Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 992605 times)

Online neesy111

• General Member
Re: Facebook
« Reply #15800 on: Thursday 10 December 2020, 09:17:16 PM »
Here we go:

Good to see, think this has cross party support as well.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #15801 on: Thursday 10 December 2020, 09:18:43 PM »
Seen a few people speculate that they’ll be forced to divest from Instagram and WhatsApp, at least.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #15802 on: Thursday 10 December 2020, 10:59:21 PM »
Seen a few people speculate that they’ll be forced to divest from Instagram and WhatsApp, at least.

Isn't that what happened with Microsoft to some degree? It was split up to stop it being so powerful/a monopoly or something. Won't pretend to know the details, but have often wondered why similar hasn't happened to this generation of megacorp. Excuse my ignorance if just completely wrong. :aww:
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #15803 on: Thursday 10 December 2020, 11:05:24 PM »

Isn't that what happened with Microsoft to some degree? It was split up to stop it being so powerful/a monopoly or something. Won't pretend to know the details, but have often wondered why similar hasn't happened to this generation of megacorp. Excuse my ignorance if just completely wrong. :aww:

Nah, microsoft wasn't split up after appeal.  Just needed to open up apps to 3rd party devs etc.  The case against them was very weak tbh.

EU did much better at forcing Microsoft to do stuff e.g.  Browsers, office etc.  EU generally do much better at forcing tech companies into new ways.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #15804 on: Thursday 10 December 2020, 11:07:59 PM »
Amazing the things you think you know. I've probably spent the last 15 years thinking what I said had happened. :lol:

Cheers, Nees. :blush: :thup:
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #15805 on: Thursday 10 December 2020, 11:11:30 PM »
Amazing the things you think you know. I've probably spent the last 15 years thinking what I said had happened. [emoji38]

I still thought that until last year, so it's fine.  It actually did force Microsoft to change their ways in terms of buying the competition etc.  Also would say out of all the biggest tech companies they are easily the most responsible and ethical nowadays compared to Amazon, Apple.  Satya Nadella is a very good CEO imo.

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #15806 on: Friday 11 December 2020, 07:21:56 AM »
Amazing the things you think you know. I've probably spent the last 15 years thinking what I said had happened. :lol:

Speaking truth to stupid since 2005, eh?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #15807 on: Friday 11 December 2020, 08:03:20 AM »
:bluf:

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #15808 on: Friday 11 December 2020, 08:17:23 AM »
Just teasing.

:rose:

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #15809 on: Friday 11 December 2020, 08:24:44 AM »

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Yeah well that's your opinion
« Reply #15810 on: Wednesday 16 December 2020, 01:14:12 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/britain-eu-facebook-exclusive-idUSKBN28P2HH

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Facebook Inc will shift all its users in the United Kingdom into user agreements with the corporate headquarters in California, moving them out of their current relationship with Facebook’s Irish unit and out of reach of Europe’s privacy laws.
I hope we're all off it by now, if not please please consider. Absolute garbage company.
Nah f*** this, worst poster nominations are back.
One year I deliberately made no posts in the general chat thread so I couldn’t be nominated for it, I still f***ing won.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #15811 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 12:44:17 AM »
Screenshot-20210104-003301-Facebook-2" border="0

:lol:

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #15812 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 11:58:55 AM »
Screenshot-20210104-003301-Facebook-2" border="0

:lol:
I knew it, BLM organised this whole thing!

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #15813 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 12:10:27 PM »
So weird - my guess is that the Venn diagram of BLM supporters and Brexit supporters doesn’t have much of an overlap.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #15814 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 12:26:34 PM »
That's what they voted for.....
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #15815 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 01:52:12 PM »
Once again, it's odd that those who are the most vocal English patriots, also struggle to spell words in English.
There must be a term for this.

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #15816 on: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 01:43:03 AM »
Once again, it's odd that those who are the most vocal English patriots, also struggle to spell words in English.
There must be a term for this.

Gammons
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #15817 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 02:51:47 AM »
My dad added me to this closed group 'English football in the 70s'. It's got some good nostalgia and pics of old grounds but fuuuuck some of the comments, man. :anguish: I mean, obviously a group like that is always gonna be "when men were men" central, but some of the casual/overt racism is typically depressing.

BLM is a Marxist extremist group. All lives matter would be a better headline. If racism is so bad how come there is so many coloured players at all levels of the game.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #15818 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 12:50:29 PM »
My dad added me to this closed group 'English football in the 70s'. It's got some good nostalgia and pics of old grounds but fuuuuck some of the comments, man. :anguish: I mean, obviously a group like that is always gonna be "when men were men" central, but some of the casual/overt racism is typically depressing.

BLM is a Marxist extremist group. All lives matter would be a better headline. If racism is so bad how come there is so many coloured players at all levels of the game.

The Rupert Murdoch 'off-the-peg' unthinking and casual bollocks of The Sun in the 70s.
My dad used to bring it from work, and my mam would throw it in the bin.