Author Topic: UFC  (Read 239124 times)

Offline samptime29

• General Member
Re: UFC
« Reply #4525 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 08:00:03 am »
Jacare vs Weidman was excellent last night; DC vs Lewis went completely as expected.

Yeah that Jacare/Weidman fight was fantastic. Cormier has had a tremendous year. 3 big stoppage wins out of 3.

Offline Odin

• General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #4526 on: Tuesday 6 November 2018, 02:08:37 am »
Instead of losing DJ and bringing in Askren - which goes to prove nothing else but how utterly desperate Dana is to find someone to dethrone Woodley IMO - they need to move hermaphrodite Cris Cyborg into the blokes FW division.

Nah, Askren and Woodley are best friends and have repeatedly said they’d never fight each other. They train together as well.

Askren is hoping Woodley moves to a different weight division. Or if they make some changes and have 165/175/185 pound divisions.

Given his age is seems highly unlikely he’ll ever see that, but man would that open up opportunities. Askren v Khabib or GSP at 165!?
Minge Tingles

Offline henke

• General Member
« Reply #4527 on: Tuesday 6 November 2018, 07:26:17 am »
Just seen fight night London announced for next march. What's the best way to get tickets, and avoid being completely bummed like last time?

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #4528 on: Sunday 11 November 2018, 06:22:31 am »
Anyone else watch that? Most mental finish I've ever seen. :lol:
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4529 on: Sunday 11 November 2018, 10:13:18 am »
Never seen anything like it. :lol:
"This is a new currency and payment network built by ex-PayPal guys, called Initiative Q. The Q currency is currently being allocated for free if you are invited by an existing member.
The idea is that if millions of people join, Q could become a leading payment network, and, according to well-known economic models, that means the value of the reward would be around $130,000.
The amount you reserve decreases every day, and each member has a limited number of invites. You can use my invite link here:
https://initiativeq.com/invite/BEi7Ix0sQ
(Don’t worry. No funny stuff. You just need to give your name and email and your spot is reserved)."

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #4530 on: Sunday 11 November 2018, 12:13:18 pm »
:lol: The method of finishing it and the timing of it would have both separately been amazing in their own right. Combination of them's just insane.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #4531 on: Sunday 11 November 2018, 08:18:13 pm »
Even more amazing when Yair was apparently behind on 2 of the 3 scorecards. :lol: Phenomenal main event and yet another FOTN contender, late stoppage or no.

For me it probably goes:

Romero v Whittaker 2
TKZ v Rodriguez
Poirier - Gaethje
Ferguson - Pettis

Offline nemtizz

• General Member
« Reply #4532 on: Monday 12 November 2018, 02:26:25 am »

Ridiculous.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #4533 on: Tuesday 20 November 2018, 05:49:01 pm »

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #4534 on: Saturday 24 November 2018, 10:11:55 am »
Was browsing PS Store yesterday, saw 10% off Liddell vs Ortiz 3 PPV for £8.10.

I've purchased it, big fan of Filthy Tom Lawlor, so wanna see his first fight in years.

Perfect price point, wouldn't have paid for it, if it was £10.

I'm out toneet until 2am, so good timing to watch this when I get back.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4535 on: Saturday 24 November 2018, 10:38:34 am »
f***ing hell it's been two and a half years since Lawlor fought. Feel like that fight was yesterday. :lol:

Be tempted to buy that s*** fest for £8 myself. :lol:
"This is a new currency and payment network built by ex-PayPal guys, called Initiative Q. The Q currency is currently being allocated for free if you are invited by an existing member.
The idea is that if millions of people join, Q could become a leading payment network, and, according to well-known economic models, that means the value of the reward would be around $130,000.
The amount you reserve decreases every day, and each member has a limited number of invites. You can use my invite link here:
(Don’t worry. No funny stuff. You just need to give your name and email and your spot is reserved)."

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #4536 on: Saturday 24 November 2018, 11:10:57 am »
f***ing hell it's been two and a half years since Lawlor fought. Feel like that fight was yesterday. :lol:

Be tempted to buy that s*** fest for £8 myself. :lol:

Yeah, I think the price is fair enough in the UK for a novelty purchase.

Silly in North America though, it's $40. Should be $25, they'd get a lot more buys at that price point.
« Last Edit: Saturday 24 November 2018, 02:49:23 pm by samptime29 »

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #4537 on: Saturday 24 November 2018, 01:21:24 pm »
Wins for the Reem and Ngannou in the first rounds.

Ngannou sparked Blaydes clean out inside 45 secs, I'm surprised Marc Goddard let that go after the first dig. Glad to see Blaydes get beat as well, his fights are boring as f***.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #4538 on: Sunday 25 November 2018, 04:00:20 pm »
Well that was a painful watch. How the f*** did this get sanctioned.
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #4539 on: Sunday 25 November 2018, 04:29:35 pm »
Chuck Vs CM Punk next.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4540 on: Sunday 25 November 2018, 04:38:12 pm »

$

Offline Odin

• General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #4541 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 01:47:47 am »

It was a total disgrace. Even the knockout punch didn’t look like it would have ordinarily done that much damage to a healthy fighter.

Ortiz must be a special kind of asshole to think finishing your career like that is going out on a high.
Minge Tingles

Online Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #4542 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 12:55:58 pm »

It was a total disgrace. Even the knockout punch didn’t look like it would have ordinarily done that much damage to a healthy fighter.

Ortiz must be a special kind of asshole to think finishing your career like that is going out on a high.

Didn't Chuck get knocked out in like his last 6 fights with the UFC? Guy looks like he's brain-damaged anyway. Mental that the site was sanctioned.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #4543 on: Monday 26 November 2018, 10:13:32 pm »
https://deadspin.com/seriously-how-the-f***-did-anyone-let-chuck-liddell-fi-1830659650

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #4544 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 08:17:49 pm »

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #4545 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 08:18:43 pm »
(getting tired of the MMA world like)

Offline Lotus

• General Member
« Reply #4546 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 03:53:02 pm »
Should be a good fight tonight.

Heart says T City, head says Max.
The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom, but to set a limit to infinite error.

Online Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #4547 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 04:06:26 pm »

Ortega for me.

Online Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #4548 on: Yesterday at 09:13:35 am »

Ortega for me.

Huge win for Max that. Very dominant

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #4549 on: Yesterday at 09:26:49 am »
Ortega showing some serious heart to last as long as he did; he was getting lit up the entire fight.

Surely Holloway has to move up to lightweight now?