Author Topic: UFC - McGregor retires, accused of sexual assault again  (Read 295934 times)

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
Re: UFC - McGregor retires, accused of sexual assault again
« Reply #5325 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 08:11:57 AM »
So no rematch with Conor.

Pointless anyway, he smoked McGregor, it was easy for Khabib. Would just do the same to him again and again.
m

It wasn’t easy for him like, a motivated McGregor would be a good rematch if it were to ever happen, which is doesn’t look like it will.
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #5326 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 08:33:47 AM »

Pointless anyway, he smoked McGregor, it was easy for Khabib. Would just do the same to him again and again.
m

It wasn’t easy for him like, a motivated McGregor would be a good rematch if it were to ever happen, which is doesn’t look like it will.

Aye he definitely didn't smoke McGregor and lost a round as well. This was a McGregor who hadn't fought in two years. Shame we won't get the rematch. Khabibs reason for retiring was genuine. He doesn't seem the sort to go back on that.

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #5327 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 08:56:22 AM »

m

Aye he definitely didn't smoke McGregor and lost a round as well. This was a McGregor who hadn't fought in two years. Shame we won't get the rematch. Khabibs reason for retiring was genuine. He doesn't seem the sort to go back on that.

His camp have even said mgregor was khabibs toughest opponent 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah I agree, doesn’t seem like the type to f*** about. That said, if he goes away for a year you just wonder if he’ll get the itch to come back.
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #5328 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 09:05:05 AM »
Khabib was dominant against McGregor. Wore him out first round, nearly dropped him second round, had way more significant strikes in the fight despite not being a striker, and then finally submitted him at the first attempt in the 4th round. McGregor might have offered slightly more than Gaethje in terms of takedown defence, but he was no match for Khabib, that's as clear as day.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a rematch, would be great to see McGregor humbled again for all the lack of class he's shown.
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

Online Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #5329 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 09:10:51 AM »
If Khabib has said he retired and gave his word to his mother, he absolutely will not go back on that no matter what imo. If it was anybody else, I'd say they probably would. I don't see Khabib changing his mind, no matter what money gets thrown at him.

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #5330 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 10:44:49 AM »
If Khabib has said he retired and gave his word to his mother, he absolutely will not go back on that no matter what imo. If it was anybody else, I'd say they probably would. I don't see Khabib changing his mind, no matter what money gets thrown at him.

Aye there's zero chance. He's definitely done. Jones is still the GOAT.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #5331 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 11:16:24 AM »
Khabib was dominant against McGregor. Wore him out first round, nearly dropped him second round, had way more significant strikes in the fight despite not being a striker, and then finally submitted him at the first attempt in the 4th round. McGregor might have offered slightly more than Gaethje in terms of takedown defence, but he was no match for Khabib, that's as clear as day.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a rematch, would be great to see McGregor humbled again for all the lack of class he's shown.

Agree with all of this. No doubts he’ll be pushing for his Poirier fight to be a title one now. Hope Dustin smokes him.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #5332 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 11:46:21 AM »

Aye there's zero chance. He's definitely done. Jones is still the GOAT.

You know it's a nonsense sport when a guy who failed multiple drug tests for performance enhancers is proclaimed the GOAT
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Online Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #5333 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 08:44:48 PM »
Jones is a PED cheat and was beat by Reyes, luckily beat a 1-legged Marreta when he came off the juice. Him and Silva shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Khabib, GSP & DJ are the 3 best of all time. Nobody else comes close, with the exception of Nunes only.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #5334 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 09:05:06 PM »
Not Matt Hughes? Was never a fan but didn’t he just keep winning and winning?

Online Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #5335 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 09:35:51 PM »

No. He lost 9 times including twice to GSP.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #5336 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 09:39:51 PM »

Ha, shows how much attention I paid then. Did he just quit too late then?

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #5337 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 09:30:58 AM »
Jones is a PED cheat and was beat by Reyes, luckily beat a 1-legged Marreta when he came off the juice. Him and Silva shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Khabib, GSP & DJ are the 3 best of all time. Nobody else comes close, with the exception of Nunes only.

Jon Jones and Silva shouldn't be in the conversation. :lol: :lol: Everybody was on PED's. You know this, or you're either relatively new to the sport.

Half of Silva's opponents tested positive for substances. He still ran through them all.

I'll say it again. EVERYBODY was on PED's. That includes GSP.

Ha, shows how much attention I paid then. Did he just quit too late then?

You were right the first time. Matt Hughes is easily one of the greatest. He was the #1 pound for pound fighter around the time of peak GSP and BJ Penn.

It's easy to look at records and down talk a fighter. You need to look at the calibre of opponent. Matt's CV is much more stacked than the likes of Khabib.

Khabib defended the belt 3 times for f*** sake, and he beat Al Iaquinta to win it. :lol: :lol: He's not in the GOAT conversation, and it's a shame.

