Author Topic: UFC - McGregor retires, accused of sexual assault  (Read 267983 times)

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
Re: UFC - McGregor retires, accused of sexual assault
« Reply #4925 on: Monday 13 January 2020, 05:58:43 PM »
Should probably change the thread title seeing as he's fighting in a few days. :lol:
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #4926 on: Monday 13 January 2020, 06:18:53 PM »
I hope McGregor wins convincingly. I like Cowboy too but a loss doesn't mean much to him compared to Connor. There's are a ton of exciting fights on the horizon if McGregor wins but I'm not sure what exciting fights there are for Cowboy that we haven't seen before if he wins. I have a feeling that Cowboy will win though. He'll rock McGregor, take him to the ground and choke him out. Size difference looks pretty big. It's basically a natural welter weight against a small light weight.

Everyone thinks I’m mad but that’s how I see it going as well.

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #4927 on: Monday 13 January 2020, 06:40:05 PM »
5/1 for a Cerrone submission.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4928 on: Tuesday 14 January 2020, 06:40:42 AM »
You're basically betting on whether or not McGregor is done. If McGregor is even 50% of what he was then Cerrone hasn't a hope in hell and you all know it. Complete mismatch on the feet and Cerrone isn't going to go to the ground.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #4929 on: Tuesday 14 January 2020, 10:24:01 AM »
I really wanna watch the Conor fight but in work early for overtime on Sunday.

Still might just buy the PPV and sleep for 2 hours  :lol:

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #4930 on: Tuesday 14 January 2020, 03:01:25 PM »
You're basically betting on whether or not McGregor is done. If McGregor is even 50% of what he was then Cerrone hasn't a hope in hell and you all know it. Complete mismatch on the feet and Cerrone isn't going to go to the ground.

I think you underestimate the height, weight and cardio advantage Cerrone has over McGregor. Even if he isn't going to the ground (which I don't think McGregor should rule out as a possibility that Cerrone might do) he would be wise to clinch with McGregor, force him up to the cage and try to tire him out. If Cerrone survives the first round he has a good chance of winning regardless of what kind of McGregor shows up.
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4931 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 06:29:53 AM »

I think you underestimate the height, weight and cardio advantage Cerrone has over McGregor. Even if he isn't going to the ground (which I don't think McGregor should rule out as a possibility that Cerrone might do) he would be wise to clinch with McGregor, force him up to the cage and try to tire him out. If Cerrone survives the first round he has a good chance of winning regardless of what kind of McGregor shows up.

Nah. Cerrone isn't elite. McGregor is, or at least was, hence the 50% comment. Cerrone had height, weight, reach advantages over the likes of RDA, Pettis, Gaethje etc. and got KO'd by them all.

There's a bit of emphasis being put on the 170 weight, but lets be realistic here, Cerrone is a blown up lightweight and was terrible at Welterweight. His only wins at Welterweight were against middle of the road, undersized fighters at that weight. His best win at Welterweight is probably Rick Story ffs.

So in my opinion, if McGregor is performing anywhere near the level he was against vs. Diaz in their second fight, he wins this with relative ease. He has a reach advantage and Cerrone has shown he can't take a shot to the chin. He's been crumpled by lesser fighters who don't hit as hard as McGregor.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #4932 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 08:59:34 AM »
I hope you're right :lol: Tempted to put a small bet on Cerrone to cushion the dissapointment in case my feeling turns out to be right.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4933 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 09:00:17 AM »
I hope you're right :lol: Tempted to put a small bet on Cerrone to cushion the dissapointment in case my feeling turns out to be right.

:lol: That's what I'm doing in case I'm wrong.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #4934 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 12:20:47 PM »
Conor should win, but if he's done too much drinking/coke, he can defo lose IMO.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Only $50 pm
« Reply #4935 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 01:41:31 PM »

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #4936 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 02:12:44 PM »
Nah. Cerrone isn't elite.

Is Nate Diaz?

It's always difficult to judge the level of a fighter as they faced opponents at various different stages of their careers. Claiming Cerrone was bad at 170 because the best fighter he beat there was Rick Story isn't saying much without context because his wins when you look further into it are actually quite impressive imo.

At the time Story was on a 3 fight win streak, beating the likes of Gunnar Nelson who was unbeaten at that time. Cerrone also beat Patrick Cote who had moved down from middleweight and was on a 2 fight win streak in that division. Cote moved down following a win at middleweight where he previously was in title contention, losing to the best fighter in the world at that time. Cote was a big welter weight.

Cerrone also has a near perfect kick boxing record of 28 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses.

Despite his recent losses I'd still say Cerrone is elite.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4937 on: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 02:14:08 PM »
Nah. Cerrone isn't elite.

Is Nate Diaz?

I don't think so, but he has a granite chin. Cerrone does not.

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #4938 on: Thursday 16 January 2020, 02:18:57 AM »
Cerrone probably has one eye on retirement. He won’t get a pay day like this again. Win or lose I’d say he’s done after this or the next one or two fights. He’ll make more money from this fight than he has in his whole career to this point, he’s a fairly simple guy in terms of his lifestyle. It would certainly be enough to keep him going for many years.

With that in mind, he’ll want to get out of this with as little damage as possible. So how focussed can he really be on winning?
Minge Tingles

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #4939 on: Thursday 16 January 2020, 09:28:16 AM »
No way he's looking at retirement and not focused on winning this fight. He's an active fighter, he absolutely loves fighting and before losses to 2 elite competitors in Tony and Gaethje, he'd put together a streak against some decent opponents. He wants to fight, he wants to win, he wants to improve his record for most wins in UFC history and he wants to make some cash. I don't think anything in his mindset has changed for this.

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #4940 on: Thursday 16 January 2020, 10:00:38 AM »
Someone change the goddamn title ffs  :lol:
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4941 on: Thursday 16 January 2020, 11:37:09 AM »

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #4942 on: Saturday 18 January 2020, 12:00:16 PM »
What time is the main event likely to start then? I’ve read 5 and I’ve read 6.
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #4943 on: Saturday 18 January 2020, 02:13:00 PM »

Main card is on tv at 3am, but there's only 5 fights on the main card now the strawweight fight has been pulled (unless they're moving a prelim fight up?).

I'm thinking of setting an alarm for 4:30; can't imagine the 4 fights before it taking more than 90 mins including pre and post build up etc.

Online tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #4944 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 12:46:49 AM »

Main card is on tv at 3am, but there's only 5 fights on the main card now the strawweight fight has been pulled (unless they're moving a prelim fight up?).

I'm thinking of setting an alarm for 4:30; can't imagine the 4 fights before it taking more than 90 mins including pre and post build up etc.

If it starts before 5 il drop my pants
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Only $50 pm
« Reply #4945 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 04:17:43 AM »

This is seeming bold. If Holm/Pennington is a early KO you're in trouble.

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #4946 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 04:37:07 AM »
The video truck scrambling to get a clip show going to waste a few minutes 😂
Minge Tingles

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #4947 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 04:58:03 AM »

This is seeming bold. If Holm/Pennington is a early KO you're in trouble.

I WISH!!! What a boring fight. Holm desperate for a win, Pennington stupid af initiating clinch against the cage after being pushed up against it for two straight rounds. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Only $50 pm
« Reply #4948 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 05:01:05 AM »
Yeah wasn't great... I wish to go to bed. Hurry up Cowboy. Knock that potato out.

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #4949 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 05:12:18 AM »
It’s been a s*** ppv so far. An upset here would be great but I’d nearly prefer to see him getting murdered by Masvidal who won’t look to get a submission.
Minge Tingles