Author Topic: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::  (Read 443392 times)

Online Kimbo

• General Member
Re: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::
« Reply #12050 on: Wednesday 13 February 2019, 06:02:50 pm »
The WBC ordering Whyte vs Breazeale is bigger news than the AJ fight, the winner will likely get a shot at the Wilder/Fury winner. Wilder hasn’t fought a mandatory in forever, if he has at all, I’m not sure. Proper cat among the pigeons.

Online Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12051 on: Yesterday at 01:00:08 pm »
What the f***. Tyson Fury has signed a promotional deal with Bob Arum, which means the Wilder rematch probably won't be happening. Arum and PBC hate eachother and have deals with different networks. So both Fury and Wilder ignored big offers from Joshua....... and now they're going to fight who?

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #12052 on: Yesterday at 01:18:01 pm »

Plebs :lol:
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Online Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12053 on: Yesterday at 01:23:03 pm »
Fury has no intention of ever fighting Joshua, I figured as much back when he chose BT over sky.

Offline Tisd09

• General Member
« Reply #12054 on: Yesterday at 01:45:27 pm »
What happened with Fury/Wilder first fight then? Did Fury have a non exclusive deal at that point?

I'm not sure if true or not but heard on a podcast that Warren approached Matchroom for a split BT/Sky deal for AJ/Fury knowing AJ couldn't do it because of the Sky deal?
"Now who ya gonna run to?"

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #12055 on: Yesterday at 01:46:08 pm »
All of this can be negotiated. Calm yourselves. :lol:

Offline Tisd09

• General Member
« Reply #12056 on: Yesterday at 01:55:58 pm »
Let me have my snowflake moment man :)

I certainly can't see Sky backing down at any price
"Now who ya gonna run to?"

Online Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12057 on: Yesterday at 02:22:37 pm »
What happened with Fury/Wilder first fight then? Did Fury have a non exclusive deal at that point?

I'm not sure if true or not but heard on a podcast that Warren approached Matchroom for a split BT/Sky deal for AJ/Fury knowing AJ couldn't do it because of the Sky deal?

Fury didn't have a US tv deal. Froggy is right that it can be negotiated, but they usually don't, it tends to happen for the biggest fights like Mayweather/Pacquiao and Tyson/Lewis, when the money is too good not to. Wilder and Fury only did about 300k buys in the US, which was not enough. My guess is that the 3 of them will go their separate ways.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #12058 on: Yesterday at 03:28:48 pm »
Bad news. No chance of Fury fighting Wilder or Joshua now.