Author Topic: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::  (Read 431982 times)

Online Klaus

• General Member
Re: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::
« Reply #12050 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:30:00 pm »
Be f***ing riots with all the radgies in the arena if he loses.

Hope there’s nee police horses around

Online Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
« Reply #12051 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:30:31 pm »
No way does Patera deserve to lose this like.

Offline AsprillasShinPad

• General Member
« Reply #12052 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:32:48 pm »
Crazy scores. Right man won though.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #12053 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:33:05 pm »
Patera outboxed him massively
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
It ' time to market and the charm of the enfant terrible , back in fashion . No one wants it , but all seek him . Ben Arfa needs of the spotlight . The field as a film set , the prowess to restart combustion processes of his falling star . To become , finally , Hatem Ben Arfa , a child prodigy .

Offline duo

• General Member
« Reply #12054 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:34:13 pm »
Patera deserved it.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #12055 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:34:17 pm »
That 116-112 to Ritson lol.
It ' time to market and the charm of the enfant terrible , back in fashion . No one wants it , but all seek him . Ben Arfa needs of the spotlight . The field as a film set , the prowess to restart combustion processes of his falling star . To become , finally , Hatem Ben Arfa , a child prodigy .

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #12056 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:35:49 pm »
Deserved it, hope Ritson learns from the fight. He's got the right materials but his approach to this was poor particularly as the fight wore on.

Online Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #12057 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:37:49 pm »
Are all the radge packets devastated?

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #12058 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:39:37 pm »
Everything Ashley gets involved with turns out badly. Ritson should rebrand Ashely out and he'll win again

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #12059 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:44:34 pm »
Ritson was outclassed.

Offline AsprillasShinPad

• General Member
« Reply #12060 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:46:20 pm »
Deserved it, hope Ritson learns from the fight. He's got the right materials but his approach to this was poor particularly as the fight wore on.

Ritson's just lost to a very limited powder puff puncher and showed real vulnerability to body shots.

I fear he may need to go back to square one and build up a few wins before he can ever contend for a belt.

Really bad result for him.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12061 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 12:02:04 am »
The right guy won. You have to remember that just a year ago no one gave a s*** about Ritson, he went into his fight with Robbie Barrett as a nobody that had been fighting on small shows, nothing was really expected of him. Talk of world title fights and SJP was so premature, but that's Eddie Hearn's fault.

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #12062 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 12:07:59 am »
That 116-112 to Ritson lol.

Judge bidding to get on Canelo's next fight

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #12063 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 01:40:07 am »
Ritson lost? Good. Sellout. :lol:

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #12064 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 04:24:07 am »
Looking forward to the Crawford fight.

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #12065 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 05:20:37 am »
What a finish

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12066 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 01:18:31 pm »

What a toxic football club we are, expecting a not so wealthy young man to prioritise our ridiculous and hopeless situation over his own career and prosperity. He should stay away in future.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #12067 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 01:38:50 pm »

What a toxic football club we are, expecting a not so wealthy young man to prioritise our ridiculous and hopeless situation over his own career and prosperity. He should stay away in future.

Suspect he wants to keep them happy if he ever got the chance to sell out SJP (highly unlikely after watching that last night).  I don't even get why he wants the club badge on his shorts.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #12068 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 01:51:50 pm »

he literally said "i make no money out of wearing the crest", one thing has nothing to do with the other

i suppose you might argue he's been told to butter asheley up as there was talk of a SJP fight i suppose, if that's the argument then fair enough perhaps
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #12069 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 01:57:24 pm »
He'll simply be doing what Hearn tells him to do man, can't hold a grudge toward him for doing that.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12070 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 01:59:12 pm »

he literally said "i make no money out of wearing the crest", one thing has nothing to do with the other

i suppose you might argue he's been told to butter asheley up as there was talk of a SJP fight i suppose, if that's the argument then fair enough perhaps

Well yeah he's trying to build a fanbase by connecting with football fans, and it's bitten him on the arse because football fans will always prioritise football. I would never have advised him to go down that road, but I understand his position.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #12071 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 02:04:11 pm »

Well yeah he's trying to build a fanbase by connecting with football fans, and it's bitten him on the arse because football fans will always prioritise football. I would never have advised him to go down that road, but I understand his position.

i'd not heard of the SJP park fight until he lost so it all makes more sense now on a certain level, what doesn't make sense is the odd attachment to the crest...could have just not slagged ashley off and wore some b&w shorts instead

on the other hand, to those paying attention, it's a nice illustration of just how petty ashley is :thup:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #12072 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 02:10:51 pm »
I couldn't believe the odd's for ritson were as high as 66/1 on.  Bookies making a ridiculous killing.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #12073 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 03:18:02 pm »
That fella that beat Ritson who I know nothing of, looked a much better all-round boxer and although I liked Ritson’s style in defence and enjoy seeing a boxer constantly on the front foot, he didn’t seem to be able to throw attacking moves together like the other fella did even when he had him pinned. Contrast that to Laws who threw lots of attacking moves, combs etc.

Aligning yourself with NUFC as a Geordie is fair enough, but given the nature of boxing it’s probably more about building a fan base and for marketing than out of loyalty to your club.

The bare knuckle lad McCrory didn’t make a song and dance about him being a Toon fan in any of his fights other than visually nor Laws who is a Toon fan who I’m not sure even references NUFC.

As someone who knows nowt about boxing is Laws going to have a decent career in the sport and Ruston, how damaging is this defeat? IMO he was outclassed and easily in the end and all the hype which I ignore anyway seemed to suggest a win was a formality.

Enjoyed the fights though, except for the fight between the mackem and Scouser, glad the Scluse lad won though not because the other was a mackem, I was rooting for him, but if that’s all he had in his locker where the other lad clearly showed boxing skills, then I favour talent over anything.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #12074 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 03:19:21 pm »

i'd not heard of the SJP park fight until he lost so it all makes more sense now on a certain level, what doesn't make sense is the odd attachment to the crest...could have just not slagged ashley off and wore some b&w shorts instead

on the other hand, to those paying attention, it's a nice illustration of just how petty ashley is :thup:

He slags off Ashley. He won't get the chance to fight at SJP. Taking Ashley out the picture - it's just not smart to slag off the owner of somewhere you aspire to go. Had he won the fight last night a SJP bout would've been a real possibility in the next 18 months