Author Topic: Curb your enthusiasm s10e10  (Read 51061 times)

Offline ChezGiven

• General Member
Re: Curb your enthusiasm
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 24 October 2007, 10:49:36 AM »
Talking about TV on a forum is nearly as s*** as talking about TV in the pub.

Thats why these threads are always s*** despite the quality of the TV being discussed.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is brilliant though.

As someone who posts in the film thread 90% of the time I take great offense.  What's wrong with film/tv discussion?  Is music discussion allowed?  or Books?  Threads like this one or the Simpsons quotes one are s*** because it's just a string of quotes we've all seen on the show.  But threads that actually analyse the shows...like the Sopranos ones are always interesting.

Chomp chomp  :lol:

Not followed the Soprano's discussion on here but that Lost thread was the most boring thing ever written on an internet forum.

Are you comparing TV shows to books? The quality of writing is good on some shows but please dont pretend its high art, its f***ing american TV ffs. 'Oooh the writer developed a theme over 6 episodes' Whoopdy f***ing do.

Offline Happy Face

• General Member
  • The forum equivalent of Arnie in T2
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 24 October 2007, 11:01:20 AM »

Thats why these threads are always s*** despite the quality of the TV being discussed.

As someone who posts in the film thread 90% of the time I take great offense. 
Really? :lol:
'Offence' btw ;)

Not really.  :lol:

alex

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 24 October 2007, 11:03:55 AM »
Have to agree re: the Lost thread like. Although not being a fan of the show didn't help.

Offline Happy Face

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 24 October 2007, 11:04:27 AM »

As someone who posts in the film thread 90% of the time I take great offense.  What's wrong with film/tv discussion?  Is music discussion allowed?  or Books?  Threads like this one or the Simpsons quotes one are s*** because it's just a string of quotes we've all seen on the show.  But threads that actually analyse the shows...like the Sopranos ones are always interesting.

Not followed the Soprano's discussion on here but that Lost thread was the most boring thing ever written on an internet forum.

Are you comparing TV shows to books? The quality of writing is good on some shows but please dont pretend its high art, its f***ing american TV ffs. 'Oooh the writer developed a theme over 6 episodes' Whoopdy f***ing do.

You're really trying to cultivate the snob image now aren't you?

TBF, it's british TV that limits itself to 6 episodes in a series.  American shows never have less than 10.

Offline Happy Face

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 24 October 2007, 11:07:12 AM »
Have to agree re: the Lost thread like. Although not being a fan of the show didn't help.

Never read it, but having seen 2 episodes I think the writers on that show are the ones that are lost.  Nowt to discuss whhen they're blatantly winging it.

elbee909

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 24 October 2007, 11:07:30 AM »

To me what's s*** is just quoting dialogue rather than having a discussion about what makes it work, why it's funny.  I love the way the disparate plotlines interweave before culminating in the inevitable denouement that you very rarely see coming.  There's something so inherently satisfying about that and makes it far funnier than the sum of its parts.

Larry is a bit of a t*** too, but you can't help but see everything his way, esp. after a few episodes.  Curb has a cumulative effect; the more you watch, the more you get it.  Bit like The Office in that way.

Offline ChezGiven

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 24 October 2007, 11:08:32 AM »

TBF, it's british TV that limits itself to 6 episodes in a series.  American shows never have less than 10.

Bit rich coming from a self-confessed film-snob AND music-snob. You're the one who castigates the tastes of others, I just think discussing TV on a forum is like discusssing TV in the pub. A bit s***.  :razz:

Offline Happy Face

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 24 October 2007, 11:14:09 AM »

Bit rich coming from a self-confessed film-snob AND music-snob. You're the one who castigates the tastes of others, I just think discussing TV on a forum is like discusssing TV in the pub. A bit s***.  :razz:

I'd love to see where I've said I was a snob, saying when you don't like something specific doesn't make you a snob, refusing to like ANYTHING in a certain genre does, ie TV is s*** and can't hold a candle to literature.

Offline ChezGiven

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 24 October 2007, 11:24:55 AM »

I'd love to see where I've said I was a snob, saying when you don't like something specific doesn't make you a snob, refusing to like ANYTHING in a certain genre does, ie TV is s*** and can't hold a candle to literature.

Love to see where i said TV is s***. I think i said this show was 'brilliant'.

Offline Happy Face

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 24 October 2007, 11:28:19 AM »

So we're agreed.  We're both talking s****.  All you can expect in a tv discussion.

Offline ChezGiven

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 24 October 2007, 11:33:28 AM »

So we're agreed.  We're both talking s****.  All you can expect in a tv discussion.

Acting like a pair of huge vaginas tbh.

elbee909

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday 24 October 2007, 11:49:57 AM »

Maybe it's just any discussion of which you two happen to be a part that's s****? :)

Offline Happy Face

• General Member
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 24 October 2007, 12:20:55 PM »

Maybe it's just any discussion of which you two happen to be a part that's s****? :)

NO's very own beloved c***s.

Offline Happy Face

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 30 October 2007, 10:09:09 PM »
This weeks wasn't that funny, but considering Seinfeld got a huge stigma attached to it as being a racist show I love the way Larry David keeps poking fun at the issue as overtly as possible.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 1 November 2007, 08:04:23 PM »
Dammit, which episode is the one where Larry and Cheryl argue over the cut-off point for how late you can call someone >.< !!

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 1 November 2007, 08:12:02 PM »
Consider winning

Offline M4

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 6 November 2007, 12:06:22 AM »
Bump!

Had forgotten about Steve Coogan appearing in this season, quality new episode this week :D
"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

Offline shido

• General Member
  • Yeaah Buddy!
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 6 November 2007, 11:16:11 AM »
Bump!

Had forgotten about Steve Coogan appearing in this season, quality new episode this week :D

I didn't know he was gonna pop up in it took me by suprise...was a great episode as usual. I still can't believe the outcome of the tivo man episode...never thought that would happen.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #68 on: Sunday 11 November 2007, 06:37:15 PM »
Class as per usual.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline M4

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 11 November 2007, 06:59:45 PM »
Last one ever then tonight is it?
"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Sunday 11 November 2007, 07:05:47 PM »
Might be a Series 7
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 09:31:18 AM »
New avatar. ;)
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 09:31:59 AM »
New avatar. ;)

Thanks mate, its me in Pro Evo
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 09:32:34 AM »

David Goldblatt

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Monday 12 November 2007, 09:38:05 AM »

Love Leon. bluelaugh.gif

David Goldblatt