Author Topic: Films in the pipeline that you're looking forward to?  (Read 504686 times)

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
Re: Films in the pipeline that you're looking forward to?
« Reply #8551 on: Thursday 7 November 2019, 10:29:07 PM »

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #8552 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 12:34:02 AM »
:lol: Absolutely adore Moss.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #8553 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 12:51:56 PM »
john wick dude been working on a highlander reboot apparently :sweetjesus:

of all the old films that could be made better than the original (great concept) it's highlander

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #8554 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 12:56:40 PM »
They’ll have to find someone that can play a Spaniard better than Sean Connery.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #8555 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:05:06 PM »

of all the old films that could be made better than the original (great concept) it's highlander

Couldn't disagree more :lol: Christopher Lambert was gangster

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #8556 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:43:16 PM »

i'm as big a highlander fan as they come but it does not stand up these days imo....looks cheap/low rent AF, also heavily tainted by the absolute disgrace of H2 and the alien s***...the director himself even makes that point

Sleep now in the fire

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #8557 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:47:25 PM »

i'm as big a highlander fan as they come but it does not stand up these days imo....looks cheap/low rent AF, also heavily tainted by the absolute disgrace of H2 and the alien s***...the director himself even makes that point

Agree. Tried to watch it a year ago. Was terrible.
Bardem would be perfect for the Connery role.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #8558 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 05:34:43 PM »
movie should make itself tbh, they just need a good budget and canny casting...that john wick lad was saying they're almost trying to plan a universe in advance though, so as not to f*** it up so badly as H2 did, they want it all mapped out otherwise he could have thrown a movie with cool sword fights out no bother

Sleep now in the fire

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #8559 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 06:58:48 AM »
damn for gomorrah fans there's a ciro prequel movie coming out in december :sweetjesus:

Sleep now in the fire

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #8560 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 06:45:08 PM »
trailer s**** but decent reviews

Sleep now in the fire

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #8561 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 10:29:42 PM »
trailer s**** but decent reviews

Title's s**** anarl.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #8562 on: Thursday 14 November 2019, 05:04:47 AM »

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #8563 on: Thursday 14 November 2019, 05:12:08 AM »
:lol: Am I crazy or is that a remake of something?

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #8564 on: Thursday 14 November 2019, 05:21:08 AM »
reminds me of another k/j movie tbh

not this, but here's another to check out with a s*** trailer

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #8565 on: Thursday 14 November 2019, 06:31:39 PM »

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #8566 on: Thursday 21 November 2019, 12:07:21 AM »
Sequel to Joker in the works.

I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it, mind. I don't think they should do it. Having said that, they'd be mad not to.
« Last Edit: Thursday 21 November 2019, 12:21:36 AM by sadnesstan »

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #8567 on: Thursday 21 November 2019, 07:56:47 PM »
Sequel to Joker in the works.

I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it, mind. I don't think they should do it. Having said that, they'd be mad not to.

Whilst there no doubt will be one, there are no talks between Phillips and the studio about a sequel at this stage and what was reported by THR was false.
If you're bored when you're alone, you're in bad company.

Offline Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #8568 on: Saturday 23 November 2019, 07:35:41 AM »

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #8569 on: Tuesday 26 November 2019, 07:52:28 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7668333/Bond-gets-electric-car-wife-refuses-second-Time-Die-film.html

It has been billed as the most politically correct James Bond movie yet – but No Time To Die has not entirely done away with Benny Hill-style innuendo, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

In one scene, Daniel Craig's suave secret agent is struggling to get a seaplane airborne as his passenger cries out 'Get it up! Get it up!' – prompting the wry reply: 'I've never had a problem with that before.'

Fans who have come to love such doubles entendres might be surprised that they have survived the franchise's 'woke' makeover that has banned outdated sexism and introduced strong female characters, such as Lashana Lynch as another top British secret agent.

However, plans for her to become the first black, female 007 – taking over the codename from Craig's Bond after he retires – could be scrapped after a social-media backlash. Sources say she is now likely to get another agent number, 001.

