Author Topic: St. James' Park  (Read 1167988 times)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
Re: St. James' Park
« Reply #11775 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 02:56:31 pm »
Town moor is fine.

If all the freemen get personally rich off it, I'm in.

Offline manorpark

• General Member
« Reply #11776 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 03:01:16 pm »
Looking at a map of Newcastle, apart from the Town Moor, there’s not a lot of choice of places to build a new stadium. Unless the plan would be to buy a lot of existing properties only to knock them down.

The often quoted area of Newcastle for a new stadium, is Gosforth Park.

Many people want to keep the Stadium in the City Centre though, and Gosforth Park (where Newcastle Racecourse is) is regarded as a bit too 'far out', by many.

The Town Moor as our main "City Centre Park", though only part of it is laid out as a Victorian-style park, such as Exhibition Park, Nuns Moor Park, and Leazes Park (all part of the Town Moor) is unlikely to ever be released by the Freeman for a new stadium.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #11777 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 03:03:31 pm »
Leazes Park is probably the best place for it.

Offline manorpark

• General Member
« Reply #11778 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 03:04:54 pm »

As said just above, the Freemen will never agree to release it, as it is a part of 'Town Moor Land'.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #11779 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 03:07:44 pm »
Would you want to lose Leazes Park?

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #11780 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 03:17:00 pm »

As said just above, the Freemen will never agree to release it, as it is a part of 'Town Moor Land'.

:thup:

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #11781 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 04:10:57 pm »
Arena site for me.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #11782 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 04:20:24 pm »
The arena site is set for student and commercial apartments, isn't it? 

Offline manorpark

• General Member
« Reply #11783 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 04:31:08 pm »
Arena site for me.

The Arena Site is too small, and there are proposals in planning already for the adjacent sites.

Offline Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #11784 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 04:45:07 pm »
Do people really want to move the f***ing stadium? I realise there are insurmountable issues to expanding it to ridiculous hyper modern stadium standards, but is there a better placed stadium location from any club in the league? It's too symbolic and we should stay even if we can't expand to a ridiculous number of seats
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #11785 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 04:59:58 pm »
Do people really want to move the f***ing stadium? I realise there are insurmountable issues to expanding it to ridiculous hyper modern stadium standards, but is there a better placed stadium location from any club in the league? It's too symbolic and we should stay even if we can't expand to a ridiculous number of seats

Couldn't agree more
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #11786 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 05:33:02 pm »
:thup: Plus if they ever did move the stadium it'll end up being built f***ing miles away.

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #11787 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 06:07:02 pm »
Probably near some shitty industrial estate or something full of Sports Direct shops.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #11788 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 06:21:58 pm »
Probably near some shitty industrial estate or something full of Sports Direct shops.

The Silverlink.  :lol:

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #11789 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 06:27:17 pm »
The stadium is good for business for the city, the council should be bending over backwards to make sure it stays put.

£25m the rugby weekend was worth. Wouldnt happen if sjp was 5 miles out the centre.

Offline Wallace

• General Member
« Reply #11790 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 07:41:03 pm »
The stadium is good for business for the city, the council should be bending over backwards to make sure it stays put.

£25m the rugby weekend was worth. Wouldnt happen if sjp was 5 miles out the centre.

The Magic Weekend has just been held at Anfield. Many Rugby League fans  were unhappy about it being moved from SJP and even more so after experiencing Anfield because of it’s location and the lack of things to do around the stadium. 

The city centre location is a huge asset to the club and for these big events, it creates a great atmosphere around the event because all the fans are mostly concentrated in the city centre compared to other cities where all the visitors are spread out all over the place.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #11791 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 07:47:46 pm »

The Magic Weekend has just been held at Anfield. Many Rugby League fans  were unhappy about it being moved from SJP and even more so after experiencing Anfield because of it’s location and the lack of things to do around the stadium. 

The city centre location is a huge asset to the club and for these big events, it creates a great atmosphere around the event because all the fans are mostly concentrated in the city centre compared to other cities where all the visitors are spread out all over the place.

Aye, works both ways. The club and the city need to be one. Juve’s Move (wham to s lesser extent) should show why a bigger stadium somewhere in the middle of nowhere isn’t the be all and atmosphere, surroundings and belonging all play a part.

Spin the stadium around, block the strawberry delveopment, stay at 52, all preferred options for me and should be for the city.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #11792 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 07:48:07 pm »
Yeah, it’s huge for the city. Full city centre whether match day or not.

Offline George Bailey

• General Member
« Reply #11793 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 07:50:32 pm »
O0 O0 O0
Absolutely spot on.
'Us' = Stenhousemuir for the forseeable.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #11794 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 10:20:42 pm »
A few weeks ago when the rugby finals were on, I had fans coming up to me at work saying they were enjoying the city and it’s nice to go to a stadium that’s pretty much in the city centre.

Offline JH

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #11795 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 10:26:58 pm »
If we’re gonna stay, they have to do something to the exterior. Looks so f***ing dated now.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #11796 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 11:23:48 pm »
If we’re gonna stay, they have to do something to the exterior. Looks so f***ing dated now.

It's a thing of beauty, just needs a bit of work and a good Sheikh-funded ablution.

@OpenC  :smug:

Offline NobbyOhNobby

• General Member
« Reply #11797 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 11:25:41 pm »
St James' Park is the best thing in the city by f***ing miles. Never, ever leave, ever, ever, ever. Just spruce the t*** up a bit. Get Greggs in to do the food, and get Wylam to do the booze.

Offline duo

• General Member
« Reply #11798 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 11:31:26 pm »
100%  :thup:

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #11799 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 01:12:19 am »
I quite like that idea of rotating the pitch to make the sides bigger, having the small east stand as one of the ends would be a bit mad like, but that's how it would have to be.

But we would have to have a temporary stadium while it's done?