Author Topic: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::  (Read 475488 times)

Offline Belfast Boy

• General Member
Re: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::
« Reply #12650 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 12:25:25 PM »
Joshua did very well - strong use of jab, good movement. He clearly deserved to win.

I still found the fight interesting but can understand if some people found it a bit boring.

I'm no expert on boxing, but to say that fight was a "bit boring" is to say HTT's posts are a "bit long"

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #12651 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 01:01:25 PM »
No way should Ruiz get a third fight. He turned up to the biggest night in entire life, fatter, slower and more out of shape because he couldn’t be arsed to fix his diet and go the gym. That’s as pathetic as it gets.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #12652 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 03:05:16 PM »
Nobody wants to see a third fight anyway. It would be a carbon copy of last night. Ruiz will never beat Joshua again.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #12653 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 05:39:14 PM »
aye, would be a complete waste of time.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #12654 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 05:41:15 PM »
The boy Ruiz needs to get rid of his titties and work his way back up the contenders for another chance imo,

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #12655 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 05:57:01 PM »
Could see a Whyte/Ruiz PPV fight in the Spring.

Offline Tisd09

• General Member
« Reply #12656 on: Monday 9 December 2019, 11:18:20 AM »
I don't like what Wilder is saying about him saying a match between him and AJ never happening. Now starting to think it is more likely we will see AJ/Fury before Wilder/AJ?

I have no appetite for a trilogy fight with Ruiz.
"Now who ya gonna run to?"

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #12657 on: Monday 9 December 2019, 01:19:51 PM »
Ruiz is an utter disgrace, said it well before the fight. Biggest fight of his life and didn't bother his arse to get in shape, now desperately hoping for another payday from Joshua to blag on taco bell. Fat c***.

Offline Nate

• General Member
« Reply #12658 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 06:41:14 PM »
...aaand we’re back.

Boxing’s very own Phillip Schofield in action tonight.

Offline Nate

• General Member
« Reply #12659 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 07:06:26 PM »
Starting on Sky Sports Arena now.

A tenner on the five home fighters returns a mighty £6.50 - but you never know!

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #12660 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 10:28:04 PM »
DeLuca looks huge.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12661 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 10:46:13 PM »
I reckon he’s got enough left to deal with Liam Smith, assuming he’s next.

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #12662 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 12:00:55 PM »
Can’t wait for Wilder Fury 2. I think Wilder will knock him out this time but like Wilder said, Fury crazy. You just never know with him. I don’t believe this whole “I’m gonna knock him out in two rounds” bollocks Fury came out with. He’s going to be as cagey as ever. Can honestly see Wilder tripping over swinging wildly and falling out the ring. Tyson’s just gonna bob and weave and hit his little jabs when he see an opening.
« Last Edit: Thursday 13 February 2020, 12:18:48 PM by Astroblack »

Online Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #12663 on: Saturday 15 February 2020, 01:54:23 PM »
Will I be right in thinking the fight should start around 4.30 UK time?

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #12664 on: Sunday 16 February 2020, 12:50:27 PM »
Disgraceful scenes at the England Boxing National Youth Championships in Coventry last night  :idiot2:

(Mods - let me know if not allowed)

« Last Edit: Sunday 16 February 2020, 01:01:42 PM by Sean »
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12665 on: Sunday 16 February 2020, 02:05:37 PM »
Not unusual unfortunately, it seems only Matchroom can afford good enough security to control their events. Doing it at a youth tournament is particularly grim though.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12666 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 10:45:25 AM »
Fury is coming in heavy, I’m not sure this bodes well for him. If he gets KO’d he’ll retire IMO.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #12667 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 11:07:47 AM »
Excited for the fight. At work now, gym session, then out to meet the lads at 8pm for a nice dinner and beers. Stay out til 12.30am and taxis back to my mates house. Got 7 of us around, more beers and probably get more food in  :lol:

Not sure about Fury coming in heavy but we shall see.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #12668 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 02:08:27 PM »
Hope Wilder knocks the daft gobshite into a coma. He may not be technically the best, but he resembles the truest form of 1v1 fist fighting with gloves on the most of anyone which the whole sport was first based on. Land just one punch right and hard and you can KO your opponent, anyone. That’s what it’s all about really, and Wilder is truer to the sport in that sense than a Joshua or a Fury, both I find boring, who box not fight.

I like Wilder as a personality too. Fury is fake as f***!

Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12669 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 02:32:39 PM »
Hope Wilder knocks the daft gobshite into a coma. He may not be technically the best, but he resembles the truest form of 1v1 fist fighting with gloves on the most of anyone which the whole sport was first based on. Land just one punch right and hard and you can KO your opponent, anyone. That’s what it’s all about really, and Wilder is truer to the sport in that sense than a Joshua or a Fury, both I find boring, who box not fight.

Bizarre stuff.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #12670 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 03:22:17 PM »

Bizarre stuff.

What part?

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #12671 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 03:22:42 PM »

Bizarre stuff.

WTF.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #12672 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 03:28:49 PM »
Aye that was below the belt like. I don’t actually hope he really does, just maybe snaps his jaw for good.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12673 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 03:37:21 PM »

Bizarre stuff.

What part?

- Wilder is a great personality while Fury is a fake. Wilder is the guy that has repeatedly said he wants to kill an opponent in the ring, but then puts it down to an alternative "bronze bomber" personality.
- He resembles the truest form of fist fighting, because he has a s*** jab and is a puncher?
- Wilder is truest to the sport because he's a fighter and not a boxer like Fury and Joshua. Wilder has spent 11/12 years as a pro being kept away from anyone decent, he hasn't tried to unify titles and he was kept away from klitschko because he folded him up in sparring. Joshua meanwhile actually fought Klitschko and had a war with him.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #12674 on: Saturday 22 February 2020, 10:07:30 PM »
Excited for the fight. At work now, gym session, then out to meet the lads at 8pm for a nice dinner and beers. Stay out til 12.30am and taxis back to my mates house. Got 7 of us around, more beers and probably get more food in  :lol:

Not sure about Fury coming in heavy but we shall see.

Done this hundreds of times, everyones fast a kip by 2am
Mike Ashley stole my 30's