Author Topic: Games you're looking forward to  (Read 9263 times)

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
Re: Games you're looking forward to
« Reply #25 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:27:33 PM »
Notice how Elric spelt 'f***'? Look and learn my friend, look and learn.

It looks so much better as fuk tbh.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:28:25 PM »
Notice how Elric spelt 'f***'? Look and learn my friend, look and learn.

I dsgre.

Offline Dr Spectrum

• General Member
« Reply #27 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:30:17 PM »
I absolutely loved Neverwinter Nights. Spent countless hours over countless days over countless months playing it online - and I'm absolutely f***ing gutted that my computer isn't good enough for me to able to play it while the online community is still alive.

What needs replacing in your computer?

Its the graphics card. I bought a new one last year but the power supply wasn't powerful enough to run it. In the end I would have needed a new power supply, and a new case  on top of the cost of the card - The money just got a bit silly for me so I took it back and am now left with old one - Which is pretty shitty.

b******.

Cheap PSU?

You can get em real cheap, Q-Tec's, 600W for £15! Be warned though.

What you got at the moment?

PS: You can get an extra PSU which mounts into the 5" drive for GFX cards. 250W for about £25.

Could be a possibility.

I got the computer from PC World back in about '03 - Its factory built to absolute bare minimum standards. The Graphics Card is an absolutely bottom of the line GeForce MX420 and the Power Supply is the absolute minimum to run that - I'm not sure but I think its 150w. I didn't have a clue about that when last christmas I bought a new card - memory serves it was a GeForce 6600. Obviously it wouldn't work properly with so little power - took it back to the shop and they said that if they were going to change the power supply I would need a bigger case to fit it in. Came to the realisation then that this thing has had its day when it comes to running the latest games and have pretty much given up. Last thing I got it to run was Civ 4. I'm not going to spend any more trying to creak the odd game out of it - it aint worth it.

I just hope that buy the time I get round to buying something kickass there'll still be someone around to get my inevitable Badger animal companion to attack  bluebiggrin.gif

You can get some decent gaming latops these days.

Try Zepto, really good gear for the price.

http://uk.zepto.com/Default.aspx?page=Configurator&configurationid=eCrZXG27GT

This baby has: nVidia Geforce Go 7600 256MB graphics

Along with:

100271   15.4" WXGA+ Crystal clear (2425W)   
   120622   2.00 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo T7200 4MB   
   130121   2048MB (2x1024) DDR2 PC5300 - 667MHZ   
   140020   100GB 7200omdr. SATA Hitachi   
   150122   DVD-RW Dual Layer Burner (All)   
   260025   Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG 54Mbit   
   200200   No operating system   
   170089   UK (United Kingdom) 2225/2425   
   250319   High Performance battery for 2x25W - 9 Cell   
   250202   AC Adapter UK plug all types   
   300200   12 months warr. (6 mths on battery); return to base, parts & labour   

For less than £1000.

Spent a £1000 on this bugger here (for xmas 05 (desktop)), and really that would keep up, and maybe out perform it in places.

As much as I would like to actively play NWN2 it is not worth that much money to me...! There are other things I would rather spend my money on first. For now i'm comfortable enough kicking back with PES5 and HL2/CS:S...and I've still got some old golden oldies I could blow the dust off...

NWN 3 maybe....

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #28 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 10:09:11 PM »
Well, in anticipation of Neverwinter Nights 2, i thought I'd start a thread for all those waiting on a game.

With the passing of FM2007 i thought I'd find out what else were all counting the days too.

Well NWN2 (http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/674/674385.html) is top of my list, such a fantastic game 1st time round, this will be better, i cannot wait.

I also like the look of Assassins Creed (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/834/834724.html) which is a 360 game, and i'm actually considering buying one because of the previews i've seen of this game.

Dark Messiah (http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/736/736193.html) looks like another class title, 10GB of game, downloadable off Steam, but you can do it now, and it will activate at a certain time when its released.

