Author Topic: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::  (Read 466328 times)

Offline Nate

• General Member
Re: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::
« Reply #12425 on: Saturday 20 July 2019, 10:12:41 PM »
Looks as though he thinks counter-punching has been outlawed. Still have no faith in Price's tank.

Offline Nate

• General Member
« Reply #12426 on: Saturday 20 July 2019, 10:24:47 PM »
<snip>

Allen doesn't look in a good way to be fair. Fair play to Price, flawless performance :thup:

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12427 on: Saturday 20 July 2019, 10:27:28 PM »
I thought Allen was really poor and was only getting good fights because he's Hearn's friend, I overrated him. Imagine finding Price's defence impregnable over 10 rounds.

Offline Shelvey's Hair

• General Member
« Reply #12428 on: Saturday 20 July 2019, 10:34:21 PM »
This is Sky sports down to a tee.. on their website.

"BARKER MAKES THE CALL

Trainer Darren Barker decided Allen had shipped enough punishment and threw in the towel.

What a massive win for Price, his heavyweight career stays alive!"

Iv just watched Dave Allen on Dazn say call it off and Darren Barker said "Eey" then shouted for the ref.

I think maybe Allen's jaw went in the 4th-6th

Offline Nate

• General Member
« Reply #12429 on: Saturday 20 July 2019, 10:36:00 PM »
Allen on the way to hospital, hope he's okay. He's received an awful lot of punish for a 27-year-old, from some of the hardest hitters in the division.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12430 on: Saturday 20 July 2019, 10:41:36 PM »
Allen on the way to hospital, hope he's okay. He's received an awful lot of punish for a 27-year-old, from some of the hardest hitters in the division.

He's had slightly slurred speech for a while, healthwise he would have been better off having a glass jaw.

Offline Nate

• General Member
« Reply #12431 on: Saturday 20 July 2019, 10:46:18 PM »
I lean towards Dillian Whyte, he has a decent size advantage, but you could argue Rivas has better pedigree if you look at his amateur career.

Dillian weighing in heavy has made me quite nervous for his stamina though - flashbacks to that 12th vs. Parker. Rivas very likely to be the better boxer in there.

Let's hope the power is too much.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12432 on: Saturday 20 July 2019, 11:53:16 PM »
Surprisingly one-sided in the end, other than getting caught by a big one. His skills are definitely improving.

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #12433 on: Saturday 20 July 2019, 11:55:55 PM »
Score cards seemed very close considering Whyte seemed to be in control for pretty much the entire fight

Offline Aiston

• General Member
« Reply #12434 on: Sunday 21 July 2019, 09:09:47 AM »
Pac is a machine, most ATG's at his age would be fighting trash or cashing out against the new guns, he is beating the new guns.

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #12435 on: Sunday 21 July 2019, 10:08:16 AM »
Remember that there was no Vada testing for that fight so he is likely juiced off his tits

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12436 on: Sunday 21 July 2019, 02:26:55 PM »
Remember that there was no Vada testing for that fight so he is likely juiced off his tits

I doubt any of the top guys in that division are keen on VADA testing. Pacquiao beating Spence would be the ultimate humiliation for this generation, part of his reputation is based on the story of him beating up Floyd in sparring.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #12437 on: Monday 22 July 2019, 09:11:01 AM »
Enjoyed the Whyte fight. It was a solid watch. Watched in pub, was a pretty good atmosphere.

Offline LionOfGosforth

• General Member
  • Geordie in NYC
« Reply #12438 on: Tuesday 23 July 2019, 01:45:49 AM »

I doubt any of the top guys in that division are keen on VADA testing. Pacquiao beating Spence would be the ultimate humiliation for this generation, part of his reputation is based on the story of him beating up Floyd in sparring.

I absolutely believe that he could if he can get motivated and into the same shape and with a gameplan like he usually does. Spence is good but I am not convinced he's "special". I think Crawford, for instance, would beat him handily.

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
« Reply #12439 on: Thursday 25 July 2019, 08:03:10 AM »
It appears Whyte tested positive for 2 banned substances before the fight, Eddies bricking it, bye bye title shot

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12440 on: Thursday 25 July 2019, 08:05:40 AM »
The heavyweight division is looking like the old Tour de France peloton with the amount of drug cheats.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #12441 on: Thursday 25 July 2019, 09:03:39 AM »
Wasn't Whyte really vocal about AJ being on steroids?  I seem to remember him tweeting The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work music video after AJ lost?  Well apparently they do, as Whyte seems to be getting better and better. 

I thought he had been done in the past, as well?

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12442 on: Friday 2 August 2019, 09:43:10 PM »
Otto Wallin is apparently Fury’s next opponent, a juicy one for the American fans in Vegas, and UK fans on PPV at 5am. One thing you can say about Tyson is he’s willing to face anyone, literally anyone.

Offline Aiston

• General Member
« Reply #12443 on: Friday 2 August 2019, 11:39:56 PM »
Whyte passed the VADA tests.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12444 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 12:18:27 AM »
UKAD seriously need to look at the way they do things. You can't clear a fighter if he has failed a drugs test, and you can't not tell the opponent for confidentiality reasons. What if the opponent gets hurt, then we learn there was a failed test but that they were cleared.

We're being told that there was a hearing and evidence was presented which resulted in him being cleared, but no one is saying what the evidence is, nor are they saying when we will find out. We're also not hearing anything about a B sample test.

It's really annoying seeing American fighters and promoters using this as an excuse to say "see, you shouldn't go fight in the UK, it's corrupt", when no f***er is getting tested over there. I don't think there's a major sport in the world that is a bigger joke when it comes to drug testing.

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #12445 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 01:36:16 PM »
https://open.spotify.com/episode/1sCQjvzu8iWAbVnUtAEz0K?si=hJCCYvyWTgapTonQe1fUlA

Second half of this podcast talking about PEDs, very interesting

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #12446 on: Friday 9 August 2019, 06:23:01 PM »
Anthony Joshua - Andy Ruiz rematch signed for December 7th. Will be taking place in Saudi Arabia...

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12447 on: Friday 9 August 2019, 07:15:36 PM »
Who can forget the amazing atmosphere at the Smith/Groves fight.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12448 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 12:16:31 AM »
Ruiz and Haymon obviously aren’t onboard with this Saudi fight, or even the rematch in general. It seems they wouldn’t do a UK fight, and now they won’t do this, would they even do a US fight? I think Haymon wants to wriggle our of this and have Wilder vs Ruiz, and once he has all the belts they’ll freeze out Joshua and Fury. I think in reality we’ll get a court case between matchroom and PBC, and the belts will divide. Pulev will end up with the IBF, and will then be fed to Fury, and Usyk will get the WBO.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12449 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 12:06:07 PM »
Cuban 2x Olympic gold medalist Robeisy Ramirez turned pro last night....... and lost to a guy with a 4-2-2 record.