Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 382817 times)

Pata and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Hollibobs
« Reply #7825 on: Wednesday 8 July 2020, 03:00:22 PM »
La Mezquita was stunning and absolutely worth a visit. Old Cordoba is nice enough to walk around in, but small. Can’t say I saw much of the rest of the city, but you’re probably better off spending more time in Sevilla.

Granada was my favorite of the spots we hit. Could spend days meandering through the Albaicin. And the city itself is lovely.

I also really enjoyed Malaga and wish I had spent more time there.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7826 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 04:05:46 PM »
I’ve got flights booked to Spain at the very end of August but have already written it off as going to happen.

Flight out has been cancelled now. Annoyingly my flight back probably won’t be so I’ll still lose out on that.

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #7827 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 05:07:22 PM »
I’ve got flights booked to Spain at the very end of August but have already written it off as going to happen.

Flight out has been cancelled now. Annoyingly my flight back probably won’t be so I’ll still lose out on that.

This was mentioned on that Martin Lewis thing last night. Did you book both flights at same time, i.e. as a return flights booking?

If so, then you can ask them to refund both flights. If they refuse, there is something you can chase them on, as the outgoing flight is cancelled so naturally you wont be able to take the return flight.

If however you booked each flight separately, then you'll probably lose out.
Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7828 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 05:11:58 PM »

This was mentioned on that Martin Lewis thing last night. Did you book both flights at same time, i.e. as a return flights booking?

If so, then you can ask them to refund both flights. If they refuse, there is something you can chase them on, as the outgoing flight is cancelled so naturally you wont be able to take the return flight.

If however you booked each flight separately, then you'll probably lose out.

They're with different airlines unfortunately so I'll lose out unless that ends up being cancelled n all. Was expecting to lose out on all of it anyway so getting a £100+ back is quite welcome.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #7829 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 06:15:12 PM »
My flight from PHL to France next month got cancelled. Requested a refund from Lufthansa.... *crickets*

Gonna be laughs chasing this up. Any great hints/tips!?

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #7830 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 06:20:13 PM »
Di you pay on a credit card?

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #7831 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 06:22:28 PM »
My flight from PHL to France next month got cancelled. Requested a refund from Lufthansa.... *crickets*

You're an UK citizen still, so use EU 264.  The flight was operated by a European airline to frighten them.  Might need to wait for the German government bailout money to arrive though.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #7832 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 06:39:10 PM »

Yes. AMEX. I could try them.

You're an UK citizen still, so use EU 264.  The flight was operated by a European airline to frighten them.  Might need to wait for the German government bailout money to arrive though.

But that would require me to actually be able to contact them. I'm not spending two hours waiting on the phone.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #7833 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 06:40:04 PM »

Yes. AMEX. I could try them.

But that would require me to actually be able to contact them. I'm not spending two hours waiting on the phone.
I'd do the amex option then.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • now and forever, like CATS
« Reply #7834 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 06:41:11 PM »
AMEX are usually fantastic about that kind of stuff tbh. If you have plat or a small business card with them they'll bend over backwards to help.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Sacramento, California
« Reply #7835 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 06:43:17 PM »

If you go on Lufthansa's facebook, every single comment is someone complaining that they can't get a refund.  I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #7836 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 06:47:21 PM »
Aye I've googled it. Reckon they're going down the shitter unless Angela hooks em up.

It's been 10 days since they cancelled the flight and I requested a refund. Do we think that's an "appropriate amount of time" for a refund? (in the knowledge they're definitely not going to refund me anytime soon, if at all).

AMEX's attempt to get me to not moan says:

COVID-19 update : We understand that these are challenging times. Contacting a merchant directly is usually the fastest way to resolve a dispute. Many merchants have special cancelation and refund policies related to COVID-19 that may apply to your transaction, to check if you are due a refund or a credit , please visit the merchant website for more details. If you contacted the merchant and they agreed to a refund or a credit , please wait for an appropriate amount of time as businesses are dealing with unexpectedly high volumes. You may continue to open the dispute if you are unable to contact the merchant or resolve the dispute with them. Please be advised, if the merchant has already refunded , or provided or is offering to provide a credit for future use, we will rebill the charge to you account. Do you wish to continue?

YAY/NAY

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Sacramento, California
« Reply #7837 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 06:54:35 PM »
I'm flying San Francisco to Heathrow in a couple of weeks.  Should be fun.  Have no idea how many people will be on the plane, but at least MAGA t***s won't be flying internationally.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #7838 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 07:49:11 PM »
Aye I've googled it. Reckon they're going down the shitter unless Angela hooks em up.

It's been 10 days since they cancelled the flight and I requested a refund. Do we think that's an "appropriate amount of time" for a refund? (in the knowledge they're definitely not going to refund me anytime soon, if at all).

AMEX's attempt to get me to not moan says:

COVID-19 update : We understand that these are challenging times. Contacting a merchant directly is usually the fastest way to resolve a dispute. Many merchants have special cancelation and refund policies related to COVID-19 that may apply to your transaction, to check if you are due a refund or a credit , please visit the merchant website for more details. If you contacted the merchant and they agreed to a refund or a credit , please wait for an appropriate amount of time as businesses are dealing with unexpectedly high volumes. You may continue to open the dispute if you are unable to contact the merchant or resolve the dispute with them. Please be advised, if the merchant has already refunded , or provided or is offering to provide a credit for future use, we will rebill the charge to you account. Do you wish to continue?

YAY/NAY

4/6 months going by my employer.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • now and forever, like CATS
« Reply #7839 on: Yesterday at 08:54:41 PM »

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #7840 on: Today at 03:47:42 PM »
Thinking of having a few days in Cornwall as never spent any time there before. Any tips etc from those who’ve been?