Author Topic: The photo thread  (Read 552300 times)

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
Re: The photo thread
« Reply #11400 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 01:01:01 pm »
Few new collage/photo montage pieces. Proper wanting to get these shared about to local musical artists or authors looking for book cover designs or album artwork. If you know anyone who they may be suitable or interesting for please do share. (site link in sig.)

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #11401 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:50:35 pm »
Few new collage/photo montage pieces. Proper wanting to get these shared about to local musical artists or authors looking for book cover designs or album artwork. If you know anyone who they may be suitable or interesting for please do share. (site link in sig.)

Nice work.

• General Member
« Reply #11402 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 01:38:52 pm »
Cheers :thup:

Offline OpenC

• General Member
« Reply #11403 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 08:12:25 pm »
Picked up a cheap 10 stop ND filter for the FZ1000.  Assumed that the combination of small sensor and cheap filter would render it worthless, but was pleasantly surprised at my first attempt with it

Offline O'Neill

• General Member
« Reply #11404 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 07:41:37 am »
Doesn't appear to have as much of a blue cast as some of the ones I've used either. Although you may have corrected for that?

Offline OpenC

• General Member
« Reply #11405 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 09:05:56 am »

I always shoot raw so the white balance is (theoretically) controllable, but as you know that's an area which I'm never confident with.  I pushed the red/orange/yellow well into the positive for this, not sure how natural it ended up looking but it's much like I remember the scene looking.

If anybody's interested, it was a Pig Iron ND1000 which I paid £12 for the 62mm version of; I just bought a 52mm version for the bairn's Canon lenses and it was a tenner.  Well worth having one in your bag, if you've also got a tripod or a beanbag (and some way of calculating the exposure).

Offline OpenC

• General Member
« Reply #11406 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 01:19:45 pm »
Yeah, I really like this camera (original FZ1000).  Very versatile.  Not so very sharp at the long end but if you don't need to crop a huge amount then it's perfectly workable.  I think it has the distinction of being the camera that I've used for the longest continuous time since my first RX100.

« Last Edit: Sunday 17 March 2019, 04:55:24 pm by OpenC »

• General Member
« Reply #11407 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 05:58:23 pm »
First one is real nice, OC :thup: ND filter? Did you ever use the in-built x100s one? Never tried it myself but I've watched people on youtube get some canny results out of it not too dissimilar to yours here.

Few new collage pieces from today.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
« Reply #11408 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 06:04:18 pm »
Aye, I used to use it all the time on the Fuji just to keep the shutter speed down because I prefer shooting open. Was handy to have but only three stops which is standard for a built in but doesn't do a lot against midday sun; this one is ten stops which let me use a five or six second exposure in bright daylight even with a minimum possible aperture of f/8. Looking forward to using it on people in Newcastle :)