Author Topic: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::  (Read 443394 times)

Offline LFEE

• General Member
Re: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::
« Reply #11725 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 01:40:07 am »
Ritson lost? Good. Sellout. :lol:

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #11726 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 04:24:07 am »
Looking forward to the Crawford fight.

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #11727 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 05:20:37 am »
What a finish

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #11728 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 01:18:31 pm »

What a toxic football club we are, expecting a not so wealthy young man to prioritise our ridiculous and hopeless situation over his own career and prosperity. He should stay away in future.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #11729 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 01:38:50 pm »

What a toxic football club we are, expecting a not so wealthy young man to prioritise our ridiculous and hopeless situation over his own career and prosperity. He should stay away in future.

Suspect he wants to keep them happy if he ever got the chance to sell out SJP (highly unlikely after watching that last night).  I don't even get why he wants the club badge on his shorts.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #11730 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 01:51:50 pm »

he literally said "i make no money out of wearing the crest", one thing has nothing to do with the other

i suppose you might argue he's been told to butter asheley up as there was talk of a SJP fight i suppose, if that's the argument then fair enough perhaps
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #11731 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 01:57:24 pm »
He'll simply be doing what Hearn tells him to do man, can't hold a grudge toward him for doing that.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #11732 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 01:59:12 pm »

he literally said "i make no money out of wearing the crest", one thing has nothing to do with the other

i suppose you might argue he's been told to butter asheley up as there was talk of a SJP fight i suppose, if that's the argument then fair enough perhaps

Well yeah he's trying to build a fanbase by connecting with football fans, and it's bitten him on the arse because football fans will always prioritise football. I would never have advised him to go down that road, but I understand his position.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #11733 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 02:04:11 pm »

Well yeah he's trying to build a fanbase by connecting with football fans, and it's bitten him on the arse because football fans will always prioritise football. I would never have advised him to go down that road, but I understand his position.

i'd not heard of the SJP park fight until he lost so it all makes more sense now on a certain level, what doesn't make sense is the odd attachment to the crest...could have just not slagged ashley off and wore some b&w shorts instead

on the other hand, to those paying attention, it's a nice illustration of just how petty ashley is :thup:

Sleep now in the fire

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #11734 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 02:10:51 pm »
I couldn't believe the odd's for ritson were as high as 66/1 on.  Bookies making a ridiculous killing.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #11735 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 03:18:02 pm »
That fella that beat Ritson who I know nothing of, looked a much better all-round boxer and although I liked Ritson’s style in defence and enjoy seeing a boxer constantly on the front foot, he didn’t seem to be able to throw attacking moves together like the other fella did even when he had him pinned. Contrast that to Laws who threw lots of attacking moves, combs etc.

Aligning yourself with NUFC as a Geordie is fair enough, but given the nature of boxing it’s probably more about building a fan base and for marketing than out of loyalty to your club.

The bare knuckle lad McCrory didn’t make a song and dance about him being a Toon fan in any of his fights other than visually nor Laws who is a Toon fan who I’m not sure even references NUFC.

As someone who knows nowt about boxing is Laws going to have a decent career in the sport and Ruston, how damaging is this defeat? IMO he was outclassed and easily in the end and all the hype which I ignore anyway seemed to suggest a win was a formality.

Enjoyed the fights though, except for the fight between the mackem and Scouser, glad the Scluse lad won though not because the other was a mackem, I was rooting for him, but if that’s all he had in his locker where the other lad clearly showed boxing skills, then I favour talent over anything.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #11736 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 03:19:21 pm »

i'd not heard of the SJP park fight until he lost so it all makes more sense now on a certain level, what doesn't make sense is the odd attachment to the crest...could have just not slagged ashley off and wore some b&w shorts instead

on the other hand, to those paying attention, it's a nice illustration of just how petty ashley is :thup:

He slags off Ashley. He won't get the chance to fight at SJP. Taking Ashley out the picture - it's just not smart to slag off the owner of somewhere you aspire to go. Had he won the fight last night a SJP bout would've been a real possibility in the next 18 months

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #11737 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 03:19:48 pm »
Where the f*** is Forest Hill by the way and was it my stream or was the mic man repeating the names for example “Benwell Bomber Jaw Laws” then seconds later... “Laws” :lol:
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #11738 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 03:40:56 pm »

He slags off Ashley. He won't get the chance to fight at SJP. Taking Ashley out the picture - it's just not smart to slag off the owner of somewhere you aspire to go. Had he won the fight last night a SJP bout would've been a real possibility in the next 18 months

i said *not* slag off ashley

Sleep now in the fire

Online ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #11739 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 07:20:53 pm »

i said *not* slag off ashley

He can connect with football fans by wearing black and white shorts, telling everyone he's a fan, using the blaydon races, all that stuff. He was vocally anti ashley until the badge thing, so it's not like he hasn't already. People are kidding themselves if ashley wouldn't bend over for hearn and a moneymaking fight at SJP anyway. He wouldn't give a s***.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #11740 on: Wednesday 17 October 2018, 10:01:05 am »

Offline samptime29

• General Member

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #11742 on: Wednesday 17 October 2018, 12:29:09 pm »
How big a cut are his last 6 judges getting? :hmm:
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #11743 on: Wednesday 17 October 2018, 01:25:27 pm »
Sounds like they're overpaying to raise their profile. f*** knows who he'll be fighting, hopefully they can refuse opponents.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #11744 on: Saturday 27 October 2018, 01:15:34 pm »
A lot of boxing on tonight. I was looking up John Ryders opponent and saw he fought Ricardo Mayorga in the last year.  :lol:

Offline Nate

• General Member
« Reply #11745 on: Saturday 27 October 2018, 01:34:42 pm »

Kubrat Pulev versus Hughie Fury tonight in Bulgaria, live on Channel 5.

The winner becomes Joshua's IBF mandatory. Pulev looks in good shape but I'd still expect Fury to out-box him - whether he gets the decision will be another matter.

There's also a fairly low profile Sky/Matchroom card at the Copper Box. And later in New York Danny Jacobs face a decent test against Sergiy Derevyanchenko for the vacant IBF Middleweight belt.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #11746 on: Saturday 27 October 2018, 01:39:43 pm »
Pulev looking better than ever in his late 30s, after an 18 month layoff. That fight is an abolsute PEDfest  :lol:

Offline Nate

• General Member
« Reply #11747 on: Saturday 27 October 2018, 01:40:15 pm »
A lot of boxing on tonight. I was looking up John Ryders opponent and saw he fought Ricardo Mayorga in the last year.  :lol:

Aye, not sure about that one! Cheeseman/Byfield should be a decent scrap given the build up.

Hope Isaac Chamberlain can return to some form - he's fighting another recent Okolie victim in Luke Watkins.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #11748 on: Saturday 27 October 2018, 08:36:31 pm »
The last round of Chamberlain vs Watkins  :yikes:

Offline Nate

• General Member
« Reply #11749 on: Saturday 27 October 2018, 08:37:39 pm »
Holy s*** :lol: