Author Topic: UFC - McGregor retires, accused of sexual assault  (Read 270603 times)

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • Newry, NI
Re: UFC - McGregor retires, accused of sexual assault
« Reply #4975 on: Tuesday 21 January 2020, 06:37:58 PM »
Would love McGregor to fight Masvidal next for the BMF belt and do a world tour same as when he was fighting Aldo. That time was peak McGregor.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #4976 on: Tuesday 21 January 2020, 08:00:49 PM »
Tbh I miss the old style pressers where they'd have about 12 fighters in there, they were always spot on especially when Conor was in there.

Offline Willow

• General Member
« Reply #4977 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 12:38:55 AM »
McGregor retires again, is again accused of sexual assault

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4978 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 06:43:36 AM »
3 times in a row without making any effort to move away from them :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

All 3 of those strikes were thrown in under 2 seconds and it was the last one that stunned him. I doubt Cerrone was initially worried about shoulder strikes and the clinch is MMA 101 to avoid strikes anyway. :lol:

Again, Cerrone is a 50+ fight veteran and you're calling him embarrassing for getting caught by unorthodox strikes. :lol:

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #4979 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 10:45:33 AM »
The best bait is often the most obvious bait :lol:
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4980 on: Wednesday 22 January 2020, 01:21:51 PM »
The best bait is often the most obvious bait :lol:

Normally. :lol: He believes what he's saying this time though.

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #4981 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 10:09:05 AM »
Some more comedy judges scoring tonight, do they literally pick them up outside the venue to make up the numbers :lol:.

4-1 is absolutely nuts.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #4982 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 12:24:03 PM »
?s=21

Good twitter thread summarising last night.

I had Reyes winning 3 but I always think it’s dangerous desperately trying to avoid engagements like he did in that last round. Whoever gave Jones that second round... wow.

I thought Latifi won also despite doing almost no damage. Why Lewis kept trying to land that flying knee and ending up in the clinch over and over I have no idea.

Haven’t watched the prelims yet but I think that was one of the worst numbered cards in a while.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Not you. Me.
« Reply #4983 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 01:53:06 PM »
I had Reyes 3-2, but I absolutely always want the underdog to win in these things :lol: I can accept Jones 3-2, if we’re still super hard for half takedowns. 4-1 seems ridiculous. Have they published this Soliz guy’s scoring card?

I googled him after the fight, looks like he’s some chump who runs a gym in Texas. I guess it’s not that hard to become a ufc judge?

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #4984 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 02:19:56 PM »
I had it 3-2 Jones purely because Reyes wasn't engaging, but 3-2 Reyes would have been fair.

4-1 Jones is an atrocious decision though, what are these judges using as their criteria.

I thought Latifi won also despite doing almost no damage. Why Lewis kept trying to land that flying knee and ending up in the clinch over and over I have no idea.

Yeah I thought it was 2-1 Latifi, if only because Lewis didn't even really attempt to get off his back.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #4985 on: Sunday 9 February 2020, 02:36:24 PM »
TIL McGregor has retired
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #4986 on: Monday 10 February 2020, 09:51:06 AM »
I had it 3-2 Jones purely because Reyes wasn't engaging, but 3-2 Reyes would have been fair.

4-1 Jones is an atrocious decision though, what are these judges using as their criteria.

Yeah I thought it was 2-1 Latifi, if only because Lewis didn't even really attempt to get off his back.

Texas is one of the few states that still use the old unified rules/scoring, so Jones in addition to getting take downs and winning the last two rounds could possibly also have nicked one of the first three rounds based on "octagon control" or whatever they call it, since he was the one walking forward and controlling where the fight took place. 4-1 is still outrageous
though :lol:

Online gdm

• General Member
« Reply #4987 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 09:45:32 AM »
The Conor haters incoming :lol:

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Not you. Me.
« Reply #4988 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 02:21:41 PM »

? Why? Something new I'm missing to add to the list? Didn't see owt on a google.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #4989 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 02:45:47 PM »

? Why? Something new I'm missing to add to the list? Didn't see owt on a google.

Probably how close the next "boxing" match news is?

Online gdm

• General Member
« Reply #4990 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 03:56:17 PM »
Was referring to the video going round twitter etc. Tho going by comments might not be him as tattoos are on the wrong arm. Sure looks like him tho

Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #4991 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 03:57:12 PM »
Pacquiao signed with the same management team that McGregor uses, so naturally speculation about whether he will cross over to boxing again instead of continuing his MMA season.

Offline Leek

• General Member
« Reply #4992 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 05:54:52 PM »
How trash is this London card they've put on, its the same lot every year  :lol: The main events a good fight but Edwards hasnt really built a fan base up, I think because it sells out every year they think we love to support our own but the main card is an absolute joke even for a fight night.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Not you. Me.
« Reply #4993 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 05:57:54 PM »
You won't be saying that when Dan Hardy does a run in and hits Tyron Woodley with a steel chair.

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #4994 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 10:04:41 PM »
Can we change the thread title now please? Surely it's more pertinent to have it down as "McGregor returns, allegedly shags a crackhead"

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #4995 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 10:11:26 PM »
Can we change the thread title now please? Surely it's more pertinent to have it down as "McGregor returns, allegedly is/was s a crackhead"

Surely?
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #4996 on: Monday 17 February 2020, 07:31:58 AM »
Really sad to see Sanchez (who looks borderline medically insane now) take advice from one of the strangest cornermen I’ve heard in a while and then take a DQ victory claiming he couldn’t see after he’d lost every round. It’s time for him to retire.

I’m also backing out of wanting to see a Reyes rematch in favour of Jones taking on the Polish power 😂

It was a real shame about Nathaniel Wood losing to Jon Dodson also. I really like him as an up and coming fighter. Dodson is an irritating little s*** at the best of times and he took that cut via a clash of heads, Dodson pretended he’d been low blowed twice then he got caught with the counter left hook that put him down. Thought it was poor from the ref stopping the fight as he was getting up too.

Another poor night of fights though. Some of these fight nights and ppv’s have been p*ss poor lately.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4997 on: Monday 17 February 2020, 07:53:09 AM »
That Dodson stoppage was awful.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #4998 on: Monday 17 February 2020, 09:45:05 AM »
I’m also backing out of wanting to see a Reyes rematch in favour of Jones taking on the Polish power 😂

Agreed, mainly because Błachowicz is 36 and would need the title shot pretty fast. Could well be a year or two before he gets the opportunity if they make an immediate rematch with Reyes and there's no guarantee that he's the same fighter then.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #4999 on: Sunday 1 March 2020, 07:57:52 AM »
Great main event last night!

Although Cutebala v Ankalaev was absolutely ruined by the worst stoppage I’ve arguably ever seen.

Also the fastest main event I can remember