Author Topic: UFC - McGregor retires, accused of sexual assault  (Read 249416 times)

Offline Tisd09

• General Member
Re: UFC - McGregor retires, accused of sexual assault
« Reply #4725 on: Monday 10 June 2019, 01:59:36 pm »
I just tried to cancel, the pointed out the fact that I still had a year left to run. It was news to the person I was talking to apparently? He left me holding for approx 10 minutes to speak to a manager, they came back and told me that it is a one off. I pushed back and said I can't see that and that it will be used as a marker. Also pointed out that no doubt if Conor makes a comeback that will be box office. They had no real answer for me. I've made a formal complaint but it is as it stands. Seems the bluster of people saying they are going to cancel on twitter seems just bluster at the moment.
"Now who ya gonna run to?"

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #4726 on: Tuesday 11 June 2019, 07:36:21 pm »
What a f***ing joke, was not aware of this either.  I really hope this completely bombs and they realise how f***ing stupid this decision is.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #4727 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 05:24:35 am »
That's a dreadful decision from them. Only people who are diehard UFC will be buying those monthly and even then people will try an IPTV stream or something first. They will obviously cash in on the likes of McGregor fighting but that'll be it. Shame really because I feel like the popularity of the sport was rising massively here and a lot of that is surely because you could watch it at no extra cost?