Author Topic: UFC  (Read 239529 times)

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
Re: UFC etc
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 26 April 2007, 12:37:17 am »
The problem with the UFC is most of the best LHW's are in Pride. Wanderlei Silva, Shogun, Arona, Dan Henderson and Rampage has just come across.

I like Bisping, but he's pretty sloppy. Gonzaga was already ranked I think before he fought CroCop. Serra was lucky.

Agreed, mate.  Bisping get's too anxious in the cage, needs to work on his mental side of the game.  His conditioning seems
2nd to none (maybe Tito) and all round game is there, but you're right, Liddell would tear him to bits right now.  You never
know, though, anyone can beat anyone in this sport. 

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 26 April 2007, 05:47:01 pm »
Except Fedor, noone cant beat him.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 29 April 2007, 12:35:49 am »
Except Fedor, noone cant beat him.

Possibly, but they said the same about Mike Tyson.  Maybe Fedor will drop some weight and square off against Liddell (with Chuck adding some).  Fedor has lost, though, by way of TKO to Tsuyoshi Kohsaka.   

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 29 April 2007, 04:24:24 pm »
Fedor lost because of a cut. Pretty s**** way to lose tbh.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 29 April 2007, 04:26:35 pm »
Is it this where at some point one of them has to curl up on the floor and the other has to basically bum him to get him over? It got boring dead quickly when I watched it.

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 29 April 2007, 04:41:29 pm »
Some fights are boring as f***, but some are class, just like boxing.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #56 on: Monday 30 April 2007, 01:33:10 am »
Yeah, those fights are terrible. Ones that end up on the ground, but it's all a part of MMA.  I prefer watching two fighters with stand-up game, but a mix of the two can be just as entertaining.  As long as Joe Roegan is doing the commentating, he knows so much about the sport just listening to him can be entertaining.

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #57 on: Monday 30 April 2007, 03:29:57 pm »
Best fight ever is Nick Diaz vs Robbie Lawler.

Anyone who watches that and still thinks UFC is s***, is a hom.

the_guv_nor

« Reply #58 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 09:51:52 pm »
Best fight ever is Nick Diaz vs Robbie Lawler.

Anyone who watches that and still thinks UFC is s***, is a hom.

Forrest Griffin against that other guy from the ultimate fighter was a mint one like!!

UFC Is far more entertaining than boxing imo.

Offline stozo

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 27 May 2007, 11:15:25 am »
UFC 71 is on tonight on Bravo at 9pm.

It's not live so can people refrain from posting the results.

Should be a good show, I can honestly see Jackson beating Liddell. I think Liddell has become too much of a celebrity and will get cuaght out.

the_guv_nor

« Reply #60 on: Sunday 27 May 2007, 08:12:34 pm »
anyone that hasnt seen UFC before should watch this main event on Bravo, should be an excellent fight

Coubury

« Reply #61 on: Sunday 27 May 2007, 08:31:21 pm »
Im heading to UFC 72 in Belfast on the 16th June

Cant wait  :celb:

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 27 May 2007, 09:54:33 pm »
Quite the upset last night, that right hook hit like a lighting bolt on Liddell's chin.  Rampage has Chuck's number, no question.  Here's some video for those of you who missed it: http://video.nbcsports.com/player/?id=112030

Watch the interviews with Rampage, pretty funny stuff. 

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #63 on: Monday 28 May 2007, 02:21:49 am »
Best UFC I've ever seen like.

Offline stozo

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Monday 28 May 2007, 10:05:02 am »
If anybody wants to see the fights they are on again tonight on Bravo and they are also uploaded onto dailymotion.

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #65 on: Monday 28 May 2007, 12:54:20 pm »
Houston Alexander vs Michael Bisping, would be good craic.

Rampage is hard as f***.

Offline stozo

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Monday 28 May 2007, 01:14:41 pm »
Houston Alexander vs Michael Bisping, would be good craic.

Rampage is hard as f***.
The Alexander/Jardine fight was f***ing awesome. Alexander vs Bisping would be class, hopefully it would be on the London card in September.

Offline stozo

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Monday 28 May 2007, 01:16:25 pm »
Don't think this has been posted in here yet but UFC will be coming to London in September. Will be in the O2 arena.

Only fighter penciled in so far is Bisping.

the_guv_nor

« Reply #68 on: Monday 28 May 2007, 03:00:37 pm »
Some great fights last night, shame about the main event... was over way to quick.
The s*** thing about bravo is, you knew that the main fight could only be 1-2 rounds as it didnt start till about 11.45 and the program finished at 12!!!

Offline stozo

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 29 May 2007, 08:43:59 pm »
Should be a good show, I can honestly see Jackson beating Liddell. I think Liddell has become too much of a celebrity and will get cuaght out.
Looks like I was right on both counts. Various UFC sites have pictures and reports that Liddell was out clubbing in Vegas on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights the week of the fight and was at the clubs until atleast 2/3am each night. If this is the case then Liddell deserved to get knocked out. If I were Dana White I'd be having words as well, pretty stupid to be out partying the week of one of the biggest fights in UFC history. 

graemeh72

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday 29 May 2007, 10:48:52 pm »
I don't believe in Aliens or UFOs for that matter

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 30 May 2007, 02:50:04 pm »
I don't believe in Aliens or UFOs for that matter

Really?  That's surprising, cause your face looks like Uranus.   :razz:

ZING!

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 30 May 2007, 02:53:55 pm »
Looks like I was right on both counts. Various UFC sites have pictures and reports that Liddell was out clubbing in Vegas on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights the week of the fight and was at the clubs until atleast 2/3am each night. If this is the case then Liddell deserved to get knocked out. If I were Dana White I'd be having words as well, pretty stupid to be out partying the week of one of the biggest fights in UFC history. 

Links?   I dunno, depends what he was doing.  If he got enough rest, I don't see the big deal.  Didn't stop Georgie Best, did it?

Still, I see your point, Chuck fell guilty to his own hype.  Which is deserved hype, but he should have been weary of it. 

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 30 May 2007, 03:08:07 pm »
Liddel had a bit of a gut on him. Didn't look in shape at all.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 30 May 2007, 05:29:10 pm »
Meh, you guys are making too much of this.  I'm sure he didn't do anything out of the ordinary before this fight.  He got caught with a hook square on the chin, it could happen to anyone.