Author Topic: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::  (Read 466267 times)

hakka, Hughesy and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
Re: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::
« Reply #12175 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 05:20:08 AM »
Mind, not seen anything like Canelo's head movement tonight. Jacob's can't land a glove on him. :lol:

True, Canelos reflex’s are unreal, Jacobs going to have go for the KO in the later rounds, have Canelo winning every round so far

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #12176 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 05:28:28 AM »
Better!
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
« Reply #12177 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 05:38:40 AM »
Jacobs has won the last 3 at least, Canelos fading

Offline Segun Oluwaniyi

• babatunde
  • General Member
  • Dope fresh outta Africa that never been stepped on
« Reply #12178 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 05:39:25 AM »
I have this 5-5 after 10.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #12179 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 05:45:23 AM »
Canelo will take it. Probably did enough in the early rounds to justify it, unlike the GGG fights.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
« Reply #12180 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 05:45:56 AM »
8-4 to Canelo for me, was getting closer but believe Canelo took the last 2

Offline Segun Oluwaniyi

• babatunde
  • General Member
  • Dope fresh outta Africa that never been stepped on
« Reply #12181 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 05:57:14 AM »
Cards were fine. I had it 6-6 personally, but thought Canelo deserved to win, if that makes sense. Jacobs just has not done enough when he fought GGG or Canelo. He moves well, uses his size/athleticism well, and does good work in flurries, but there are too many rounds in which he is getting easily outlanded and is sluggish. He annoyed me in both of these fights because he seemed content to just be competitive on the cards (against the favoured fighter who would be more likely to get the cards), when he could have actually won if he had taken more risks, imo.

Canelo still has stamina issues, fwiw. He has faded in the middle rounds of every competitive fight he has been in.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12182 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 12:02:35 PM »
Even though they were close fights, I've found Jacobs a bit disappointing against GGG and Canelo (I also think he deserved to lose both). He has a great knockout ratio, but he doesn't look like or fight like a power puncher against elite opponents. Like segun I feel like he holds back at times, like his sole focus is winning points. It might be for fear of being KO'd or because of stamina issues, I remember him collapsing on the ropes as soon as the final bell went against GGG. I know he cuts a lot of weight and that can cause stamina issues.

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #12183 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 01:17:36 PM »
It was an interesting fight that.  I had Canelo way ahead on my card but i see a lot of people had it quite even so f*** knows  :lol:  I just thought Canelo looked in control throughout and his accuracy was superb.  The first 5 or 6 rounds were a little embarrassing for Jacobs i thought, and although Canelo slowed down (i think that knee injury could be an issue as he still wears a support) he was a very worthy winner.

Highlights of the fight for me-

- That big shot Canelo took in the 9th where his head didn’t even move!? Holy f***!  :lol:

- That brilliant piece of defence from Canelo in the 4th where he slipped away from about 8 shots, really nice! 👍

It probably sounds like i’m up Canelo’s arse a bit too much but i thought he was in great form and i was a bit disappointed in Jacobs after being really impressed with him in some of his previous fights.
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline Geordie Ahmed

• General Member
« Reply #12184 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 04:24:33 PM »

Offline carlos

« Reply #12186 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 11:32:43 PM »
Christ, that Mexican meat must be good stuff.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #12187 on: Monday 6 May 2019, 11:09:58 AM »
Was a good fight overall but not great. Had Canelo winning 7-5. Fair play for that massive shot he took in 9th.

Online hakka

• General Member
« Reply #12188 on: Monday 6 May 2019, 06:55:00 PM »
http://giphy.com/gifs/d7HNKLPvL7iPrUjwLR

Jesus, look like he took a knock out blow as if it was nothing. Huge land, how the the hell he absorb that.

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #12189 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 06:14:01 PM »

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12190 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 06:20:56 PM »
That's got to happen in the UK, Loma has been fighting in front of a few thousand in the US. It's bad luck for Campbell though, he's improved massively since the Mendy loss and he was expected to fight a Russian guy for this belt, then he would unify with Loma.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • *cocaine scream*
« Reply #12191 on: Sunday 12 May 2019, 12:57:55 AM »
RIP Harold Lederman. An era is ending....

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #12192 on: Sunday 12 May 2019, 07:40:44 PM »
Anyone watch the Hurd fight? Total domination from Jrock

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #12193 on: Sunday 12 May 2019, 07:50:20 PM »
Actually into the later rounds now, proper battle

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #12194 on: Sunday 12 May 2019, 08:02:31 PM »
These PBC commentators barley mention scorecards, I've watched all the fights they've shown on the itv card and it's literally not been mentioned once. Even in the first fight which I felt the Russian won (was given as a draw).

When you watch Sky etc in the UK you get round by round updates on how everyone is scoring the fight and who's won which round is actively discussed during the rounds.

Considering how obsessed Americans are with stats it's a little weird. Is it so dodgy decisions don't look so obvious to the casuals?

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12195 on: Sunday 12 May 2019, 08:50:39 PM »
I found myself awake in the night so watched it. I only gave Hurd a couple of rounds, but I saw Dan Rafael managed to score it for him 114-113. I don’t know how that happens.

I always saw Hurd as a weight bully with average skills, he looks like a super middleweight.

That commentator we get on the ITV broadcast is shocking, he doesn’t even have a nice voice, it’s high pitched and nasal. He was probably the cheapest they could find.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #12196 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 07:53:03 AM »
I enjoy Dan Rafael's writing but often find myself disagreeing with his scorecards.

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #12197 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 03:56:18 PM »
Wilder reiterating his whole wanting to kill someone in the ring. Even if you are not serious just keep your mouth shut you absolute moron.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #12198 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 12:55:28 PM »
I mean they should literally ban him for saying ridiculous stuff like that. Selling the fight or not,  "I am still trying to get a body on my record." is pathetic to say the least
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline County Durham Mag

• General Member
« Reply #12199 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 03:48:40 PM »
Wilder reiterating his whole wanting to kill someone in the ring. Even if you are not serious just keep your mouth shut you absolute moron.

Hope he gets knocked out