Author Topic: UFC - McGregor retires, accused of sexual assault  (Read 262838 times)

Offline stozo

• General Member
Re: UFC etc
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday 30 May 2007, 06:04:17 PM »
Meh, you guys are making too much of this.  I'm sure he didn't do anything out of the ordinary before this fight.  He got caught with a hook square on the chin, it could happen to anyone. 
If your out partying until 4am you are not going to be at your very best. Maybe he would still have got knocked out but at the end of the day the week before the biggest fight of your life you shouldn't be out clubbing.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday 30 May 2007, 06:06:37 PM »
Meh, you guys are making too much of this.  I'm sure he didn't do anything out of the ordinary before this fight.  He got caught with a hook square on the chin, it could happen to anyone. 
If your out partying until 4am you are not going to be at your very best. Maybe he would still have got knocked out but at the end of the day the week before the biggest fight of your life you shouldn't be out clubbing.

How do you know he was out till 4am?  What if Rampage was out till 5am? 

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday 30 May 2007, 06:32:07 PM »
What has Rampage hypothetically going out till 5am got to do with anything. At the end of the day, Chuck has been KO'd twice by Rampage now. Shogun Rua is by far the best LHW in MMA.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday 30 May 2007, 08:17:58 PM »
What has Rampage hypothetically going out till 5am got to do with anything. At the end of the day, Chuck has been KO'd twice by Rampage now. Shogun Rua is by far the best LHW in MMA.

UHHH...he knocked Chuck out? Could have been partying harder than him?  It doesn't matter what either of them did.  Liddell was the same as he's always been and got knocked to the ground, pounded and couldn't defend himself.  End of. 

Shogun Rua?  Wrong, Rampage is right now.  He's got the only belt that matters and until Rua takes it from him (or anyone else), it's Quinton.  I suspect this fight will happen after Dan Henderson fight Rampage. 

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday 30 May 2007, 09:49:18 PM »
Last time Rua fought Rampage, he f***ing dominated him. Rua isn't even int he UFC so how can he get the belt from Rampage? Rampage is good, but he isn't as good as Shogun, or Wanderlei Silva for that matter.

the_guv_nor

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday 30 May 2007, 10:36:10 PM »
Anyone here watch Ultimate fighter on Bravo every tuesday? was a canny good/funny street fight on it last night!!!

Offline stozo

• General Member
« Reply #81 on: Thursday 31 May 2007, 09:32:26 AM »

I know he was out until 4am and Rampage wasn't because their are articles on UFCMania, UFCcountdown, MMAWeekly and virtually every other UFC/MMA site showing pictures of him at all the big Vegas clubs.

Offline stozo

• General Member
« Reply #82 on: Thursday 31 May 2007, 09:33:35 AM »
Last time Rua fought Rampage, he f***ing dominated him. Rua isn't even int he UFC so how can he get the belt from Rampage? Rampage is good, but he isn't as good as Shogun, or Wanderlei Silva for that matter.
Rua's signing was announced at UFC 71

Offline stozo

• General Member
« Reply #83 on: Thursday 31 May 2007, 09:35:42 AM »
Some more news on the london show for all interested. It will take place on September 8th at the O2.

The main event will be Mirko "Cro Crop" Filipovic against an unnamed opponent. Michael Bisping and Jess Liaudin will also feature on the card.

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #84 on: Thursday 31 May 2007, 11:18:25 AM »
I didn't see it announced? Dan Henderson was.

Offline stozo

• General Member
« Reply #85 on: Thursday 31 May 2007, 12:07:53 PM »
I didn't see it announced? Dan Henderson was.
I don't think the announcement was shown on the UK show. Got to remember the version we get is edited in some places.

Offline stozo

• General Member
« Reply #86 on: Thursday 31 May 2007, 05:27:46 PM »

I know he was out until 4am and Rampage wasn't because their are articles on UFCMania, UFCcountdown, MMAWeekly and virtually every other UFC/MMA site showing pictures of him at all the big Vegas clubs.
Just to add to that in the LA Times today Liddell has 'fessed up that he was out clubbing every night that week including the night before the fight, although he says that wasn't the reason for his defeat.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #87 on: Thursday 31 May 2007, 06:56:10 PM »

Just to add to that in the LA Times today Liddell has 'fessed up that he was out clubbing every night that week including the night before the fight, although he says that wasn't the reason for his defeat.

Haha...  dude got knocked out/down.  End of. 

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #88 on: Thursday 31 May 2007, 06:58:14 PM »
Last time Rua fought Rampage, he f****** dominated him. Rua isn't even int he UFC so how can he get the belt from Rampage? Rampage is good, but he isn't as good as Shogun, or Wanderlei Silva for that matter.
Rua's signing was announced at UFC 71

But those who watch UFC already knew that.  :D 

Just taking the p*ss, Andy mate.  Rampage has the belt, doesn't matter about the past.  I'll agree with you when Rua takes it from him. 

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #89 on: Thursday 31 May 2007, 08:06:22 PM »
Rua will take it from him, he's too good.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #90 on: Thursday 31 May 2007, 08:09:59 PM »
You're a fan, Andy?  I just want to see good fights, most of the time I don't care who wins.  Didn't care who won saturday. 

Well, that's a lie, I like seeing GSP do well as with Bisping. 

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #91 on: Friday 1 June 2007, 10:32:48 AM »
Rua, is the best fighter I've ever seen, apart from Fedor.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #92 on: Friday 1 June 2007, 03:24:16 PM »
How many times have you seen them?  I think it's impossible to label this guy "the best" or "unbeatable".  That's why the sport is so great, anyone can beat anyone else.  There are fighters who are better than others, but it's hard to label one guy, "The Best". 

I agree, they're both good and can't wait to see them fight in the UFC. 

Offline stozo

• General Member
« Reply #93 on: Saturday 9 June 2007, 03:10:17 PM »
New info on the London event in September. Mirko "Cro Crop" Filopovic is no longer the main event.

The main event will know be Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Dan Henderson for the UFC Light-Heavyweight Championship.

Let me just say solely because of that fight I will be there.

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #94 on: Saturday 9 June 2007, 08:16:02 PM »
How much are tickets?

Offline Happy Face

• General Member
  • The forum equivalent of Arnie in T2
« Reply #95 on: Saturday 9 June 2007, 08:23:33 PM »
Can this be renamed?  I keep forgetting what it stands for and opening the thread in the mistaken belief I might be interested.  After doing this a few times, I now know to avoid the thread, but keep forgetting what it stands for and opening it to remind myself.

:-[

Offline stozo

• General Member
« Reply #96 on: Sunday 10 June 2007, 03:41:53 PM »
How much are tickets?
Hasn't been announced yet.

Also Mirko "Cro Crop" Filopovic will likely face Cheick Kongo in London.

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday 20 June 2007, 03:21:54 PM »
Ultimate fighter finale on sunday. Penn v Pulver, Diaz v Manny.

Bravo is s***, the haven't even broadcast the second semi yet, but they are advertising the final, so they've spoilt the second semi.

Alan Shearer 9

« Reply #98 on: Monday 25 June 2007, 08:43:46 PM »
Kimbo just had a cage fight vs Mercer, 46 year old wawshed up ex HW champ, Kimbo won and now everyone on youtube is going OMG KIMBO WUD BATTER RAMPAGE OMGG :lol:

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #99 on: Monday 25 June 2007, 09:09:48 PM »
He's certainly scary in his bare knuckle guise. I wouldn't feel safe even with a crowbar. :(