Author Topic: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::  (Read 434552 times)

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
Re: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::
« Reply #12125 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 03:59:42 pm »

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #12126 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 04:00:09 pm »

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #12127 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 04:01:50 pm »

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #12128 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 04:03:06 pm »
Floyd has 30lbs on him

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12129 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 05:13:14 pm »
He'll get battered if it's real, just like bigger MMA guys would get battered by small boxers in boxing. If you were going to pick a boxer to compete in kickboxing or MMA he would be way down your list.

Mayweather gets more and more confusing to me. Hardly anyone liked watching him fight, people would bitch about it being boring, then they would buy his next fight, and now he's retired people are desperate to see him fight again... in whatever, even though America has plenty of young exciting boxers that need attention. Do you want to watch Erroll Spence vs Terence Crawford? Nah, I want to pay to watch a Mayweather wankfest because I hate him. People even want to see the Pacquiao rematch, even though the first was s*** and was a shadow of what it should have been had it happened 5 or 6 years sooner.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #12130 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 05:22:11 pm »
Heard Floyd lost a fair bit gambling.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #12131 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 05:24:01 pm »

Whether he did or not is irrelevant. He could make a s*** load more just boxing somebody else rather than fighting a kickboxer that nobody outside Japan will know.
"This is a new currency and payment network built by ex-PayPal guys, called Initiative Q. The Q currency is currently being allocated for free if you are invited by an existing member.
The idea is that if millions of people join, Q could become a leading payment network, and, according to well-known economic models, that means the value of the reward would be around $130,000.
The amount you reserve decreases every day, and each member has a limited number of invites. You can use my invite link here:
https://initiativeq.com/invite/BEi7Ix0sQ
(Don’t worry. No funny stuff. You just need to give your name and email and your spot is reserved)."

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12132 on: Monday 5 November 2018, 05:46:00 pm »

Whether he did or not is irrelevant. He could make a s*** load more just boxing somebody else rather than fighting a kickboxer that nobody outside Japan will know.

And this makes me suspicious of how real it will be. He could earn a minimum of $30m fighting someone like Jessie Vargas, DAZN would probably throw more than that at him, and he would win. The top guys beat the snot out of him at this stage but he doesn't need to go near them, Pacquiao probably won't go near them either.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12133 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 08:36:55 pm »
Fuckin bizarre, the Mayweather thing was a load of bollocks, according to him.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #12134 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 10:20:09 pm »
Now that I am back on U.S. soil after a long and disappointing trip to Tokyo, I now have the time to address you, my fans and the media in regard to the upcoming event on December 31st that was recently announced. First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan. Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the "Rizen Fighting Federation". What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of "One Entertainment" was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee. This exhibition was previously arranged as a "Special Bout" purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide. Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going and we should have put a stop to it immediately. I want to sincerely apologize to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference and I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval. For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry. I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions.
"This is a new currency and payment network built by ex-PayPal guys, called Initiative Q. The Q currency is currently being allocated for free if you are invited by an existing member.
The idea is that if millions of people join, Q could become a leading payment network, and, according to well-known economic models, that means the value of the reward would be around $130,000.
The amount you reserve decreases every day, and each member has a limited number of invites. You can use my invite link here:
https://initiativeq.com/invite/BEi7Ix0sQ
(Don’t worry. No funny stuff. You just need to give your name and email and your spot is reserved)."

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #12135 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 10:23:51 pm »
Now that I am back on U.S. soil after a long and disappointing trip to Tokyo, I now have the time to address you, my fans and the media in regard to the upcoming event on December 31st that was recently announced. First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan. Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the "Rizen Fighting Federation". What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of "One Entertainment" was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee. This exhibition was previously arranged as a "Special Bout" purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide. Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going and we should have put a stop to it immediately. I want to sincerely apologize to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference and I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval. For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry. I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions.

This whole thing sounds very seedy

Offline Nate

• General Member
« Reply #12136 on: Thursday 8 November 2018, 08:23:00 pm »

The most decorated fight to ever take place on British soil.

I do have sympathy for the view that this is a mismatch but I reckon Bellew is going to go down with one hell of a fight.

Curiously it's his power that's being overplayed in the build-up, whilst his significant amount of boxing skill is being dismissed.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12137 on: Friday 9 November 2018, 05:40:13 pm »
Bellew needs Usyk to be really complacent, him winning would be the biggest upset i've seen in a title fight.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12138 on: Friday 9 November 2018, 05:47:36 pm »
Also all these sky pundits predicting Bellew by KO are so transparent, if Crolla gets a shot at Lomachenko they'll send me over the edge with their s****.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #12139 on: Saturday 10 November 2018, 11:21:18 am »
Usyk in Round 9/10 for me. I think it will an entertaining fight though, with a great atmosphere. I think Bellew will have his moments, but Usyk is just too good IMO. Beers in the fridge, and a couple of pals round. Team takeaway - should be a fun neet.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #12140 on: Saturday 10 November 2018, 02:45:33 pm »
Usyk in the 7th. He’ll win the first 6 too. I actually like bellew but this is far too much for him.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #12141 on: Saturday 10 November 2018, 02:46:34 pm »
why is he wearing that stupid s**** over his face out of interest, advertising something presumably?
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #12142 on: Saturday 10 November 2018, 05:21:36 pm »
Toon result has put a reet smile on my face. Can't wait to get home in a dash, and start drinking for the PPV.  :cool:

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #12143 on: Saturday 10 November 2018, 06:44:02 pm »
Christ, that eye :lol:

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12144 on: Saturday 10 November 2018, 07:20:27 pm »
Fuckin heavyweights man, Dave Allen and his opponent dead on their feet 4 rounds into a 10 round fight.  :lol:

Offline Nate

• General Member
« Reply #12145 on: Saturday 10 November 2018, 07:27:17 pm »
It’s embarrassing, man. Been given opportunities far beyond his talent and can’t even get in half-decent shape.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #12146 on: Saturday 10 November 2018, 07:39:13 pm »
Dave Allen tearing himself apart in the interview  :lol:

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #12147 on: Saturday 10 November 2018, 08:05:57 pm »
Kelly is good but I wanna see him with a decent fighter.

Offline Shelvey's Hair

• General Member
« Reply #12148 on: Saturday 10 November 2018, 08:10:10 pm »
Pretty sure one of the blokes fighting now is call Mitrofanov which translates to fan of Mitrovic in serbian.

Offline Nate

• General Member
« Reply #12149 on: Saturday 10 November 2018, 08:58:51 pm »
Some finish from 35 year old Burns.