Author Topic: Motile Merm killed by Mobile Phern  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Happy Face

• General Member
  • The forum equivalent of Arnie in T2

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: Motile Merm killed by Mobile Phern
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 10:29:21 PM »
Tell us something we don't know (OK, I didn't know that specifically).  But to be brutally honest, anyone that thinks mobiles aren't doing some sort of damage to us needs their head examined, to put it lightly.  blueyes.gif
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Chrissy Bee

• Nee No Quarter
  • General Member
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 10:51:15 PM »
The important three paragraphs are these:

Other researchers cautioned that the study shows only an association between mobile phone use and sperm counts and not a causal link. It is more likely that heavy use is a proxy for another factor, such as stress or obesity, that is actually responsible for the effect, they said.

"On the face of it, the findings seem pretty robust, but I can only assume that mobile phone use is some kind of surrogate for something else," said Allan Pacey, a senior lecturer in andrology at the University of Sheffield. "If you are holding it up to your head to speak a lot, it makes no sense it is having a direct effect on your testes.

"Maybe people who use a phone for four hours a day spend more time sitting in cars, which could mean there’s a heat issue. It could be they are more stressed, or more sedentary and sit about eating junk food getting fat. Those seem to be better explanations than a phone causing the damage at such a great distance."

The rest is media sensationalism and a scientist posturing for greater publicity/money/whatever.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 11:36:43 PM »
Me cock hasn't rang home for a long time now.

He finds the slider on me D600 hard to push up.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 11:38:30 PM »
See my mobile phone thread. Me friend works for Ericksson in Finland and got rid of his phone more or less a few months after he started there even though he could have a free one. All you need to know really.

Offline ChezGiven

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 11:44:50 PM »
See my mobile phone thread. Me friend works for Ericksson in Finland and got rid of his phone more or less a few months after he started there even though he could have a free one. All you need to know really.

Everyone thinks he's weird because of the foil hat though?

Invicta_Toon

« Reply #6 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 11:47:18 PM »
2 facts people should be aware of

1. fertility has been decreasing for decades, long before mobiles

2. every bloke has a mobile

from that, a scientific hypothesis one can not make

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 11:50:33 PM »
Waht about the increase of cauliflower ear?? blueupset.gif bluewink.gif