Looks class, very much like Oblivion, which brings me nicely to an Oblivion expansion which should hit the stores sometime in the next few month (and i was about to part ex it as well)

While looking at Dark Messiah from Steam i saw a game called DEFCON, (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/740/740863p1.html) which looks canny, for £10, and with a score of 8.5 from IGN, and as high as maximum score from others, this looks like a little gem.

Plus welcome the return of Sam & Max (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/739/739781p1.html) looks like there back with 3 more episodes to be released in the future and a strong developing team behind them all the way.

That's what am looking at for the future, how about you?

ive pre-ordered a fancy set for assasins creed from play-asia.com. Dont even know what its about, but its only £~32.12   + P&P so can't complain.

Not that its out for ages like.

BooBoo

« Reply #29 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 11:25:11 PM »
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

:thup:

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 11:27:26 PM »
Games haven't changed in 10 years still the same old tired formula.

Offline M4

• General Member
« Reply #31 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 11:28:59 PM »
The new Zelda, man! Howay!

Agreed, can't wait. Also, thank f*** someone corrected the thread title ;)

how weird ... didn't see the error but thought: "Bet that said "your" at first"  blueeek.gif
"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 11:30:44 PM »
And it said 'too'. :thdn:

;)

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 11:43:58 PM »
And it said 'too'. :thdn:

;)

Aye, correct grammar would've obviously been 'Games you're looking forward to too'

JPFIN

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 07:24:56 AM »
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

:thup:

Absolutely, but its too far away to really give it any serious thought.
Any news about the release date? Next autumn I think bluesigh.gif

ticaL

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 01:37:04 PM »
Games haven't changed in 10 years still the same old tired formula.

You haven't played killer7

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 01:52:05 PM »
Phoenix Wright 2: Justice For All for the DS.

Should be available soon cos it's out in Japan tomorrow and the jap version has English built in.

Offline Syrette

• TAFKA Role Model
  • General Member
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 02:44:29 PM »
GUITAR HERO 2.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 02:48:59 PM »
GUITAR HERO 2.

\o/

Can't wait for this on the 360.

Offline Clay

• General Member
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 02:56:53 PM »
:lol: What the hells guitar hero all about? Isn't it just the same principle of a dance mat?

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 03:01:46 PM »
:lol: What the hells guitar hero all about? Isn't it just the same principle of a dance mat?

Probably, but with rock songs and a jazzy little guitar that will be wireless on 360.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 03:02:36 PM »
GUITAR HERO 2.

\o/

Can't wait for this on the 360.

what is this? not the game where you pretend to hold a guitar and perform to a computer audience...?
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 03:04:22 PM »
Downloadable songs over Xbox Live too. I had a go on the first one (on PS2) and it was f***ing hilarious.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 03:09:07 PM »
lol, looks class!
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 03:10:06 PM »
singstar superstar is another game which is absolute CLASS when drunk with mates :lol:

Offline Clay

• General Member
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 03:38:31 PM »
I can't f***ing wait to get me 360 now like.. Shame i have to wait until christmas  :wullie:

Offline Mugatu

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 04:15:49 PM »
Yea, 360s are amazing! Can't wait for Gears of War, Pro Evo 6, Tiger 07, Tony Hawk Project 8, Bioshock, Alan Wake, Guitar Hero, Forza 2...... too many good game coming out over the next 6 months

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 07:40:39 PM »
im tempted to buy Marvel: Ultimate Alliance too, but there arent any reviews around at all. annoying.

Offline Syrette

• TAFKA Role Model
  • General Member
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 24 October 2006, 07:45:28 PM »

Probably, but with rock songs and a jazzy little guitar that will be wireless on 360.

So tempted to put off getting the PS2 version in order to get that. The wireless controller a big part in my thinking.

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 25 October 2006, 12:10:17 AM »
Notice how Elric spelt '****'? Look and learn my friend, look and learn.

I dsgre.

fuck

tbh ;)
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.