Author Topic: Anyone got any giggs to look forward to this year?  (Read 281389 times)

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
Bearings Straight!

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
Re: Anyone got any giggs to look forward to this year?
« Reply #6101 on: Saturday 5 October 2019, 07:55:19 PM »
Went to see Fat Boy Slim last night at Mainyard for Shindig. Was in a purpose built 'shed' next to Gateshead Stadium.

Not really a big dance/house music fan (went with the missus), but FBS actually does put on a cracking set.

Thats it for gigs for us this year, but did manage to get tickets for Sam Fender at the Arena next April.
Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #6102 on: Sunday 6 October 2019, 03:22:24 PM »
Greta Van Fleet up next. :)
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #6103 on: Sunday 6 October 2019, 08:15:07 PM »
Catfish next month. Don’t think anything will be as good as the lottery winners last week.

Online mofo

• General Member
  • Take it easy sir Bob.
« Reply #6104 on: Thursday 10 October 2019, 10:21:30 AM »
Dylan John Thomas at The Head of Steam tonight, looking forward to it.

Catfish and Gerry Cinnamon next month.

Also see Kyle Falconer is playing at the Clunny in December, really tempted by that, used to love the View.
f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley, f*** you Ashley you're a smelly cock.

Offline Toon Hoser

• General Member
« Reply #6105 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 07:53:07 PM »
Chameleons and Theatre of Hate played Toronto last night.  Both were outstanding.

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #6106 on: Saturday 12 October 2019, 08:00:25 PM »
Fatboy slim last week, then the sherlocks, catfish, the amazons and liam Gallagher

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #6107 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 12:46:00 AM »
Chameleons and Theatre of Hate played Toronto last night.  Both were outstanding.

Ah man, thanks so much for posting this. Didn't realise Chameleons were touring and just seen they're playing a London gig in December, I'll definitely be going to that. Always assumed I'd never get to see them!

Offline Toon Hoser

• General Member
« Reply #6108 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 01:23:37 AM »

Ah man, thanks so much for posting this. Didn't realise Chameleons were touring and just seen they're playing a London gig in December, I'll definitely be going to that. Always assumed I'd never get to see them!

Saw the concert listing by total chance.  I also thought I’d never see them live.  They played all their old classics and sounded great.

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #6109 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 01:31:42 AM »
:sweetjesus: can't wait, cheers again :)

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #6110 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 09:58:33 AM »

:pow:

Offline Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #6111 on: Sunday 13 October 2019, 01:11:22 PM »
Some Queen night at Wylam brewery for my cousins birthday last night. Was decent.  Got full of Jakehead and Hickey the Rake.....always makes for a good night :D

Offline Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #6112 on: Saturday 2 November 2019, 03:07:09 AM »
Gatecrasher at Sheffield tomorrow. 

I feel like a youngn again, influx of anticipation/disco s***s.

Absolutely can't wait.

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #6113 on: Friday 29 November 2019, 12:52:08 PM »
The boy Fender and man of the moment Cinnamon announced as the first headliners for next year's This Is Tomorrow festival.

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #6114 on: Friday 29 November 2019, 01:33:45 PM »
The boy Fender and man of the moment Cinnamon announced as the first headliners for next year's This Is Tomorrow festival.

Will wait and see who is headlining Friday and/or the others lined up before deciding on tickets.

Already going to see Fender at the Arena next year, which is only the month (or so) before this.

Went to the saturday of this years event and saw Editors, The Vaccines before Noel Gallagher, so its a decent little fest, if they get the right bands on.

Not sure about Gerry Cinnamon - is he headline material yet? Honestly only heard one or two songs, and he sounds like the lost Proclaimer, with his strong glaswegian signing style.
Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #6115 on: Friday 29 November 2019, 01:43:18 PM »

Will wait and see who is headlining Friday and/or the others lined up before deciding on tickets.

Already going to see Fender at the Arena next year, which is only the month (or so) before this.

Went to the saturday of this years event and saw Editors, The Vaccines before Noel Gallagher, so its a decent little fest, if they get the right bands on.

Not sure about Gerry Cinnamon - is he headline material yet? Honestly only heard one or two songs, and he sounds like the lost Proclaimer, with his strong glaswegian signing style.

Can't take him seriously since seeing him called 'Ned Sheeran' online. :lol:

Anyway - sold 50k tickets for Hampden Park in minutes, so it's probably justified aye.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #6116 on: Saturday 30 November 2019, 07:31:12 AM »
Some of the videos on Twitter from his recent tour look absolutely mental, I think it's more about the atmosphere but hes developing huge amount of hype

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #6117 on: Saturday 7 December 2019, 08:00:59 AM »
Went to see the lathums the other night in academy  2. Hadnt listened to them before, but was seriously impressed. I'm sure they're going to be huge in no time. They look like they're still at school but put on a very mature performance and the lead guitarist is ridiculously talented. The crowd were well up for it too, they've got a real hardcore following at an early stage.

Bought tickets for cinnamon and the kooks at this is tomorrow yesterday. 👍

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #6118 on: Saturday 7 December 2019, 11:01:37 PM »
Went to see the lathums the other night in academy  2. Hadnt listened to them before, but was seriously impressed. I'm sure they're going to be huge in no time. They look like they're still at school but put on a very mature performance and the lead guitarist is ridiculously talented. The crowd were well up for it too, they've got a real hardcore following at an early stage.

Mate went and said the same when I saw him at the Ride gig last night.

Just a shame Vida have split. They were IMO going to be the next BIG guitar band. Hopefully they can bang their heads together and realise what they are throwing away :(

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #6119 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 07:54:38 AM »

Just a shame Vida have split. They were IMO going to be the next BIG guitar band. Hopefully they can bang their heads together and realise what they are throwing away :(
Didn't realise they had split, saw them supporting the sherlocks and thought the same

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #6120 on: Monday 9 December 2019, 01:50:22 AM »

Didn't realise they had split, saw them supporting the sherlocks and thought the same

Yep. Band kicked the singer out who’s now gone solo. Think he got with a lass from Newcastle and they’ve had a bairn. The rest of the band are based in Alloa. Rumour has it they wanted to increase touring whilst Jamie Pollock was wanting to hit the studio probably so he could see bairn more and be based in Newcastle.

Just got my refund through for their Xmas Glasgow gig :(