Earlier this year, this newspaper revealed that Fleabag creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge had been brought in as a scriptwriter to ensure the blockbuster was appropriate for the #MeToo era.

And now we have learned more secrets from the £200 million movie, due out in April.

The script has Bond marrying Dr Madeleine Swann – the psychologist played by French actress Lea Seydoux who first appeared in 2015's Spectre. But she refuses to take her new husband's name.

The morning after their wedding, Bond wakes sleepy-eyed and says 'Good morning, Mrs Bond', to which she replies: 'Don't you mean Ms Swann?'

A source said: 'The phrase 'Bond girl' was outlawed from the set. The women in this film are all strong, brave and fiercely independent. These women are not helpless girls who jump into bed with Bond – their reactions are very different from what people might think.

'Bond tries his usual seduction techniques but they fail miserably. It's very funny.'

Ms Lynch, 31, said of her double-O role: 'Everyone was really responsive to having her be what I wanted. You're given a fresh perspective on a brand-new black woman in the Bond world.'

She was determined her character should be a 'real' woman 'who has issues with her weight and maybe questions what's going on with her boyfriend'.

She even discussed something which has never made it into a Bond film before: 'We had one conversation about her maybe being on her period in one scene and… throwing her tampon [into the bin].'

Sounds like the next Bond outing (Craig's last) will throw another beloved franchise into woke-infested waters. More crude patriarchy-fighting and misguided feminism shoved into a universe which has actually provided - recently, too - interesting female characters with interesting story arcs. Why bother with that s***, though, when you can introduce female spies who are weight-conscious, worried about their relationships and great at humilating the chief protagonist for a laugh! A period scene, ffs. :lol: WOMEN! WOMEN ARE A THING! LET'S USE THIS MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR FRANCHISE TO SAY WOMEN EXIST! DON'T FORGET THEIR PERIODS!

Ffs, females that are 'brave, strong and fiercely independent'. Because M and Vesper were none of those things? Those characters relied on their femininity to be compelling, for sure; but not through the use of lazy millennial cliches and certainly not through the script acknoweldging their bodily functions. They had actual character traits and actual storylines.

Thankfully they've dropped the idea of retiring the character in favour of a black female 007; but still, he'll apparently be getting married to a woman who refuses to take his name.

Just feels like it's gone so much the other way. I'll be so disappointed if they totally f*** this up because Craig has been a terrific Bond who's only had two terrific scripts to work with so far.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #8570 on: Tuesday 26 November 2019, 08:12:13 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7668333/Bond-gets-electric-car-wife-refuses-second-Time-Die-film.html

It has been billed as the most politically correct James Bond movie yet – but No Time To Die has not entirely done away with Benny Hill-style innuendo, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

In one scene, Daniel Craig's suave secret agent is struggling to get a seaplane airborne as his passenger cries out 'Get it up! Get it up!' – prompting the wry reply: 'I've never had a problem with that before.'

Fans who have come to love such doubles entendres might be surprised that they have survived the franchise's 'woke' makeover that has banned outdated sexism and introduced strong female characters, such as Lashana Lynch as another top British secret agent.

However, plans for her to become the first black, female 007 – taking over the codename from Craig's Bond after he retires – could be scrapped after a social-media backlash. Sources say she is now likely to get another agent number, 001.

Earlier this year, this newspaper revealed that Fleabag creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge had been brought in as a scriptwriter to ensure the blockbuster was appropriate for the #MeToo era.

And now we have learned more secrets from the £200 million movie, due out in April.

The script has Bond marrying Dr Madeleine Swann – the psychologist played by French actress Lea Seydoux who first appeared in 2015's Spectre. But she refuses to take her new husband's name.

The morning after their wedding, Bond wakes sleepy-eyed and says 'Good morning, Mrs Bond', to which she replies: 'Don't you mean Ms Swann?'

A source said: 'The phrase 'Bond girl' was outlawed from the set. The women in this film are all strong, brave and fiercely independent. These women are not helpless girls who jump into bed with Bond – their reactions are very different from what people might think.

'Bond tries his usual seduction techniques but they fail miserably. It's very funny.'

Ms Lynch, 31, said of her double-O role: 'Everyone was really responsive to having her be what I wanted. You're given a fresh perspective on a brand-new black woman in the Bond world.'

She was determined her character should be a 'real' woman 'who has issues with her weight and maybe questions what's going on with her boyfriend'.

She even discussed something which has never made it into a Bond film before: 'We had one conversation about her maybe being on her period in one scene and… throwing her tampon [into the bin].'

Sounds like the next Bond outing (Craig's last) will throw another beloved franchise into woke-infested waters. More crude patriarchy-fighting and misguided feminism shoved into a universe which has actually provided - recently, too - interesting female characters with interesting story arcs. Why bother with that s***, though, when you can introduce female spies who are weight-conscious, worried about their relationships and great at humilating the chief protagonist for a laugh! A period scene, ffs. :lol: WOMEN! WOMEN ARE A THING! LET'S USE THIS MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR FRANCHISE TO SAY WOMEN EXIST! DON'T FORGET THEIR PERIODS!

Ffs, females that are 'brave, strong and fiercely independent'. Because M and Vesper were none of those things? Those characters relied on their femininity to be compelling, for sure; but not through the use of lazy millennial cliches and certainly not through the script acknoweldging their bodily functions. They had actual character traits and actual storylines.

Thankfully they've dropped the idea of retiring the character in favour of a black female 007;but still, he'll apparently be getting married to a woman who refuses to take his name.

Just feels like it's gone so much the other way. I'll be so disappointed if they totally f*** this up because Craig has been a terrific Bond who's only had two terrific scripts to work with so far.

That was never the idea unless you're getting all your news from the Mail.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #8571 on: Tuesday 26 November 2019, 08:33:32 PM »
'Unless I'm getting all my news from the Mail?' :lol:

No, I'm not, but I had heard that. Glad to be misinformed, like, that would have been abysmal.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #8572 on: Tuesday 26 November 2019, 11:42:16 PM »
I get the impression if 'Aliens' had been released in 2019 instead of 1986 there would be complaints by some men on the internet about a woman (Ripley) being the hero.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #8573 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 12:06:47 AM »
Dunno if that's directed at what I've said but if so, it's missing the point.

I've got absolutely no issue with female protagonists. What I think is rubbish is PC agendas being bolted onto existing franchises at the expense of good characters and good storylines. Ripley was a strong and individual character with definitive traits and a compelling story arc; ultimately defined by her femininity, specifically her maternal instinct. But instead of that being just a 'thing', it was a key characteristic which actually drove the narrative (i.e. everything that happens with her and Newt is basically what makes the film).

If Aliens got made this year, the Ripley character wouldn't be anywhere near as fleshed-out, she'd just be a woman whose womanness has little to contribute to creating a story that's actually interesting or meaningful.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #8574 on: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 11:39:18 AM »
Directed at the men who rant on the internet about women characters spoiling "Avengers: Endgame", "Star Wars: The Last Jedi", "Captain Marvel", etc.

The Ripley character in Alien was originally written as a male character. Ridley Scott switched the character to a woman. James Cameron pretty much always has a woman as his main protagonist. Some of the people who loved 'T2' will now complain about the women in 'Terminator: Dark Fate'. I'm pretty sure the same people who complain about women characters in films now would be complaining if 'Aliens', 'T2', etc were coming out now.

"A black woman as 007" upset the morons even though it was obvious she wasn't actually playing James (or Jane) Bond. As I understand it, James Bond is retired in the new film so it stands to reason someone else would inherit his old code name. That obvious fact didn't stop an "internet backlash".
« Last Edit: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 12:05:29 PM by LoveItIfWeBeatU »
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!