Author Topic: Two appear on explosives charges  (Read 3232 times)

Offline Rob W

• General Member
Two appear on explosives charges
« on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 12:19:14 PM »

Two appear on explosives charges
A former British National Party (BNP) candidate and a dentist have appeared in court in on explosives charges.

Robert Cottage, 49, from Colne, Lancashire and David Jackson, 62, from Nelson, Lancs, attended a pre-trial hearing at Preston Crown Court.

The two men, who are accused of possession of explosive material, spoke only to confirm their names.

Recorder Anthony Russell QC set a trial date for the 12 February 2007 at Manchester crown court.

No application for bail was made.
The rapturous, wild & ineffable pleasure of drinking at someone else's expense

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
Re: Two appear on explosives charges
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 12:22:33 PM »
Explosives charges over explosive charges?

Offline Rob W

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 01:45:34 PM »
not muslims so no headlines
The rapturous, wild & ineffable pleasure of drinking at someone else's expense

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 04:42:07 PM »

Sad, but certainly true.  I await for someone to say that's bullshit like.  Blatently brushed over.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 04:44:35 PM »

Sad, but certainly true.  I await for someone to say that's bullshit like.  Blatently brushed over.

Actually I heard about this on Five Live when they were arrested the other week.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 04:59:30 PM »

Actually I heard about this on Five Live when they were arrested the other week.

Contrast that with what happens when they arrest a supposed terrorist and find nothing...

I'm not saying it's not been heard, of course it has, but it's not the main news, and it should be.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 05:07:41 PM »
Well of course, stories about Muslims sell at the moment. That's not going to chance for the time being.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 05:09:30 PM »
It's not just that they sell, the briefing cosy relationship with Downing street green lighting and informing these stories is also the cause.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 05:11:57 PM »
I'd suggest that it's more the fact that The Sun, The Mail et al have a large hardcore of readers that are against all 'foreigners'. A front page screaming about Muslims 'at it again' sells papers.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 05:14:35 PM »
^^^

That as well. bluesigh.gif

alex

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 05:25:16 PM »
I'd suggest that it's more the fact that The Sun, The Mail et al have a large hardcore of readers that are against all 'foreigners'. A front page screaming about Muslims 'at it again' sells papers.
Ironically, ex-pats love the Mail too.

Offline indi

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.

optimistic nit

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 05:53:56 PM »
Well of course, stories about Muslims sell at the moment. That's not going to chance for the time being.
i wouldn't say thats the reason. i would say they would sell more if anything. reasons are purely political and nowt to do with how many papers it would sell.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 06:58:58 PM »
*cough* http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,30207.msg573027.html#msg573027 *cough*

You've been doing alot of *cough* *cough*ing lately Indigo...get yourself some of this mate!

Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul