Author Topic: Games you're looking forward to  (Read 9258 times)

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
Games you're looking forward to
« on: Monday 23 October 2006, 08:24:20 PM »
Well, in anticipation of Neverwinter Nights 2, i thought I'd start a thread for all those waiting on a game.

With the passing of FM2007 i thought I'd find out what else were all counting the days too.

Well NWN2 (http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/674/674385.html) is top of my list, such a fantastic game 1st time round, this will be better, i cannot wait.

I also like the look of Assassins Creed (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/834/834724.html) which is a 360 game, and i'm actually considering buying one because of the previews i've seen of this game.

Dark Messiah (http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/736/736193.html) looks like another class title, 10GB of game, downloadable off Steam, but you can do it now, and it will activate at a certain time when its released.

Looks class, very much like Oblivion, which brings me nicely to an Oblivion expansion which should hit the stores sometime in the next few month (and i was about to part ex it as well)

While looking at Dark Messiah from Steam i saw a game called DEFCON, (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/740/740863p1.html) which looks canny, for £10, and with a score of 8.5 from IGN, and as high as maximum score from others, this looks like a little gem.

Plus welcome the return of Sam & Max (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/739/739781p1.html) looks like there back with 3 more episodes to be released in the future and a strong developing team behind them all the way.

That's what am looking at for the future, how about you?
« Last Edit: Monday 23 October 2006, 08:41:32 PM by Dave »

nufcandy

Re: Games your looking forward too.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 08:25:26 PM »
Medieval Total War 2 - quality, bring it on

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 08:27:00 PM »
Medieval Total War 2 - quality, bring it on

What format? PC?

nufcandy

« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 08:29:33 PM »
sorry aye.
http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/800/800327.html

just looks class, and im a fan of the series

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 08:30:41 PM »
The expansion to AOE3 is being eagerly anticipated.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 08:33:32 PM »
sorry aye.

Some fantastic looking screens there.

Not a fan of the whole strategy, too much going on at once, me brain cant keep track. Don't mind turn based though like the Civ series. (although looking further it looks quite civvy on some screens)

Offline Tooj

• General Member
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Chrissy Bee

• Nee No Quarter
  • General Member
« Reply #8 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 08:38:38 PM »
Yoshi's Island 2 on the DS is pretty exciting! Final Fantasy 3, pokemon diamond and Zelda will also sort out the lack of RPGs on the console.

I've kind of neglected my PC following disappointments with Serious Sam2 and FEAR, I'm not sure what to look forward to. Oblivion was great and the previews of Dark Messiah have looked decent enough.

Half life 2: episode two will definitely be awesome when it comes out though (I absolutely loved ep1).

Offline Dr Spectrum

• General Member
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 08:38:44 PM »
I absolutely loved Neverwinter Nights. Spent countless hours over countless days over countless months playing it online - and I'm absolutely f***ing gutted that my computer isn't good enough for me to able to play it while the online community is still alive.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #10 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 08:39:46 PM »
I absolutely loved Neverwinter Nights. Spent countless hours over countless days over countless months playing it online - and I'm absolutely f***ing gutted that my computer isn't good enough for me to able to play it while the online community is still alive.

What needs replacing in your computer?

nufcandy

« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 08:40:02 PM »
sorry aye.

Some fantastic looking screens there.

Not a fan of the whole strategy, too much going on at once, me brain cant keep track. Don't mind turn based though like the Civ series. (although looking further it looks quite civvy on some screens)

aye it is like but i just think that its quality, the battles are rock hard unless youve got dominating numbers :)

Offline Dr Spectrum

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 08:44:08 PM »

Its the graphics card. I bought a new one last year but the power supply wasn't powerful enough to run it. In the end I would have needed a new power supply, and a new case  on top of the cost of the card - The money just got a bit silly for me so I took it back and am now left with old one - Which is pretty shitty.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #13 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 08:46:42 PM »

Its the graphics card. I bought a new one last year but the power supply wasn't powerful enough to run it. In the end I would have needed a new power supply, and a new case  on top of the cost of the card - The money just got a bit silly for me so I took it back and am now left with old one - Which is pretty shitty.

b******.

Cheap PSU?

You can get em real cheap, Q-Tec's, 600W for £15! Be warned though.

What you got at the moment?

PS: You can get an extra PSU which mounts into the 5" drive for GFX cards. 250W for about £25.

Could be a possibility.

Offline Dr Spectrum

• General Member
Re: Games you're looking forward to
« Reply #14 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:03:30 PM »

b******.

Cheap PSU?

PS: You can get an extra PSU which mounts into the 5" drive for GFX cards. 250W for about £25.

Could be a possibility.

