Author Topic: UFC - McGregor retires, accused of sexual assault  (Read 257829 times)

Offline St1pe

• General Member
Re: UFC - McGregor retires, accused of sexual assault
« Reply #4825 on: Sunday 8 September 2019, 01:19:23 pm »
Didn’t McGregor say in the Helwani interview that the ufc were trying to line up him v Gaethje earlier this year but McGregor broke something?

I’m actually sick of his s*** now and his constant outside commentary when he’s clearly finished because of whatever he gets up to (if rumours are to be believed). That said i’d love to see him come back and fight someone like that or Cerrone.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #4826 on: Sunday 8 September 2019, 03:55:44 pm »
Didn’t McGregor say in the Helwani interview that the ufc were trying to line up him v Gaethje earlier this year but McGregor broke something?

Aye

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #4827 on: Sunday 8 September 2019, 04:01:05 pm »
Conor would do well to stick to the drink and gear, absolutely no chance he gets close to Khabib.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #4828 on: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 01:46:34 pm »
UFC244 shaping up to be a hell of a card. Probably no doubt it's going to be made into a PPV.

Diaz v Masvidal
Johnny Walker & Derrick Lewis back
Till v Gastelum
Wonderboy v Luque

Still more to be added and I'd imagine there needs to be a title fight of some sorts in there, as class as Diaz v Masvidal is I can't imagine it staying as the main event.

Online Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #4829 on: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 02:23:39 pm »
Dana White has gone out and said that Diaz vs Masvidal will be a PPV main event, and that they will never put a non-title match above a title match on a card, so I wouldn't expect there to be one on that card.
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #4830 on: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 05:05:49 pm »
Dana White says a lot of things though. I actually don't recall the last time I seen a non-title fight headlining a main event (outside of a fight night ofc).

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #4831 on: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 07:10:23 pm »
They're doing a one-off belt for Masvidal/Diaz. Been confirmed to headline, Till confirmed as the co-headline.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4832 on: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 07:16:19 pm »
Dana White says a lot of things though. I actually don't recall the last time I seen a non-title fight headlining a main event (outside of a fight night ofc).

Probably Diaz/McGregor 2

Offline nemtizz

• General Member
« Reply #4833 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 02:11:57 am »
Michel Pereira is a mad man. 

Offline Corrigan

• General Member
« Reply #4834 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 02:23:53 am »
A fool more like :lol:

Offline Corrigan

• General Member
« Reply #4835 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 02:24:32 am »
Going on like he's doing gymnastics practice in the first round and gassing himself .

Offline Corrigan

• General Member
« Reply #4836 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 02:26:05 am »
How the below picture can even be a thing :lol:

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #4837 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 03:34:07 am »
That was brilliant, showboating whopper. :lol:

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #4838 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 10:41:14 am »
How come the fight night is blacked out on the UFC pass?!
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #4839 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 01:51:02 pm »
McGregor to fight this December in Dublin apparently. Truly hope he gets humiliated.

Online Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #4840 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 02:04:11 pm »
I hope he really has changed, and comes back at least close to his best, hopefully better, but then again I'm not an MMA purist that values sportsmanship, respect and honor that much. MMA/UFC with a peak McGregor talking smack is way more entertaining than it is now.

Most likely he's all talk, comes back just for the pay check and is as bad if not worse than he was against Khabib and gets humiliated.

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #4841 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 02:06:53 pm »
McGregor to fight this December in Dublin apparently. Truly hope he gets humiliated.

Apart from him saying "I want to fight in Dublin in December" has anything actually been said about this?

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #4842 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 02:24:12 pm »

Apart from him saying "I want to fight in Dublin in December" has anything actually been said about this?

Think people are just jumping on this tweet

?s=21

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #4843 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 06:58:57 pm »
I hope he really has changed, and comes back at least close to his best, hopefully better, but then again I'm not an MMA purist that values sportsmanship, respect and honor that much. MMA/UFC with a peak McGregor talking smack is way more entertaining than it is now.

Most likely he's all talk, comes back just for the pay check and is as bad if not worse than he was against Khabib and gets humiliated.

From what has been widespread about his antics the fella deserves the worst.

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #4844 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 08:49:27 pm »
There's already a UFC card in Vegas on the same date with Amanda Nunes.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4845 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 11:03:57 pm »

I would have thought that Khabibs recent fight showed McGregor was anything but bad against him. Its the best performance anyone has ever had against Khabib, and he remains the only fighter to even win a round against him.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #4846 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 11:34:34 pm »
Gaethje would be an interesting fight. Khabib would kill him (again).

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #4847 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 11:42:59 pm »

I would have thought that Khabibs recent fight showed McGregor was anything but bad against him. Its the best performance anyone has ever had against Khabib, and he remains the only fighter to even win a round against him.

I agree. Righting off McGregor is ridiculous. I know he hasn’t had many fights in 3 years but his last ufc fight before the khabib fight he went up a weightclass to win a title and khabib is probably the hardest fight he could have had

The big question is his will to fight/win now

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4848 on: Tuesday 17 September 2019, 08:41:03 am »
Gaethje would be an interesting fight. Khabib would kill him (again).

Unless he's completely shot he would pick Gaethje apart.

He has no chance against Khabib. I used to think if he landed the left he'd have a chance but at this point I'm fairly sure Khabib just laughs everything off. :lol:

Online Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #4849 on: Tuesday 17 September 2019, 10:47:20 am »

I agree. Righting off McGregor is ridiculous. I know he hasn’t had many fights in 3 years but his last ufc fight before the khabib fight he went up a weightclass to win a title and khabib is probably the hardest fight he could have had

The big question is his will to fight/win now

Did he really win the round that he won though? Haven't seen the fight back after it happend, but I can't remember ever feeling that McGregor won a round. I know he did on the score card, but we all know how inaccurate representation of a round they can be. Also felt he looked much stiffer and slow than before, and gassed earlier than he usually does. I don't really know, it just didn't look or feel like the same McGregor that won the light weight title. Leading up to the fight as well he just didn't seem like his normal self. Sluggish, fumbling with words etc.