
We had 4  monster trees down in the village yesterday and I have one at the end of my drive that is 40-50 foot high, just waiting for that to smash through the hall landing.   

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #7635 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 03:32:52 PM »
New experience today, thunder and lighting whilst snowing. Didn't even know it was possibly, started lowering my head like, "what the f*** is going on?" 

I was in the house. :blush:
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #7636 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 03:36:36 PM »
Landing in the gusty conditions in London this afternoon was fun. Can't imagine what it must've been like yesterday.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #7637 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 04:03:21 PM »
Got a big drive tomorrow to Kent in a van that I’ve almost tipped over in many a time when it’s extremely windy so I’m hoping it will die down by then. It’s been OK here in Newcastle today actually.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #7638 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 04:10:57 PM »
Drove from Milton Keynes to south London yesterday, it was mental. Still windy and raining today but doesn't seem as bad.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Only $50 pm
« Reply #7639 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 04:18:52 PM »
New experience today, thunder and lighting whilst snowing. Didn't even know it was possibly, started lowering my head like, "what the f*** is going on?" 

I was in the house. :blush:

It's called THUNDERSNOW. It's got a cool name so I felt the need to share.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Only $50 pm
« Reply #7640 on: Friday 14 February 2020, 05:36:39 PM »
Gonna be -12C overnight/going into tomorrow morning. I was ready to write off this Winter and embrace Spring :'(

Online leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #7641 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 12:16:29 AM »
Gonna be -12C overnight/going into tomorrow morning. I was ready to write off this Winter and embrace Spring :'(

The wind today was f***ing brutal. Felt like that vortex in Day After Tomorrow that drags in the cold from space and freezes everything instantly.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline RS

• General Member
« Reply #7642 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 10:42:37 AM »
Storm Dennis rolling in. Looks like 3 days of high winds and a s***-load of rain with the west and south getting the brunt.
"They let you think you're king but you're really a pawn"

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #7643 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 02:41:18 PM »
These storms that come from the west are pretty limp by the time they arrive in the north east
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #7644 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 02:42:32 PM »
These storms that come from the west are pretty limp by the time they arrive in the north east

It's been quite nice up here the last couple of days [for February, like].

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #7645 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 02:48:58 PM »

I disagree with your choice of parentheses there, like.
:) As you were.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #7646 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 03:00:23 PM »

Not your jurisdiction, stick to apostrophes.

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #7647 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 03:26:24 PM »

:lol: Can I do any other corrections in stanworld, and please be pacific about this? To all intensive porpoises You seem to think you're in control.
:) As you were.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #7648 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 03:46:09 PM »

I hope God doesn't read this forum and Karma the f*** out of me, cos the wind is getting up a bit now.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #7649 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 03:51:37 PM »

:lol: Can I do any other corrections in stanworld, and please be pacific about this? To all intensive porpoises You seem to think you're in control.

It's more than a world mate. More than a galaxy, even. And far, far more than a universe. It might even be more than infinity itself.