I got the computer from PC World back in about '03 - Its factory built to absolute bare minimum standards. The Graphics Card is an absolutely bottom of the line GeForce MX420 and the Power Supply is the absolute minimum to run that - I'm not sure but I think its 150w. I didn't have a clue about that when last christmas I bought a new card - memory serves it was a GeForce 6600. Obviously it wouldn't work properly with so little power - took it back to the shop and they said that if they were going to change the power supply I would need a bigger case to fit it in. Came to the realisation then that this thing has had its day when it comes to running the latest games and have pretty much given up. Last thing I got it to run was Civ 4. I'm not going to spend any more trying to creak the odd game out of it - it aint worth it.

I just hope that buy the time I get round to buying something kickass there'll still be someone around to get my inevitable Badger animal companion to attack  bluebiggrin.gif

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #15 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:07:36 PM »
The new Zelda, man! Howay!

JPFIN

« Reply #16 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:08:42 PM »
The new Splinter Cell.

Offline Elric

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:13:13 PM »

Agreed, can't wait. Also, thank f*** someone corrected the thread title ;)
Soon this will feel like a distant dream. Until then, may you rest in a deep and dreamless slumber

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #18 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:16:34 PM »

:BangHead: :oops:

Am just fuking s*** at the whole spelling & grammar thing, i shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard tbh.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:16:57 PM »

That would be me. ;)

nufcandy

« Reply #20 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:18:16 PM »

Agreed, can't wait. Also, thank **** someone corrected the thread title ;)

:BangHead: :oops:

Am just fuking s*** at the whole spelling & grammar thing, i shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard tbh.

i didnt even notice it tbh

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #21 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:22:16 PM »

b******.

Cheap PSU?

Could be a possibility.

I got the computer from PC World back in about '03 - Its factory built to absolute bare minimum standards. The Graphics Card is an absolutely bottom of the line GeForce MX420 and the Power Supply is the absolute minimum to run that - I'm not sure but I think its 150w. I didn't have a clue about that when last christmas I bought a new card - memory serves it was a GeForce 6600. Obviously it wouldn't work properly with so little power - took it back to the shop and they said that if they were going to change the power supply I would need a bigger case to fit it in. Came to the realisation then that this thing has had its day when it comes to running the latest games and have pretty much given up. Last thing I got it to run was Civ 4. I'm not going to spend any more trying to creak the odd game out of it - it aint worth it.

I just hope that buy the time I get round to buying something kickass there'll still be someone around to get my inevitable Badger animal companion to attack  bluebiggrin.gif

You can get some decent gaming latops these days.

Try Zepto, really good gear for the price.

http://uk.zepto.com/Default.aspx?page=Configurator&configurationid=eCrZXG27GT

This baby has: nVidia Geforce Go 7600 256MB graphics

Along with:

100271   15.4" WXGA+ Crystal clear (2425W)   
   120622   2.00 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo T7200 4MB   
   130121   2048MB (2x1024) DDR2 PC5300 - 667MHZ   
   140020   100GB 7200omdr. SATA Hitachi   
   150122   DVD-RW Dual Layer Burner (All)   
   260025   Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG 54Mbit   
   200200   No operating system   
   170089   UK (United Kingdom) 2225/2425   
   250319   High Performance battery for 2x25W - 9 Cell   
   250202   AC Adapter UK plug all types   
   300200   12 months warr. (6 mths on battery); return to base, parts & labour   

For less than £1000.

Spent a £1000 on this bugger here (for xmas 05 (desktop)), and really that would keep up, and maybe out perform it in places.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #22 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:23:01 PM »

That would be me. ;)

Me little Guardian Angel.

:lol:

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:26:27 PM »
Notice how Elric spelt 'f***'? Look and learn my friend, look and learn.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #24 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 09:26:38 PM »

b******.

Cheap PSU?

Could be a possibility.

You can get some decent gaming latops these days.

Try Zepto, really good gear for the price.

http://uk.zepto.com/Default.aspx?page=Configurator&configurationid=eCrZXG27GT

This baby has: nVidia Geforce Go 7600 256MB graphics

Along with:

100271   15.4" WXGA+ Crystal clear (2425W)   
   150122   DVD-RW Dual Layer Burner (All)   
   170089   UK (United Kingdom) 2225/2425   
   250319   High Performance battery for 2x25W - 9 Cell   

For less than £1000.

Spent a £1000 on this bugger here (for xmas 05 (desktop)), and really that would keep up, and maybe out perform it in places.

Actually:

nVidia Geforce Go 7600 512MB graphics card

Zepto Znote 6314W - Coming soon! - Extreme   

100283   14" WXGA Crystal Clear 1280x768 (6314W)   
   150121   DVD-RW Dual Layer Burner Slot-in (All)   
   270010   Built-in bluetooth   
   170101   UK (United Kingdom) 6x14 White   
   250324   6 Cell Standard Battery   

Again less that £1000.

New thats good stuff.

I really want  :(