Author Topic: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::  (Read 439499 times)

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
Re: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::
« Reply #12300 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 09:11:58 pm »
:lol: Whyte’s reaction

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #12301 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 09:29:15 pm »
Chisora wtf

:lol:

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #12302 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 09:52:23 pm »
Chisora wtf

:lol: Creased at that. Whyte's reaction :lol:

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #12303 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 10:22:29 pm »
It's an hour later and I'm still giggling at the mere thought of what he said.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #12304 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 10:25:38 pm »
His pleased nod when he’s saying “everbody knew exactly what I was talking about” :lol:

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #12305 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 10:37:21 pm »
Chisora wtf

Brilliant :lol:
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #12306 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 10:38:47 pm »
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #12307 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 10:56:39 pm »
Sorry for triple post but can't get over how good that is. You could spend any amount of money in the world on actors and not get a better facial expression from Whyte or a better delivery of the line "everybody knew exactly what I was talking about" :lol:

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #12308 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 11:09:02 pm »
One of them that gets progressively funnier with each watch. :lol:
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #12309 on: Tuesday 4 December 2018, 10:57:40 am »
One of them that gets progressively funnier with each watch. :lol:

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #12310 on: Tuesday 4 December 2018, 11:40:48 am »
An alarming number of Americans on Twitter not understanding how boxing fights are scored :lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #12311 on: Tuesday 4 December 2018, 12:49:22 pm »
His pleased nod when he’s saying “everbody knew exactly what I was talking about” :lol:

:lol: The increasing panic when a joke you leaned into doesn't land. He's 100 percent winning that fight now.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12312 on: Tuesday 4 December 2018, 05:30:56 pm »
An alarming number of Americans on Twitter not understanding how boxing fights are scored :lol:

You can bet they’ll know when an American is on the wrong end. The US is the new Germany when it comes to judging, it was never clean but f***ing hell, every PPV is bent.

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #12313 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 02:12:16 pm »
Looks like Joyce might be fighting Ortiz. Nice.

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #12314 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 04:36:03 pm »
Some people want their champion to be skilled, Wilder being an undefeated heavyweight champion isn't really a good look, all he is is a long guy with a big punch, his skillset wouldn't be enough in any other weight division. It exposes the lack of depth at heavyweight.

This is not true like. No other division has a boxer that's KD or KO'd so many opponents. The power the lad has - is up there with the greatest ever.

It's a single trick but it's devastating.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12315 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 05:44:50 pm »
But the reason he has KO'd so many is partly due to the lack of depth. If a fighter just has one big punch then a top level boxer should be able to deal with it, todays heavyweights can't deal with it because they lack skill and the conditioning to go 12 rounds. Wilders best opponent prior to Fury was a man with dangerously high blood pressure in his mid 40s, Wilders opposition is absolutely shocking for someone that has held a world title for 4 years.

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #12316 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 12:31:56 pm »
But the reason he has KO'd so many is partly due to the lack of depth. If a fighter just has one big punch then a top level boxer should be able to deal with it, todays heavyweights can't deal with it because they lack skill and the conditioning to go 12 rounds. Wilders best opponent prior to Fury was a man with dangerously high blood pressure in his mid 40s, Wilders opposition is absolutely shocking for someone that has held a world title for 4 years.
There's a truth that there's a lack of depth at that level and that's contributed sure.

Heavyweights of today tend to be much bigger than heavyweights of the past. Heavyweights of the past coming in at 92-95kg would also have their heads blown off by Wilder.

But I do agree it's a contributing factor the depth. But I think the point still stands that Wilder's right is one of the most devastating the sport has ever seen. If it were merely "good" he would've been defeated by one of the many boxers that are technically superior to him.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12317 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 05:28:53 pm »
It’s not that I even deny that it’s a huge punch, I just think really skilled boxers would make sure it doesn’t land, like an out of shape Fury did for most of the night. He’s not exactly subtle about when he’s going to throw it, you actually see him stuttering forward loading up on it.

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #12318 on: Friday 7 December 2018, 09:47:51 pm »
Fury Wilder rematch ordered by the WBC

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #12319 on: Friday 7 December 2018, 10:43:11 pm »
So that's potentially another two fights before either of them fight Joshua. f***s sake.

Online chopey

• General Member
« Reply #12320 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:10:26 am »
Kell Brook weighs in nearly 4 lbs light for tonights fight against a naturally bigger guy with a good record, Zerafa's odds of 16/1 seem good value.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12321 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 02:53:59 pm »
The Josh Kelly fight is off, they say he fell ill overnight but he looked proper weird at the weigh in yesterday. That was the only fight I was really interested in, it was a big step up.

Offline Nate

• General Member
« Reply #12322 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 09:38:18 pm »
Christ, this really is a thin card without the Kelly fight.

I've seen next to nothing of Zerafa. I guess you could take 33/1 for him to win by knock-out given Brook has suffered 2 different orbital fractures in 2 of his last 3 fights.

Be interesting to see how Kell looks without Ingle in his corner.

Offline Nate

• General Member
« Reply #12323 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:21:20 pm »
Buffer for this, ffs :lol: Must have lowered his rates.

Online Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #12324 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:18:12 pm »
Worst i’ve seen Kell fight that.