Middlesbrough 1-0 Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Roeder is an incompetent, stupid, senile and gutless manager. The person who appointed him is all of those things 10 times magnified.

We're a mess, something needs to be done.

Well said. Nuff said.

How much better were we without that lazy foreigner Emre in midfield?

from the sounds of the radio we played pretty well. certainly we started off very brightly and were all over boro for the majority of the first half. though of course, we started games just as brightly with Emre in the side as well. People like to focus on one or two individuals in the team as if they are to blame for all our problems (even saying emre faked the fener injury for example) when in fact the real problems are higher up the chain of command. Liam RIdgewell was arguably the worst defender in the division last season, and has looked one of the best this season, simply because of a change at the top. even the lampooned titus bramble has looked good under better managers. we can replace as many individual players as we like but until a change is made for the better at managerial level we won't be successful. and we aren't going to get that right until we have another chairman so it seems like we're in for a bit of a wait.

Guest Armchair Pundit

Just a thought... is it coincidence that our fortunes have changed where Roeder's concerned since Alan Shearer stopped co-managing at the end of last season? I know some people won't want to hear that as they hate the thought of Big Al having anything to do with the club but it's a fair observation.

Just a thought... is it coincidence that our fortunes have changed where Roeder's concerned since Alan Shearer stopped co-managing at the end of last season? I know some people won't want to hear that as the hate the thought of Big Al having anything to do with the club but it's a fair observation.

It's a good point, one I've been considering for quite some time

Just a thought... is it coincidence that our fortunes have changed where Roeder's concerned since Alan Shearer stopped co-managing at the end of last season? I know some people won't want to hear that as the hate the thought of Big Al having anything to do with the club but it's a fair observation.

well roeder has very little charisma or presence or natural authority. he is the most boring man to ever have spoken on radio. so there is the possibility that shearer helped in this regard.

Guest Ridzuan

It's a good point, one I've been considering for quite some time

Could be.But dont think we will try to hire Shearer and make him the assistant manager again.And considering most part of the matches the two were involved were relatively against weaker opponents,it is no surprise.

Fucking shite.

First-half diagnosis?

First 20 minutes was actually pretty good, passed it around well and a few good through balls to Martins. He should have scored like. Boro had a few shots but from my seat I had no idea if they went miles wide or just a little bit.

Second-half diagnosis?

Absolutely toss. Defended ok, just had absolutely nothing upfront. Huth and Woodgate were really solid but we didn't test them greatly. Why does Duff get the ball and expect the overlap from the left back who is a right footed centre back? Can't he realise that that tactic won't work well with Ramage?

Full-time diagnosis?

Wank. We're 3 points from 20th place, going to be a LONG season.

Star man for United?

Parker was excellent as ever, I thought Taylor and Moore had decent games too.

Worst United player?

Milner/Ameobi. Don't see what anyone sees in Milner in the slightest, i'm quicker than he is.

Opposition comment?

Didn't deserve any more than we did, 0-0 would have been fair. Sitting for 90 minutes surrounded by Smoggy children in silly red caps wasn't a great experience either.

Toon-pros?

We nearly kept a clean sheet.

Toon-cons?

We really don't look like scoring from open play, why the fuck does no one shoot from outside the box? Oh, and why the fuck did we give Nicky Butt a shooting chance from a free kick at the end?!

Post-match feelings?

Roeder is a divvy, why bring Zog on in the 88th minute? Was he playing for 0-0 all of the second half?

Just a thought... is it coincidence that our fortunes have changed where Roeder's concerned since Alan Shearer stopped co-managing at the end of last season? I know some people won't want to hear that as they hate the thought of Big Al having anything to do with the club but it's a fair observation.

Our fortunes have changed because of one thing only, Roeder isn't good enough and he hasn't got the lift of Souness leaving.

Guest Geordiesned

Just got back. Quick thoughts. What a joke we have become. What the hell was the point in bringing in Zoggy for Milner with 2 minutes to go?! 3 great chances missed - Boro had one off the line and a great save from Harper as their main efforts apart from the goal. I've yet to see the goal on tv to see who, if anyone, was to blame. 7 points from 9 games is disgraceful. We simply must take 6 points from the next 2 home games to try and drag ourselves out of the shit.

Just got back. Quick thoughts. What a joke we have become. What the hell was the point in bringing in Zoggy for Milner with 2 minutes to go?! 3 great chances missed - Boro had one off the line and a great save from Harper as their main efforts apart from the goal. I've yet to see the goal on tv to see who, if anyone, was to blame. 7 points from 9 games is disgraceful. We simply must take 6 points from the next 2 home games to try and drag ourselves out of the shit.

Sadly true, what a mess.

Guest smoggeordie

Once again we've been mugged by an absolute shite side. We're shitter than shit.

1 point from Bolton, Everton, Fulham, Villa and the smogs is disgraceful.

There were many Shepherd out chants from where I was sitting.

Guest smoggeordie

Can anyone who was at the match today actually, hand on heart, say that Roeder could have done anymore today?

We played well, missed our numerous chances, and they scored one of theirs.

How can people make comments like "Roeder Out" when they haven't even been to the f**king" match!!!

Yeah.

Leaving the zog till the 89th minute was disgraceful.

Can anyone who was at the match today actually, hand on heart, say that Roeder could have done anymore today?

How can people make comments like "Roeder Out" when they haven't even been to the f**king" match!!!

Plenty of people were there who seem to be saying we're a joke.  Strange, that. 

Yeah.

Leaving the zog till the 89th minute was disgraceful.

Playing Ramage at left back.

Oh, and before anyone says 'he's the only one we have available', whose fault is that?

Guest smoggeordie

I was there.

Ramage is a CB not a LB.

Carr is awful

Taylor played well

Butt didn't show up at all. Duff didn't beat a man all game except for his run where he was 5 yards out and rolled it to Schwarzer

Milner was as slow I've ever seen a winger.

Martins was a headless chicken

Sibierski was superb

Shola was poo

WE WANT SHEPHERD OUT

We're not 16th in the league and one depeat from a relegation position because of today, it's because of what we've done so far this season and part of that is down to our tranfer window, take your blinkers off.

Guest Geordiesned

I couldn't believe Roeder's reaction to us going a goal down. Did he try and get a message to the players to change the system as we now needed a goal? Did he make a quick change, bringing Zoggy and/or Rossi on to take the game to Boro? Did he fuck. He sat on his arse without a fucking clue what to do.

I am not defending Roeder I am now seeing he was a bad choice! Are the players as shite as our performances suggest, would it help having a quality manager in.

Even though we have shite defenders I refuse to believe that some talented manager couldn't at least cut some of their mistakes out.

Its a horrible feeling before any match these days, I dread hearing the result I am always thinking the worse. Freddy you left it too late last time with Souness a change of things took us up to 7th not the same mistake again, get someone in now and they can asses the squad and make changes in January.