Author Topic: The photo thread  (Read 565432 times)

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
Re: The photo thread
« Reply #10825 on: Monday 19 August 2019, 07:22:38 pm »
Is there any chance I can get some advice? I've agreed to do a short documentary style video for my football club, I know what i'm doing in terms of production, editing and shot selection, however I need to buy a camera, and in terms of what i'm looking for in terms of video camera, I haven't got a damn clue. So I was just wonder what people would suggest.

I saw the below recomended online, and people at work think its decent, but i'm not sure:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-DMC-G80MEB-K-Compact-System-Camera/dp/B01LXKRF7V/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=PANASONIC+G85&qid=1566154943&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Online Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #10826 on: Monday 19 August 2019, 07:50:15 pm »
Is there any chance I can get some advice? I've agreed to do a short documentary style video for my football club, I know what i'm doing in terms of production, editing and shot selection, however I need to buy a camera, and in terms of what i'm looking for in terms of video camera, I haven't got a damn clue. So I was just wonder what people would suggest.

I saw the below recomended online, and people at work think its decent, but i'm not sure:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-DMC-G80MEB-K-Compact-System-Camera/dp/B01LXKRF7V/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=PANASONIC+G85&qid=1566154943&s=gateway&sr=8-1

What's your budget? Are the club willing to help out with it? I'd consider renting your equipment if it's just a one-off video. That'll allow you to get some of the best gear without spending thousands.

The Sony A7III is one of the best for recording video out there without using a huge director style camera. Mirrorless, full frame, beautiful quality. It's capable of 4k at lower fps settings, whilst also being capable of 120fps slow-mo. It may be worth looking at a couple of lenses although you can probably get away with the one if you choose the right range of focal length depending on what you will be mainly capturing.  A glidecam would also add a pro edge to your end product (a handheld bit of equipment that allows you to move around with your camera whilst keeping your shots steady and smooth).

Online Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #10827 on: Yesterday at 08:23:37 pm »