Online Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #5338 on: Thursday 29 October 2020, 03:04:07 PM »
Silva and Jones got popped, multiple times. GSP never did. Say what you want about his physique and all, but at the end of the day he never popped so you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Matt Hughes was a great fighter but the idea you can put him in the conversation after he lost 9 times including twice to GSP is laughable. I agree his CV is better, but at the end of the day Khabib retired 29-0, unheard of. Never lost a round, never broke a sweat. He was a machine and nobody was stopping him. His calibre of opponent is the only reason he doesn't go ahead of GSP.

If Jon wasn't on the juice I don't believe he beats DC. He was a cheat, pure and simple. As soon as he came off the juice it was so f***ing obvious, you just need to look at his latest fights. He's still only 33. Instead of languishing in the past, you should be able to see what's staring you in the face.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #5339 on: Thursday 29 October 2020, 03:16:12 PM »
There’s no way Jones was on juice for the DC fights. Pre-USADA who knows but there’s absolutely no way with all the testing now. He’s not part of some hi-tech, progressive camp he’s at Jackson Wink. The guy Dillashaw was talking up for being on a different level with sports science and nutrition, they caught them straight away with EPO. The physiques are totally different now, USADA have really stamped that out and there’s nothing to suggest to be Jones has been on anything.

I don’t particularly like him as a fighter and despite the calibre of ex-champions he’s beaten I don’t think he’s the goat over Khabib as he didn’t dominate like Khabib did over everyone.

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #5340 on: Friday 30 October 2020, 08:50:08 PM »
Jon is the GOAT. He was juicing along with everybody else. He tore apart a stacked division full of hall of famers who were all on the juice.

Fedor, Silva and GSP are up there with him. Khabib is not.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #5341 on: Friday 30 October 2020, 09:48:41 PM »
Jon is the GOAT. He was juicing along with everybody else. He tore apart a stacked division full of hall of famers who were all on the juice.

People react differently to taking drugs :lol: You can't just say that he's the best because they were all juicing. The most you can say is that his body was the better at getting the benefit from drugs than others
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #5342 on: Saturday 31 October 2020, 08:43:38 AM »

People react differently to taking drugs :lol: You can't just say that he's the best because they were all juicing. The most you can say is that his body was the better at getting the benefit from drugs than others

I mean, he's also by far the best fighter as well. :lol: The combination of his ability, fight IQ and the juice made him unstoppable.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #5343 on: Sunday 1 November 2020, 02:32:33 AM »

I think you are seriously undermining Khabib's opponents here. He's won every superbout put in front of him. Conor, Barboza, Poirier and now Gaetjhe. Tony Ferguson didn't even get in the frame despite being one of the best for the last few year.

Btw, GSP got destroyed by Johnny Hendricks, only the judges saved his stats that night. No wonder he retired on the spot.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #5344 on: Sunday 1 November 2020, 03:45:09 AM »
I believe Hendricks won that fight, but there's good arguements for why the judges went for GSP. He certainly didn't get "destroyed" :lol:

McGregor vs. Poirier is done and signed according to Dana in the post fight scrum tonight. Will be interesting to see. Winner to fight Gaetjhe for the title?
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #5345 on: Sunday 1 November 2020, 05:17:04 AM »
I believe Hendricks won that fight, but there's good arguements for why the judges went for GSP. He certainly didn't get "destroyed" :lol:

McGregor vs. Poirier is done and signed according to Dana in the post fight scrum tonight. Will be interesting to see. Winner to fight Gaetjhe for the title?

Not sure how accurate it was but I’ve read something saying Dana said Khabib is still the champ and he’s pretty confident he’ll come back for the 30-0.

He also said Adesanya v Blachowicz is on for the light weight title. It seems odd to me that one.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #5346 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 02:11:12 AM »
f*** I love the Shevchenko sisters. Haven't missed Valentina's last few fights. I'd happily let them both wreck me too.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #5347 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 07:01:06 AM »
Chuffed for Paul Craig getting another win. He seems to improve every fight. He also did a few sessions in Sunderland for this fight if I remember right.

f*** I love the Shevchenko sisters. Haven't missed Valentina's last few fights. I'd happily let them both wreck me too.

The commentators were desperate to make it sound like Maia had her in danger in the second. Super straight forward in the end.

Online gdm

• General Member
« Reply #5348 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 07:53:15 AM »
Chuffed for Paul Craig getting another win. He seems to improve every fight. He also did a few sessions in Sunderland for this fight if I remember right.

The commentators were desperate to make it sound like Maia had her in danger in the second. Super straight forward in the end.

Fun fact I used to work with him.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #5349 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 10:11:05 AM »

Fun fact I used to work with him.

He seems like a really decent bloke? He’s low-key one of my favourite UFC fighters because he never looks like he really belongs there but always finds a way to win. I’m always desperate for him to get the job done.