Author Topic: Edgar Cayce video  (Read 2589 times)

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
Edgar Cayce video
« on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 07:44:07 AM »
It's time for another excursion into digital video editing to come to an end and here is the first cut of a music video, Edgar Cayce, by a local artist called Noah 23.

I was given the raw footage a couple of months back, and this is the end product of an arduous couple of months where deadlines, very much like lunchtimes(© Douglas Adams), whooshed by and a lot of extra work had to be done to avoid reshooting and throwing the whole album launch off-schedule. We ended up doing what we could do with the footage -- which you'll notice is a bit... all over the place... but I hope it at least has some sort of cohesion.

Noah's album, Technoshamanism, is out locally through Legendary Entertainment (based in Brampton, Ontario) (repreZent!) and will be available digitally as well - we hope - with more videos, etc. to come. I'll post the myspace link up when I get it.

Anyways, for anyone who has a listen or a watch, thanks for the support.

Cheers. 

PS: Bring on the insults/compliments, for I know there is enough ammo available for both.  bluecool.gif

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
Re: Edgar Cayce video
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 10:04:58 AM »
The track itself isn't terrible, but the video is...
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 11:32:44 AM »
Video is cobblers, bearing in mind who Edgar Cayce is. The use of the magic no.23 doesn't seem to have helped here.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 03:01:26 PM »
Haha, thanks for the honesty. This is actually the worst music video ever made. When I was given the footage I told'em there's really nothing to be done but reshoot the damn thing as it looked ludicrous. They refused. I know these guys (who run Legendary Ent., the record label) through my cousin, who is good friends with them, and "words were given" and I was in a situation when I was to salvage the footage. So I was like, alright, no problem. My idea was to almost ditch the video they had shot and shoot a Guy Maddin style black and white, all low lights, short film about Edgar Cayce - which would make f***ing more sense - and his life, his predictions, etc.

But (sigh) they hated the idea, specifically waiting for anything new to finish shooting as they were already passed their deadline. So I cut the video they had given me the best I could, without the use of any still photography (which, let's admit, looks ridiculous) and no needless "special effects" which have eventually made the final video look like an elaborate Powerpoint presentation.

They didn't like it. So they gave me, step by step, okay, a work chart, a flow chart, with seconds and minutes of the video written down and what they wanted on screen each second. Needless to say, I told my cousin I can't work with these people. This is f***ing disgusting. But, again, words were given, and they pleaded for me to just finish it and hand it to them.

So I did.

Did you guys notice one pic which is hand-drawn on a piece of paper (with lines and all) showing a question mark and an exclamation mark fighting? One of the guys at the label drew it himself, scanned it, and sent it to me, saying he wants it in. At that point I realised I was officially aiding in the conception of the worst music video ever made.

Thanks for watching, anyways. That was the Behind the Scenes story for you lot.  bluecool.gif

Now I can f***ing get back to my own projects. And not feel like a whore (a video whore. I quite enjoy being a physical one).

Offline 80

• Administrator
  • General Member
  • Negative Cat
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 03:46:55 PM »
You'd be half-way there if you removed all shots with the idiots in :thup:
Maturity is not Passivity.

Paul Allen

« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 October 2006, 02:11:23 AM »
i think the best part of the video is when Crunk is not in the video......n e ways as i told you before time and time again...this is a bad video....with the footage you had to work with this is a good editing piece. don't do diet coke and mentos. Please