Author Topic: Do you Podcast?  (Read 8132 times)

Online STM

• General Member
Re: Do you Podcast?
« Reply #175 on: Thursday 1 October 2020, 02:35:32 PM »
Does it definitely cost, the thing you want to listen to? Most (all?) Spotify-only podcasts are free I think, you just have to use their app to listen to them.

Ah, thanks for the tip. Presumed it was a pay for thing. I will check that out.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #176 on: Thursday 1 October 2020, 03:07:57 PM »
Yeah, it's mainly the premium apps like Luminary and Audible that are paid-for. You can get Spotify for free but it has ads and limited control over music.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #177 on: Thursday 1 October 2020, 03:49:58 PM »
Mine are free. No comment on quality 🤪

www.brianstormers.net podcast network

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #178 on: Thursday 1 October 2020, 04:24:12 PM »
Anyone else listen to Gossipmongers? Since Poppy Hillstead tweeted why she's not on the podcast anymore they've started blocking fans calling them out on Twitter. Shame to have it confirmed the reason Joe Wilkinson is so good at playing a prick is because he actually is one. Didn't even really know who David Earl was.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/09/14/46903/ousted_from_her_own_podcast!
It's shocking what they have done, not listened in principle. Really liked the show too, the other bloke that wasn't Joe wasn't bringing much to the table. I like her new podcast Poppy Hill has entered the chat. It's enjoyably random
Bearings Straight!

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
« Reply #179 on: Thursday 1 October 2020, 04:26:01 PM »
The new art is naff too

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #180 on: Thursday 15 October 2020, 07:49:54 PM »
Anyone listen Redbar? Feel like it’s the next big thing. Just became a member of the Scars Club after he ran Joey Diaz, Bryan Callen and Chris D’Ellia off the podcast scene.

This was incredible.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
« Reply #181 on: Saturday 17 October 2020, 10:35:50 AM »
?s=21

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #182 on: Monday 19 October 2020, 11:46:40 AM »
Found this one the other day:
https://deadline.com/2020/07/smartless-podcast-n-bateman-will-arnett-sean-hayes-1202979210/

Jason Bateman, Will Arnett and Sean Hayes chatting to a random guest.

Horrifically bad ad-reads asside I'm enjoying the couple of eps I've caught so far. It's a "Guest of the week" style so it seems very easy to just pick and choose what episodes you fancy without fear of missing out on any running jokes or anything.

I started with the Robert Downey Jr ep and was really surprised to see how deep they got (as well as how willing hey are to take the p*ss out of their own issues) and how candid they are about some stuff. I'd never realised Will Arnett had a big drinking problem and is good mates with RDJ because they're in recovery together. Jason Batemen appears to have real issues with his parents and money from being in films and TV very young.

RDJ talking about trying to trick his dad into appearing in a documentary about his life was great.

So far they've had people like Seth Rogan, Kamala Harris , Will Ferrell, Jennifer Aniston, Adam Sandler and a few others.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday 21 October 2020, 09:30:44 AM »
Cheers I'll check that out.
Bearings Straight!

Offline wormy

• General Member
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday 21 October 2020, 09:45:05 AM »
Been meaning to start listening to these from the start. Only a handful in but really good. Their friendship really shines through the way they bounce off each other and the guests have fit seamlessly in to that so far.

Offline Facundo Ferreyra

• General Member
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday 21 October 2020, 03:55:43 PM »
Just finishing S-Town. Christ, I didn't expect this to go where it did.

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
« Reply #186 on: Thursday 22 October 2020, 03:10:06 PM »
Gardeners question time is life.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #187 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 07:07:17 AM »
Comes as absolutely no surprise but Kanye West spent 3 hours talking a load of s*** on Joe Rogan.