Author Topic: UFC - McGregor retires, accused of sexual assault  (Read 282206 times)

Offline St1pe

• General Member
Re: UFC - McGregor retires, accused of sexual assault
« Reply #5225 on: Sunday 26 July 2020, 09:10:39 AM »
Close fight, much closer than commentary seemed to suggest. Till clearly won first, Whittaker 2&3. Thought final 2 were a toss-up.

Agree! I thought the commentary was weirdly in favour for Whittaker from what I was watching. I had it 2-2 going into the last and were it not for that takedown at the end I think it would have been a coin flip of a fight. Till seemed to do the same thing he did in previous fights where he’s rushed back from an eye poke and almost immediately got taken down. I really enjoyed it though. It was a bit like a Muay Thai fight with all the slips.

I’ve got a soft spot for Paul Craig as well. He never really looks like a ufc calibre fighter but still manages to get wins.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #5226 on: Sunday 26 July 2020, 09:12:34 AM »
Love that Chimaev-guy. In two matches(less than 10min in total) he has connected 192 strikes and taken 2.

Didnt see what happened arter the Gustafssonfight. Did he retire again?

I don’t think he did but he surely will right?

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #5227 on: Sunday 26 July 2020, 12:40:26 PM »
Close fight, much closer than commentary seemed to suggest. Till clearly won first, Whittaker 2&3. Thought final 2 were a toss-up.

Agree! I thought the commentary was weirdly in favour for Whittaker from what I was watching. I had it 2-2 going into the last and were it not for that takedown at the end I think it would have been a coin flip of a fight. Till seemed to do the same thing he did in previous fights where he’s rushed back from an eye poke and almost immediately got taken down. I really enjoyed it though. It was a bit like a Muay Thai fight with all the slips.

I’ve got a soft spot for Paul Craig as well. He never really looks like a ufc calibre fighter but still manages to get wins.

:thup: Commentary was really odd. Two judges had it 2-2 going in to the 5th, the other gave Till the 5th, so pretty much as I said. Does mean those fairly innocuous takedowns at the end probably won it for Whittaker. Overall though a fight where both probably come out with their reps raised.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #5228 on: Sunday 26 July 2020, 03:24:13 PM »
Just realised Nathaniel Wood got a win last night but my BT recording started later 😐

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #5229 on: Sunday 26 July 2020, 07:45:19 PM »
Thought Till v Whitaker was an absolute masterclass in head movement, unreal some of the stuff we saw. There was no winner or loser in that fight, both came out of it with heads held high. The respect shown afterwards was great to see as well.

I didn’t think the rest of the main card was great, it was decent but didn’t blow me away. Didn’t see the prelims.

Looking forward to seeing what they have lined up for the rest of the year.
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

Online Vieu

• General Member
« Reply #5230 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 05:01:02 PM »
Chimaev has now called out the whole 170-division in less than a week. Worse than Cejudo. Called out McGregor, McG wrote "I accept"(Fergusonfight?) and Chimaev answered with "beg me".

Why the f*** does he think McGregor would fight someone unranked that wrestles? Hope Chimaev loses his next match and stfu!

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #5231 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 09:05:16 PM »
Chimaev has now called out the whole 170-division in less than a week. Worse than Cejudo. Called out McGregor, McG wrote "I accept"(Fergusonfight?) and Chimaev answered with "beg me".

Why the f*** does he think McGregor would fight someone unranked that wrestles? Hope Chimaev loses his next match and stfu!

Clearly looking for a quick ££££

Online gdm

• General Member
« Reply #5232 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 10:32:58 PM »

Dana reckons Conor was saying ‘ I accept ‘ to chimaev

Online Vieu

• General Member
« Reply #5233 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 11:11:26 PM »

Seriously? It will only be like the match against Khabib. McGregor wins nothing by taking this match.

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #5234 on: Saturday 1 August 2020, 09:00:37 AM »

Seriously? It will only be like the match against Khabib. McGregor wins nothing by taking this match.

They’re not making it.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #5235 on: Saturday 1 August 2020, 10:03:41 AM »
He was saying I accept to Pacquiao. Since he posted it again in Tagalog. :lol:

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #5236 on: Yesterday at 10:26:42 AM »
Wow Brunson shut down the Shabayzyan hype train quite convincingly in the end. I think his coach once again should take some responsibility. The lad nearly missed his stool, could barely hold himself together and got ranted at then sent back out.

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #5237 on: Yesterday at 09:39:18 PM »

He came out with a quote saying he wasn't in it for the money fights and wanted to make a difference - Khabib-type statements, then a couple of days later proceeded to call out Conor, Diaz and Masvidal. Proper rat.